• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 13: Lions vs. Bulls (20/05/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

Lions.png
140401043934749262.png

Venue: Emirates Airlines Park
Time: 17:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Entertaining start to say the least. Ive been waiting for this centers clash for a long time.

I cant recall a team as hungry for points as this Lions team. The last 3 minutes of the 1h were a pleasure to watch.

The lions just confirmed what we suspected. The Bulls season is over.

Jesse Kriel and Jan Serfontein played well compared to their teammates. They tried to make something happen through determination and got a try each. Paige was **** when he lined up that clearance kick close to his line every player in the park could see what he was doing. So Whiteley just charged down his obvious attempt and scored.

On the lions side I thought Combrinck played great and he was a player returning from injury. With two good tries he is back in contention for a springbok spot. Kwagga Smith was everywhere. He made steals. Runs and generally had a high work rate. He missed a tackle that led to a Kriel try but that was more due to Kriels determination.

The lions just confirmed what we suspected. The Bulls season is over.

Jesse Kriel and Jan Serfontein played well compared to their teammates. They tried to make something happen through determination and got a try each. Paige was **** when he lined up that clearance kick close to his line every player in the park could see what he was doing. So Whiteley just charged down his obvious attempt and scored.

On the lions side I thought Combrinck played great and he was a player returning from injury. With two good tries he is back in contention for a springbok spot. Kwagga Smith was everywhere. He made steals. Runs and generally had a high work rate. He missed a tackle that led to a Kriel try but that was more due to Kriels determination.

Dude, our season was over when we lost to the Sunwolves...

This just goes to show the massive gap there is between the top teams and the Bulls. Losing by such a big margin just proves that Nollis Marais is not up to scratch with the other coaches, and that we really need to look at our structures. Jan Serfontein is seriously knocking on the door to be first choice pick at 12 for the Boks, especially with Rohan JvR still out with injury.

Paige again showed that he's not a bok-quality scrumhalf, and our forwards are just not fit enough.

Happy that I missed the game.

I don't think there was THAT much difference between both teams skill wise. It's only that the bulls, for some reason, can't seem to focus for more than 10 consecutive minutes.
I mean, look at the first half and then compare it to the second half. 1H was a massacre but 2H was very close.
Before anyone claims the Lions swifted down a gear or two in the second half, lets recall the last 5 minutes of the 1H. The Lions do not shift down gears.

Latest posts