• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 14: Jaguares vs. Brumbies (27/05/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

K9WX3W0.png
1ZOgfhx.png

Venue: Estadio Jose Amalfitani
Time: 23:40 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Brumbies by 15+. They got a close 2nd they need the win more than us. We play for nothing so im guessing a bad performance as usual.

I wonder if the Jaguares will fight or will let a poor result reflect on Perez to try and get rid of him. Brumbies to consolidate their playoff place with a win.

Lots of Aussie opponents coming up, if the Jags beat the Brumbies it'll set them up to take the rest, although the Brumbies did give the Lions a hard time. Can the Jaguares still reach the playoffs?

Lots of Aussie opponents coming up, if the Jags beat the Brumbies it'll set them up to take the rest, although the Brumbies did give the Lions a hard time. Can the Jaguares still reach the playoffs?

nope

Sharks was our direct competitor on the road to the playoffs. But we made sure the fight for the playoffs was over after losing twice against them plus losing to teams like Bulls and Force and not winning with BP against Sunwolves, We are sad.

Can the Jaguares still reach the playoffs?
No. We chocked against the Sharks at home (THE game of the season for us). Still, we were given another chance (when the kings beat the sharks) but we managed to lose against the Force... at home.
We won't qualify and we do not deserve to qualify.

I wonder if the Jaguares will fight or will let a poor result reflect on Perez to try and get rid of him. Brumbies to consolidate their playoff place with a win.

I really don't like to think that the Jags would under-perform on purpose out of spite for the coach... sadly it does seem possible. With the changes for next season and enough fans still not sold on the expansion to Japan and Argentina, it seems like a high risk to take...

How much does the Argentinian market actually make for SR? Anyone have numbers on ticket sales or TV audience etc.? Is it enough (or growing fast enough) to save their skin even if they keep playing badly?

I mean I think they're safe for the next 2 seasons, but in 2019 when everyone else is planning for the RWC, I'm guessing they'll be a lot of decisions getting made about SR, and what happens in the 2018 season will be important. I really hope the Jags are in a better place by Feb and can hit the ground running.

Rags or Dumbbees? What a spectacle this will be! They might even break the records for most kicks and handling errors in one match! Neither team is good enough to win. So, it will be a draw. A very dull draw.

I have to watch most of the games either at the pub or on my laptop (cable here doesn't have skysports but pubs have it (illegally)). I'm on my laptop now, and after watching Jaguares for 30 min I have to make a gargantuan effort not to open a new tab on my browser and watch a(ny) random youtube video. My eyes hurt. I am not kidding.

What was lavanini thinking? Is he mentally challenged or something?

I swore I wouldn't watch this crap but I did. WHAT is wrong with this team? Are they not being payed? Why are they trying to lose?

I like the Kiwi fly-half, Hawera. When he will be eligible for Wallabies, he will be a killing weapon for them

Chau Perez, bueno para nada. Si tenés un poco de dignidad todavía, tomatelás de una buena vez.

I am a bit worried about this having a big impact in viewership.

Was talking about this with a friend today and he asked me why? I couldnt help to compare it to CASI. God knows we ve had rough times but there are two things that never lacked: heart and, given the resources you have at hand, trying to use them the best way you can. We failed, millions of times, but that was not the point. In a nutshell, fans can tolerate a LOT. Lack of heart, plain stupidity and not even the slightest hint of self criticism, all 3 for prolonged periods of time, fand will not.

It s not that we lost. It is how we lost. I hear the players being interviewed after the games and the impression i get is they do not give a flying turd. Fans will follow that attitude, fast.
This was not an isolated incident, it was the pinnacle of incompetence, the hard proof that many faithfull fans might have wanted to overlook. Now they cant. It s here, we ve seen it, and it is simply unacceptable.

It s a shame and it kinda breaks my heart.

I like the Kiwi fly-half, Hawera. When he will be eligible for Wallabies, he will be a killing weapon for them
He's no match compared to Foley in my opinion. The Wallabies have a classy first five, and I hope he'll be playing for another few years with them

Finally i heard on scrum say " well right now super rugby is not working and hindering Pumas efforts".

Latest posts