• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 14: Rebels vs. Crusaders (27/05/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

Y55uszV.png
yNiq3rv.png

Venue: AAMI Park
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Crusaders team named:

1. Wyatt Crockett
2. Ben Funnell
3. Michael Alaalatoa
4. Quinten Strange
5. Sam Whitelock (C)
6. Heiden Bedwell-Curtis
7. Pete Samu
8. Jordan Taufua
9. Bryn Hall
10. Richie Mo'unga
11. Manasa Mataele
12. Tim Bateman
13. Seta Tamanivalu
14. Israel Dagg
15. David Havili

RESERVES
16. Andrew Makalio
17. Joe Moody
18. Oli Jager
19. Luke Romano
20. Jed Brown
21. Mitchell Drummond
22. Mitchell Hunt
23. George Bridge

Bit of a reshuffle, as you'd expect going into the easiest game of the rest of the season. I'm ecstatic about the wings. It's awesome to see Dagg back, he'll be super hungry to play well, and it's great to see Mataele getting another start, he's a real talent... could be a start down the line. I can't wait to see these guys get their hands on the ball.
It's good too to see Seta in his preferred position, could maybe make a late run for an ABs midfield spot? Probs not...
Tbh I actually probably prefer this backline to the one they normally go with...

Lol saders resting top players, clearly tthey know the rebels will beat them up. I mean just look at that rebels squad. Star-Studded. They'd beat most int. sides. Poor Crusaders don't stand a chance.

It's at the MCG isn't it?
Cricket score.
Joe Moody and Luke Romano are on the bench?
How much depth have the saders got?
Dear Rebels, bend over and kiss the whip.... .... whiccckkkish !!!!!

What's the deal with the Rebels' shirts? I've counted three different main sponsors on the belly of the jersey. It looks really tacky.

What's the deal with the Rebels' shirts? I've counted three different main sponsors on the belly of the jersey. It looks really tacky.
Dunno but based on that 1st half this is gonna end in a cricket score. Tamanivalu has been the standout so far IMO, very dangerous with the ball, both with his running and offloading.
Just wish he had passed it out to Mataele instead of going for the try himself as he's my fantasy cap lol. At least he already bagged a try though...

Well... bit scrappy in the end. Credit to the Rebels though, they played some good footy at times. Havili had a huge game, MOTM imo. Crusaders continue to extend their lead at the top of the table...

Well... bit scrappy in the end. Credit to the Rebels though, they played some good footy at times. Havili had a huge game, MOTM imo. Crusaders continue to extend their lead at the top of the table...

The result was never in doubt; only the final score.

Next up in my day of watching rugby is Bulls vs. 'Canes in an hour.

Latest posts