• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 17: Waratahs vs. Jaguares (08/07/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

cZLaAJf.jpg
K9WX3W0.png

Venue: Allianz Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

let me guess. it will be yet another painfull display by the jags. when a player makes a clean break it will be isolated and the ball lost (cant belive how they do this over and over specially when they play with that aim.)
we will loose scrums and line outs. slow at the breackdown (we will involve at least 2 unncesary players every time) we will do at least 15 penalties and 10 turnovers. yet we will manage to score a few trys to keep the score close
finally will loose en the final 20 min, arg press will say we are almost there, that we just need to adjust a few details.
how long until we get kicked out of super rugby?

If Jaguares continue to play this way, people will stop watching. Most people are not going to wake up/stay late to watch a bunch of troglodytes drop the ball and miss tackles again and again and again.
They've had 2 seasons. First one they came up with a plethora of excuses "the travelling, getting used to the new competition/teams" the lot. The saddest part, is that we actually played better the first season.

Adding to what petite said:

i

The contract i think is till 2019? After that we are gone unless we produce something in 2018/19.

Waratahs by 15.

I remember the Jags dominating the Chiefs, yet still losing the match. I was not popular with Argentina fans on this forum because of how critical I was that they let the game slip. Back then I could not have imagined them slipping into the comedic, slapstick style of rugby they are now known for. The sad thing is that even the weakest Super Rugby teams expect to come out on top against them, home and away. Players and management should be ashamed.

'Tahs by 24

I dont the Jagaures will want to do anything that might help keep Perez his job. Tahs for me too.

You can (and should) blame Perez for a lot, a LOT of things, but guys dropping the ball or missing a tackle cannot be 100% his fault. Dunno what to think at this point, maybe it's the contrarian in me talking.
Guess what i am trying to say is that he should and hopefully will be replaced, but several players also need to get their act together, pronto.

You can (and should) blame Perez for a lot, a LOT of things, but guys dropping the ball or missing a tackle cannot be 100% his fault. Dunno what to think at this point, maybe it's the contrarian in me talking.
Guess what i am trying to say is that he should and hopefully will be replaced, but several players also need to get their act together, pronto.

yes those kind of silly mistakes unforeced errors and lack of will are the things that make me wonder if they are doing it on purpose.
im not saying perez is responsable for every knock on but theres something tainted in that group and i think the only way to turn the page is if he leaves.
maybe some players too..

While we are not great, player by player our team is better than half the teams here. Yet we lose. thats strange, so add bad coach and players intentionally losing and it all seems to fit.

Well done Jags but I can see that indiscipline will cost them again. Both second rows yellow carded in the space of a minute is stupid

It is so bloody frustrating to watch these guys. They ve probably shaved off a couple of years from my life expectancy.

Well a win that changes nothing but at least we can finish this year with a little more dignity.

I think Perez had to go, two losing seasons with a squad of that ability is not acceptable. There was some signs of improvement with discipline and patience at the start of the year but that faded.

I would not say Perez is a lost cause and he should be kept by the union in some capacity to see if he can develop further. Maybe swap places with Contepomi (although he hasn't been doing so good either).

It is tough for the union. The Sunwolves can afford a world leading coach and give him a Japanese assistant. This would be ideal for the Jagaures but I doubt that they'd have the money for a top coach.

Accepting European based players might help the Pumas in the short term but might be harmful in the long term to both Jagaures and Pumas. Personally I think it is more of a coaching issue.

WIth Super Rugby changing and appearing to head more towards Asia/Pacific it is vital the Jagaures reach the playoffs and show a second Argentine side would become viable. But next year is going to be incredibly tough with the new format.

Latest posts