• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 18: Rebels vs. Jaguares (14/07/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

Y55uszV.png
K9WX3W0.png

Venue: AAMI Park
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Yey a win and most important we dont have to see them play to next year!!!!

Careful there, lads. Why you so happy for pérez's departure?

There's a scene from this match that I'll remember: last play of the 1s half, we have two options, points or line out. Creevy says points, we loose by 3 or 6, I don't remember. Landajo says otherwise. He says we should try for the maultry. What do we do? We miss the chance and go without points when having a 70 something percentage kicker.

And it was like this all year, and I don't think it will go with Pérez.

Let's start by getting rid of Hernández, Landajo et al, let's get Delguy and all the other prospects in, and a coach with real authority. Then we'll see.

Final score was 32-29.

Horacito has a point. I would expect pretty much ANY SR, PRO12, etc team to have thought about all those scenarios and know them by heart. I can understand changing plans if your kicker is having an awful day, but otherwise, there should be a plan in place and that plan should be executed. There should be little room for that sort of improvisation at this level.
You could argue a good coach should be able to change that, but given the UAR's (not just jaguares!) history of "camarillas", i find that very, very hard to believe.

I read not long ago that the ABs have contingency plans for even the most ridiculous scenarios, things like, what to do if you have 2 YC players and need a try to win. Of course these are extreme examples, and the Jaguares are not the ABs, but i would expect them to have a list of elementary situations planned out in advance.

And the decision making is still appalling. we got VERY lucky with that cross kick from Hernandez that ended up in a try. Rebels defended horribly.

I really try to put myself in Hernandez shoes and i do not understand what the **** is he thinking. He drop goals when he should not, and he cross kicks when he shouldn't either.
The fact he misses penalties in front of the posts is just the icing on the cake.

I feel really bad for him. I remember the time when whenever he got the ball i thought: "ok, what genius play will he come up with now". Not it is more along the lines of "please do not **** it up again".
It is very, very sad. To think he was a top 2 full back in the world...

Man, it all started so well, but once again, they just couldn't keep it up. :(

It may be time to start recruiting guys from europe to play this RC: a cap limit of 5 players to bring in Isa, Imoff, Figallo, etc.

It is absolutely ridiculous to think of Herrera's performance since he became a substitute and ceased to be a starter: it's a huge improvement. You know why is all this? Because some players here think they have their spot for sure. They don't.

Landajo taking Bertranou's spot was dreadful to see.

Nico Sánchez's performance was awful at times, and when trying to substitute him, De la Fuente was worse.

Same for Senatore, Orlando, Ezcurra. The only players I would save from hell are Cordero, Creevy, Matera, Bertranou, Moyano, Boffelli, Montoya, Tuculet.

Get Hernández, Ezcurra, Landajo, Herrera, De la Fuente, etc, out. Team managment had huge problems because is obvious that there are groups or camarillas that had a better relationship with the staff.

This should be a much larger post but I'm tired.

Im so happy cause he's(Perez) a flop and that translates to the field. People like in every environment need discipline and guidance. If you make bad choices every week they stop believing in you and we can see that on the field every weekend.

As for that particular situation it`s Creevy fault if there was a penalty he goes to the referee and says post. End of matter and if Landajo does not like it then bad luck. There is not place for argue or consult you are the captain take lead or leave the role to another player. A lot of times this year and last one Creevy lack of leadership showed.

PS: I like Escurra i think he needs more playing time. As for Bertranou sorry but i saw him pass the ball like some in M16. He`s not better than Landajo at least not yet maybe with a season more he can improve.

Oh come on, just yesterday Landajo managed to turn a scrum in our favor in our own 22m line into a scrum against us in our own 22m line. Come. On.

Yeah Creevy has some issues showing who's the boss.

Dont get me wrong im not saying Landajo is good. Im saying both are bad but of the two i prefer him. If it was for me neither would play xD. Next year the one from brumbies will come back i think(cant recall his name now).

Cubelli.

Yeah I cannot imagine how Cubelli had to leave for Australia but we somehow managed to get Landajo. On the other hand, he played two years of playoffs in SR in a row.

Jaguares' prospects for next year?

If Cubelli comes back he should be SH no doubt.

Probably the same guys plus a few Pumitas that are good to play? I would take out some players that are too old or haven't produced anything in this 2 years to free money(they need). It will all come to depend on which coach they hire. Despite all, this team is better player by player than half of the teams out there.

We won 7 matches being horrible. Sharks went to play off with 9 games. Sooo we are not that far away. Good coaching and few players swaps and we can have winning season.

ps. Team still too short to play SR + 4N + 2 windows.

I can't believe we lost to Force, Kings and Bulls. There you have our ticket to play offs. We played horrible rugby and we almost made it. Anyway, that doesn't mean we are good, it just means SR is not that demanding, at least not to make it into the play offs.

Next year is going to be a more lot demanding. We need to win against everyone in Our conference except for Lions and stormers maybe.

the team made a geat improvement when landajo left the field he had a horrible game.
his pasing is slow and inaccurate, he´s kicking non existent. hes desition making less than avarge. he´s always running whit the ball like 5 yards before the pass, seeking for a hole. everyboy knows him by now. hes allways hitting some wall of deffenders and loosing the ball.
bertanou has a more traditional aproach faster passing (not so accurtate either) but his desition making is better. less show of = faster ball to feed the backs. that was enough to win the mach vs rebels

el cumpa is leaving for stade fracais! now we only have pieretto 22 year old tight head prop
i hope he delivers as many pennalies and yellows to the french tournament

HAHA realy? More and more will go. Although Herrera is a penalty machine so i think im ok with him leaving.

Cubelli IN, already signed the contract apparently.

Do we have a thread only for Jaguares? News and stuff about the team to dream while waiting for the next season.

Latest posts