• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 7: Sharks vs. Jaguares (08/04/2017)

There's a very high likelyhood of there being no wild cards from Aus and SA1 conference. This means that there is a chance of 2 wildcards in NZ and 2 in SA2. I grant that 3 NZ and 1 SA2 is probably the most likely possibility, but I wouldn't rule out the 2-2 split.

I don't know what makes you think that there is a high likelihood of SA1 conference not having the African wildcard. All of SA2 has to play NZ teams, while SA1 plays Australian sides. Add to that, every side on SA2 is looking exceptionall poor apart from the Stormers, with the second team in SA2 having half the points of the Sharks/Jaguares. SA1 is basically guaranteed that wildcard.

Edit: I confused the SA conferences, apologies. You are correct, SA 1 is definitely not going to get a wildcard.

Also, you seem to be confused about the wildcards. One has to be from the African groups and 3 have to be from the Australasian table, SA2 can't get two wildcards.

Last edited:
I will be in attendance at the game this weekend so hoping for a cracker of a game and that the Sharks can win. The website selling tickets for this game says there is less than 1% tickets remaining for this game but i find that extremely hard to believe as the stadium can take around 52000 people and we have not been close to filling it up for a regular season game in recent memory. As you guys mentioned if the Jags win this one then i would count them as favourites to qualify for the playoffs. If the Sharks win then we have the upper hand because the jags would be under pressure to win us in Argentina to make up the lost ground whereas for the sharks we would be able to afford the loss in Argentina and just focus on winning our remaining home games which i believe should not be that hard.

My predictions for upcoming fixtures
S VS Jags - Win
S vs Rebels - Win
Jags vs S -- Loss
S vs Force - Win
Kings vs S -Win
Sunwolves vs S - Win
S vs Stormers - Win
S vs Bulls - Win
S vs Lions - Win

I always back us at home and away our opponents are very weak so we are well placed. Jags are going to have to do well in their remaining fixtures to claim that wild card spot. Obviously anything can happen and we can still go on a losing streak my predictions are based on quality of opposition vs home ground advantage.

I don't know what makes you think that there is a high likelihood of SA1 conference not having the African wildcard. All of SA2 has to play NZ teams, while SA1 plays Australian sides. Add to that, every side on SA2 is looking exceptionall poor apart from the Stormers, with the second team in SA2 having half the points of the Sharks/Jaguares. SA1 is basically guaranteed that wildcard.

Also, you seem to be confused about the wildcards. One has to be from the African groups and 3 have to be from the Australasian table, SA2 can't get two wildcards.

Sorry, I mixed SA1 and SA2 in my head, my thinking is the opposite of what you described.

I didn't know there was a rule that forced the 3-1 split.

I think its the other way around.

attachment.php

Attachments

• jags2.jpg
    jags2.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 69
I think its the other way around.

Thanks for that, I had thought of SA1 and SA2 of consisting of the opposite teams, have added an edit to my previous post.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I mixed SA1 and SA2 in my head, my thinking is the opposite of what you described.

I didn't know there was a rule that forced the 3-1 split.

You weren't wrong about the SA conferences, I was.

On the enforced rule, in the current tables you can see that the Sharks have more points than the Blues, but they aren't in the wildcards as a result of that enforcement.

Surprised to see Petti and Cordero on the bench. They'll give some impact on 60mins but the Jaguares have to still be in the match at that point first.

Escurra played great last match and is elusive. Cordero is faster but cant generate unless theres space for him to use his speed. As for Petti maybe hes not at 100% yet? Also Kramer tackled a lot last match.

ps: 10.05 am argentina time, right?

Yes right 10:05, ESPN Broadcast and ESPN Play, from 9:30 am in Buenos Aires.

In PLANETRUGBY page

Jaguares: 15 Joaquín Tuculet, 14 Ramiro Moyano, 13 Matías Orlando, 12 Jerónimo de la Fuente, 11 Bautista Ezcurra, 10 Nicolás Sánchez, 9 Gonzalo Bertranou, 8 Leonardo Senatore, 7 Tomás Lezana, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Matías Alemanno, 4 Marcos Kremer, 3 Ramiro Herrera, 2 Agustín Creevy (c), 1 Lucas Noguera Paz
Replacements: 16 Roberto Tejerizo, 17 Santiago García Botta, 18 Felipe Arregui, 19 Guido Petti, 20 Rodrigo Baez, 21 Felipe Ezcurra, 22 Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias, 23 Emiliano Boffelli

23 Emiliano Boffelli ??or Santiago Cordero?

And this is why the Aussies don't like Rugby Union, it's a f*cking kicking game. Jaguares is winning by 2 kicks despite Sharks made the only one try in the game

What's the matter with the feeding at the scrum in Super Rugby? What's the point in having a scrum anyway if the ball goes directly from the SH's hands to the no. 8's feet?

Also, I notice every time the ball goes to Shark's Fly Half, it takes forever for him to act on it. We have taken advantage of that but not as much as we should.

Smothering from the Sharks. Not pretty but a lot of that is due to the humidity.

Well, back to ugly playing again. What a dreadful match. Senatore should get a match in the bench for kicking a ball with 5 min left(also played awful). We missed 2 kicks we lost. We always do the opposite of what the match needed. We should played more.

Ruined my saturday.

I'm actually hopeful... considering the team did everything wrong and still had a chance to take it up until the last second.

Why all that kicking? We should have kept the ball for longer. Sanchez cost us the game missing those two kicks plus getting carded. Also, is frustating that there isn't a proper replacement for Creevy taking into account that he cannot play for 80 minutes.

Creevy should play all 80 min until Montoya is available again. Tejerizo is just not up to this level.

Also, I'll probably get dissed for saying this, but I think Juani could have been an asset today with the kicking game and all that.

Creevy looks tired. All the pack of forwards looks tired. Thet need some rotation.
At this time it's clear that Tejerizo isn't a hooker and will never be in the starting XV. So I think that Gaspar Baldunciel could be a good option.

Really bad game. Mixed feelings as we still were able to get a bonus point.

Congrats Sharks!

Latest posts