• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 9: Hurricanes vs. Brumbies (21/04/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Hurricanes.png
Versus%20Super.png
Brumbies.png

Venue: McLean Park
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Teams

Hurricanes: 15 Jordie Barrett, 14 Cory Jane, 13 Vince Aso, 12 Ngani Laumape, 11 Julian Savea, 10 Beauden Barrett, 9 Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, 8 Blade Thomson, 7 Ardie Savea, 6 Brad Shields (captain), 5 Vaea Fifita, 4 Mark Abbott, 3 Jeffery To'omaga-Allen, 2 Ricky Riccitelli, 1 Ben May

Substitutes: 16 Leni Apisai, 17 Chris Eves, 18 Mike Kainga, 19 James Blackwell, 20 Callum Gibbins, 21 TJ Perenara, 22 Otere Black, 23 Ben Lam

Brumbies: 15 Aidan Toua, 14 Henry Speight, 13 Tevita Kuridrani, 12 Andrew Smith, 11 James Dargaville, 10 Wharenui Hawera, 9 Joe Powell, 8 Jarrad Butler, 7 Chris Alcock, 6 Scott Fardy, 5 Sam Carter (captain), 4 Rory Arnold, 3 Allan Alaalatoa, 2 Josh Mann-Rea, Scott Sio

Substitutes:16 Robbie Abel, 17 Nic Mayhew, 18 Ben Alexander, 19 Blake Enever, 20 Lolo Fakaosilea, 21 De Wet Roos, 22 Jordan Jackson-Hope, 23 Nigel Ah Wong

Last edited:
The B&I Lions fans need to follow the Hurricanes' games. B Barrett has been in sensational form right in time for the tour.

The Brumbies were in it (even leading) due to a tight patch where the 'Canes didn't have any ball and I expect Gatland will instruct his Lions to keep it tight, make damn sure to be first at the breakdown and when kicking be accurate and have guys thee to stop quick throw-ins because you want to keep the ball away from Barrett at all costs.

A Crusaders pack with a Hurricanes backline would be enough to secure the tour IMO nevermind the Chiefs, Highlanders and odd Blues player LOL. How is Dane Coles faring? Will he be available for the Lions?

Last edited:
Wow what a game to watch! Brumbies produced a try to match the Chiefs' and Stormers' tries and that 2nd half performance from the Canes was immense... when the Canes click like that they are near unstoppable and it is so satisfying to watch! (at least for me lol). Also, Barrett is entering new territory with this from, it's ridiculous how good he is with a bit of front foot ball.

How is Dane Coles faring? Will he be available for the Lions?

Coles is better, should be good to go next game! Could've played tonight if it was a final...

WOW! If Bogan is not the best player in the world ATM, shoot me.

Bush Ponies surprised me for about 25 minutes in the first half - and I suspect they surprised the Canes too. But from then on the steamroller smashed down the paddock with monotonous regularity and piled on a million points.

A very classy performance from a very classy team, they showed strong composure when it mattered and the self belief translated into total dominance.

If like to see a comparison of 1H vs 2H stats of teams playing against nz franchises, particularly in nz. My memory aint that good but if i recall correctly quite a few teams put a very good fight, even were ahead, in the 1H only to capitulate, many times spectacularly, on the 2H. Wonder how much of that is to depth, how much is conditioning and how much is mental.

A good diagnosis is the first step to tackle a problem