• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018-19 Guinness Pro 14] Round 4 (21 & 22/09/2018)

He must think they are a fairly stupid bunch.

I suppose, if you look at wee stupid rat-dogs barking like f**k at say, a big German Shepard, and the big dog wondering "what the f**k does this dopey little runt think its doing - I'd eat it in two bites", then compare that to scrum-halves yapping and mouthing at the forward pack...
Are you suggesting that forwards and referees have the ability to think for themselves? They don't, we tell them what to do.

What are the thoughts on Jack Carty? Never rated him at all tbh but he's been very good so far this season from what I've seen if him. Given that there are only two capped Irish 10s available for selection (Keatley doesn't count) there's a bit of a gap there for someone to take hold of. His kicking has been decent as well and that was one of the things that was really holding Connacht back last year.

To be honest none of them are very good. The current Irish 10 order is 1. Sexton 2. Carvery followed by utter mediocrity. Burns and Carty have been pretty good for their respective provinces this season. Ross Byrne is decent but very limited going forward. Keatley and Hanrahan are just rubbish.

Good to see Dragons win without doing so by their fingernails. For once they looked comfortable in defense, managed the game well, didn't make many unforced errors, and their set piece were solid. If they can continue doing those 4 things well, they'll win a lot more games this season.

Glad to see the Kings get a win, and also glad to see the Cheetahs getting a draw. Here's hoping that they keep improving as the season goes. It does appear that their players are slowly getting back into the swing of things and that form is starting to return.

That last try by the Cheetahs was a thing of beauty.

Come on Connacht - they look like they can push for playoffs. Loving the praise for Carty. You can tell he is a player to whom nothing comes easy, just pure graft. But yeah, I wouldn't let him in the same solar system as the Irish national side!

Munster - please someone explain the apparent mediocrity?

Leinster looking a lot better than last year and signs Henshaw might be regaining top form? Their main rivals all seem to have taken a bit of a step back. A new challenger must emerge, but I'm not sure there is anyone.

Edinburgh bottom of the Conference below Kings. That's a sore one.

Good to see Dragons win without doing so by their fingernails. For once they looked comfortable in defense, managed the game well, didn't make many unforced errors, and their set piece were solid. If they can continue doing those 4 things well, they'll win a lot more games this season.

Zebre in wet conditions = automatic loss.

Newport seems wetter than Galway (albeit without the gales) - just weekly drizzle. Excellent that they got an artificial surface. They seem to get decent crowds despite the weather (and results) but I'm not a believer that they'll win more than 5 matches this season.

Latest posts