• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018-19 Guinness Pro 14] Round 6 (05 & 06/10/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
xODNX2f.png
Friday, 5 October 2018

Mrt8Ws7.png
VS.
ea3p2w5.png

Venue: Kingspan Stadium
Time: 20:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

XD7M23a.png
VS.
jKzI88q.png

Venue: BT Murrayfield Stadium
Time: 20:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

3hFBHsC.png
VS.
234gZ1v.png

Venue: Scotstoun Stadium
Time: CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 6 October 2018

yVpB6wg.png
VS.
TtXHK1F.png

Venue: Parc y Scarlets
Time: 16:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

OiGCN4W.png
VS.
xSbWuOm.png

Venue: Rodney Parade
Time: 18:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

KahQZsV.jpg
VS.
Gjh0NVH.png

Venue: Aviva Stadium
Time: 19:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

WR8BEWD.png
VS.
0SqdY1b.png

Venue: Stadio Comunale di Monigo
Time: 20:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Much, much, much better team than I feared:

15. Peter Nelson
14. Angus Kernohan
13. Angus Curtis
12. Stuart McCloskey
11. Jacob Stockdale
10. Billy Burns
9. John Cooney

1. Andrew Warwick
2. Rory Best
3. Tom O'Toole
4. Alan O'Connor
5. Iain Henderson
6. Matthew Rea
7. Nick Timoney
8. Marcell Coetzee

Replacements:

16 Adam McBurney
17 Eric O'Sullivan
18 Ross Kane
19 Kieran Treadwell
20 Sean Reidy
21 Dave Shanahan
22 Johnny McPhillips
23 James Hume

Leinster fans watching Carbery score against them this weekend.

Not wildly optimistic about this game considering how abysmal our record is in Dublin against Leinster and...... anyone. Hope we play Mathewson as his service looks really crisp compared to Williams. I'm gonna predict Leinster win something like 26-13, but you never know.

Byrne v Carbery gonna be lit. Hope Rosser dad dicks the scrotey turncoat. This should be close because I imagine we'll be down a lot of 1st team guys who played last week, still expect nothing less than a win with 3 or more tries to boot.

If I question Zebre's mediocrity will they win by 60?

On paper it looks like there will be no surprises,which this year probably means that there will be. Cheetahs in perfect conditions in Edinburgh is my "upset" prediction.

Welsh derbies should be a good indicator of the progress made by the Ospreys and Dragons.

I'm expecting the Scarlets and Blues to win, but I think both could be close affairs.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (199)
14. Fergus McFadden (172)
13. Rory O'Loughlin (45)
12. Robbie Henshaw (27)
11. James Lowe (16)
10. Ross Byrne (53)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (55)
1. Jack McGrath (133)
2. James Tracy (70)
3. Michael Bent (108)
4. Devin Toner (221)
5. James Ryan (17)
6. Rhys Ruddock (145) CAPTAIN
7. Dan Leavy (55)
8. Seán O'Brien (117)

16. Seán Cronin (157)
17. Cian Healy (194)
18. Andrew Porter (34)
19. Mick Kearney (38)
20. Josh van der Flier (63)
21. Luke McGrath (99)
22. Noel Reid (102)
23. Dave Kearney (124)

Far from first choice but enough quality there to deal with Munster. It's a pity they can't play this game when both teams have their A's out. I always find it weird that SOB playing 8 doesn't get talked about more cause it was his original position. Big test for Ross Byrne though especially against an in-form Carbery.

Don't think so, Joe's been on the Carbery hype train as long as anyone. Carbery is a better option on the bench anyway though. Even last season when Byrne was ahead of him in the Leinster pecking order he still couldn't get the blue 22 jersey off him.

Even if he does play brilliantly it'll be off the pack of a dominant pack and it'll be difficult to judge their respective performances.

A good wee game in Edinburgh, albeit with more handling errors than I'd have liked given the good conditions. Hickey again looks a very solid acquisition at fly half, Pyrgos brings more nous and a kicking game and young D'arcy Graham on the wing looks like a Shane Williams in the making.

I probably owe the Cheetahs coach an apology, I didn't realise they'd lost 18 players in the off season, so they are in the rebuilding phase. Once they cut out the butterfingers they looked alright and I think Franco Smith could be doing an okay job. M

At the start of the season I picked both teams to miss playoffs and on this evidence I'll stick with that (although the Ulster score is giving me pause for thought on that).

I think we are a long way off rock bottom yet.

Can quite easily see us go 0-6 in the matches that matter this year (we are already 0-2 with big records being broke in both).

Fantastic win for Edinburgh last night against Cheetahs FT 37-21 Cheetahs. They slowed down abit at the start of the second half but got going again. RIichard C has done a fantastic job selecting the best players for each game and I'm actually looking forward to the 1872 Cup games.

I love Good v Evil day. Well brought up, young, handsome men and some lovely God fearing Polynesians get to show they're better than mercs and traitors. It's the beauty of sport!

For all the talk of the diminished rivalry I still really want us to win. Pity *****house is reffing though. COYBIB

Just finished off some chores in readiness for a lloooonnnngggg Saturday, Pro 14 derbies first, All Blacks vs Spring Boks on delay, Pumas vs Oz and then the misses and I will be staying up through the night for UFC 229.

The only disappointment so far has been that my local supermarket didn't stock any Proper 12 so we had to get Jameson's for the Irish coffees.

O'Loughlin is always way better when he's playing with Henshaw. He lost a lot by being constantly partnered with Reid last year.

Latest posts