• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018-19 Guinness Pro 14] Round 8 (23 & 24/11/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
xODNX2f.png
Friday, 23 November 2018

3hFBHsC.png
VS.
xSbWuOm.png

Venue: Scotstoun Stadium
Time: 21:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

KahQZsV.jpg
VS.
TtXHK1F.png

Venue: RDS Arena

yVpB6wg.png
VS.
Mrt8Ws7.png

Venue: Parc y Scarlets

Saturday, 24 November 2018

jKzI88q.png
VS.
WR8BEWD.png

Venue: Toyota Stadium
Time: 14:30 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

0SqdY1b.png
VS.
ea3p2w5.png

Venue: NMMU Stadium
Time: 15:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

234gZ1v.png
VS.
Gjh0NVH.png

Venue: Stadio Sergio Lanfrachi
Time: 17:30 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

OiGCN4W.png
VS.
XD7M23a.png

Venue: Rodney Parade
Time: 19:30 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Playing at 14:00 in the summer in Bloemfontein was a very very odd and possibly dumb move from the organizers, luckily for the players the weather just so happens to be mild, with overcast conditions.Capture.PNG

Well, they can be glad they didn't play last weekend with that heatwave! it was 40 degrees at one stage last Saturday here in the North.

Well, they can be glad they didn't play last weekend with that heatwave! it was 40 degrees at one stage last Saturday here in the North.
Yea but you guys are quite fortunate in the north, wont survive close to the indian ocean cities with the heat and the humidity.

Anycase, off toppic... Think Cheetahs has a very good chance with this one.

There really should be two South African wins given it is an international weekend (Benetton will be decimated, Connacht won't be missing many and could have enough to win).

I was impressed by Edinburgh's depth without their internationals, so I'll pick them and Munster as away winners. Glasgow hosting Blues is probably game of the round and a bit of a coin toss.

Will be a week of mostly home wins. Our game v Cardiff is the toughest one to call. So all watch that and record the other 2. COME ON GLASGOW.

Scott Fardy best player on the pitch by a mile, looks like an overpowered video game character at the moment. Pity we don't have a scrum though.

Delighted for Scott Penny.

I like Nick McCarthy as a player hut Munster are welcome to him. Plenty of other 9s that are/will be better around here.

Edit: F***'s sake, terrible defence. Nice line though.

Edit of the edit: Clear obstustruction, if this is given I'll be p*****.

Edit 3: Great

Seriously, the Blues and Ospreys should be better than this. They've got decent teams out there, yet they're being smashed!

Seriously, the Blues and Ospreys should be better than this. They've got decent teams out there, yet they're being smashed!

The Ospreys probably have the biggest gap between the first and second-choices of any team in Europe's three big leagues (teams like Dragons and Zebre are more uniformly poor, which is different). As for the Blues, it looked like they were very poor in the first-half but got into it in the second-half.

Some performance. That was a decent Ospreys side out there and a bunch of 20 year olds just utterly demolished them.

Ross Molony looked the best he's been in a few years, his career really stagnated last season, hopefully he can get up a bit of form now. Ed Byrne has been really good this season, finally starting to live up to his reputation. Bryan was good off the bench as well (Tracy did a good job starting).

Fardy was the best player on the pitch, unreal. Our of all our forwards he's the player I'd like to see get injured least. So valuable during internationals especially. Stupid amount of talent between Penny, Deegan and Doris. Munster must be delighted to see so much captaincy material.

Frawley has been brilliant, we need him to be as well, after Byrne and Sexton we've seriously short at 10. Adam Byrne is really finding great form, he's such a weapon on the kick chase and in general he's great as well, he's got a lot of potential and I'd hope he can take this chance with most of the other wingers injured.

Overall just a great performance and it'll be a real confidence booster for the younger players in the squad. TG4 were saying we're up to 50 players used so far this season which is great.

Being able to put up 50 points with over 20 players unavailable is a testament to the depth in the squad even if the Ospreys surrendered more or less early on.

Frawley has been brilliant, we need him to be as well, after Byrne and Sexton we've seriously short at 10.
I know it was an understrength Ospreys so won't get too excited but I loved the way he attacked the line aggressively and committed defenders. It's great to see a young outhalf play with swagger. There were signs of Felipe Contepomi's coaching influence in that and also of Johnny Sexton in how he put Scott Fardy through a gap to set up Conor O'Brien's try.

Benetton reserves put in a very plucky showing at the Cheetahs. Got a losing BP but it looked like they might have got more for a lot of that match.

Dragons actually managed to hold on against Edinburgh when it looked like the latter would score a try in injury-time. I enjoyed the bits of the game I saw.

Latest posts