[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 2 (13&14/10/2018)

Discussion in 'European Champions & Challenge Cup' started by The Alpha Bro, Oct 8, 2018.

1. munstermuffin

munstermuffin Senior Member

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

Sure as some meeja say up there now. He's not in Ross Byrnes league.

Joey is young and still learning but he is a class act. Farrell helped make gaps. Joey showed if they appear he will pull strings.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Groundhog

Groundhog #1 Cuck

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

4. The Alpha Bro

The Alpha Bro Fat Boi

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Munster are steezing hard rn.

I ******* hate three red kings...

5. munstermuffin

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

And well wait until its confirmed we may rest him from that tournament in February to keep him fresh for European rugby.

6. The Alpha Bro

The Alpha Bro Fat Boi

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

lol, as if POM would stand for that!

7. ragerancher

ragerancher Senior Member

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

And once again an English team utterly fails against an Irish province, but I'm sure after seeing the national team and clubs all get not just beaten but utterly schooled, the powers that be in English rugby will wake up and recognise something is wrong?

That or they'll put the whole thing down to the luck of the Irish and continue to pretend there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the English setup...

8. munstermuffin

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

May not have an option depending on rib

9. FLOBALOB

FLOBALOB Senior Member

Country Flag:

Antilles

Club or Nation:

Cornish Priates

That's if they are still in the European cup, of course.

10. munstermuffin

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

Am I think we are almost guaranteed a runner up spot at worst so we will still be in Europe. And unless Castres win their last 2 games with 1 being a BP win we are qualified.

11. TRF_Olyy

TRF_Olyy English Arrogance

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

It wouldn't surprise me if castres got the full 10,
    Exeters form is slipping and they were poor in Europe even when flying in the prem,
    Gloucester are in dire straights atm and a trip away to France isn't going to help that

12. munstermuffin

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

Yes but that is them doing that and us picking up notging from Exeter game. Can you see that. And having rewatched Gloucester game. They were ok in patches and going to France with 0 pressure may help.

13. TRF_Olyy

TRF_Olyy English Arrogance

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

Ah, I've not looked at the table so don't really know the state of it/what Munster need.

Nice to see Sale Jr. follow actual Sale in getting 5pts at Gloucester anyway. Not saying Haley and Ciaran wanted to replicate our success but I think it's probably that Munster would have lost 0-100 if that fire hadn't been lit in the Englishmens hearts.

14. snoopy snoopy dog dog

snoopy snoopy dog dog Senior Member

Club or Nation:

Leinster

A full strength Munster is a bloody good team. They're still a bit stunted behind the scrum but in Conor Murray, Joey Carbery, Chris Farrell, Andrew Conway and Keith Earls they have players with enough individual talent to overcome that. If they click, Munster are a semi finalist at worst in the competition.

My favourite excuse was the Premiership is so strong that the teams beat each other up every week and are tired for Europe where the Irish teams are fresh. In essence, the league is too good which is why they crap the bed in Europe. Squad rotation is a bad thing apparently. If, for example, Leinster didn't rotate their squad, they'd be completely screwed now that Rob Kearney, James Lowe, Robbie Henshaw, Johnny Sexton, Devin Toner, Sean O'Brien and Dan Leavy are injured for the game against Toulouse this weekend.

To be fair, you just have to go on the cesspit that is Munsterfans and see plenty of Munster supporters saying the same thing. Carbery is a brilliant, instinctive player who I love watching. Byrne is more methodical but I don't think anyone can fault how Leinster play and how many tries they score with him QBing the team. I prefer watching Carbery because he's more capable of doing something off the cuff whereas Byrne is a steadier hand. I'm delighted to have him steering Leinster.

15. scotty507

scotty507 Senior Member

Club or Nation:

Exeter

If Chiefs some how manage to get to tge Quarter finals it will be well earned as they no need 10 points from 2 matches and to not allow Munster a single BP. Unlikly that it will happen but still looking forward to the match tomorrow.

16. FLOBALOB

FLOBALOB Senior Member

Country Flag:

Antilles

Club or Nation:

Cornish Priates

Nine points would be enough (assuming Munster had 0 bp).
    Id love it to go to last game winner takes all

17. FLOBALOB

FLOBALOB Senior Member

Country Flag:

Antilles

Club or Nation:

Cornish Priates

If you think Exeters form is slipping ,have you seen Castres recently?

18. munstermuffin

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

I stay clear of Munsterfans and babbling brook Snoop. Both sites have majority of clowns who are probably rare attendees at games. On 2 10s I agree both are very different but effective. Dig was more at idiotic journalists like Ger Gilroy who basically said Joey has ruined his career and isn't up to Euro standard

19. snoopy snoopy dog dog

snoopy snoopy dog dog Senior Member

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Gilroy is very frustrating. He can be excellent but every now and then dumbs it down. He's being tongue in cheek about Carbery.

My 2c would be that Carbery is better off getting a lot of game time at 10. I think he'd do better at Leinster due to quality of coaching if he was playing 10 regularly but Ross Byrne's presence complicates matters. The current situation is better for Carbery, Munster and Ireland. He's learning on the job and if he shows more consistency will be outstanding.

20. Groundhog

Groundhog #1 Cuck

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

Jaysus if you don't like Munsterfans don't look at the match thread on boards. A few posters calling for Carbery ahead of Sexton. With the way things are going, I don't think Joey's career in Munster is going to be a short term thing, and that has me over the moon. I think Castres may have been a real experience for him as he hasn't missed a kick since, and absolutely looked cock of the walk tonight. Another attritional challenge for him next week, but if him and Murray continue to sing from the same hymn sheet we're in very good hands.

21. scotty507

scotty507 Senior Member

Club or Nation:

Exeter

9 points would put both on 17 and munster would win on points difference, Chiefs -25 Munster 64 as it stands so unless we get BP wins and win by huge margins. Great if it comes down to the final weekend but prob not.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!