• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 2 (13&14/10/2018)

Well at least there is some consistency in the decisions.

No he didn't ollly he was running completely upright to be fair.
g8scqfq.png

That was a genuine yellow. Ref taking pity on Gloucester. If Gloucester were at home Cipriani and Twelvetrees would get yellows and the first one wouldn't be a penalty.

Okay so you're using the angels where the Gloucester player has dragged his body position down from the neck area and then cipriani hammers into his face. Other player made it way worse for Cipriani, but saying he could do nothing is nonsense.
Scannell didn't fall into anything. He carried in upright and was dragged down by his neck by the prop(?) into a position where cipriani hit him with a shoulder.

He was not upright, he was leaning forwards, his spine was in no way straight, which is why Rapava-Ruskin starts just below the neck and then goes around his neck. Doesn't change the fact that both defenders should know the rules, but don't misrepresent it.

Okay so you're using the angels where the Gloucester player has dragged his body position down from the neck area and then cipriani hammers into his face. Other player made it way worse for Cipriani, but saying he could do nothing is nonsense.
Scannell didn't fall into anything. He carried in upright and was dragged down by his neck by the prop(?) into a position where cipriani hit him with a shoulder.
He fell because of the seat belt tackle - I'm not suggesting he tripped over his own laces.
There's nothing Cipriani could do bar disappearing, the only reason Scannell's head hit Cipriani's shoulder is because he fell into it - not like Danny launched himself at him like the guy just did in the Exeter game.

You said Scannell was upright, I showed you he 100% wasn't.

I guess you could say it's reckless of Cipriani for going high/targetting the ball but red cards should be reserved for intentional/malicious foul play. This was neither, and in cliched terms, was a rugby accident.
Yellow for cipriani, penalty against the guy doing the seatbelt. Done.

What was the red in Castres for?
Luke Cowan Dickie was running a dummy line and the Castres no.8 launched himself shoulder first into his jaw - surprised LCD stayed on, it was a big big hit.

Gotta feel sorry for O'Donnell, he can never seem to catch a break with the injuries.

He fell because of the seat belt tackle - I'm not suggesting he tripped over his own laces.
There's nothing Cipriani could do bar disappearing, the only reason Scannell's head hit Cipriani's shoulder is because he fell into it - not like Danny launched himself at him like the guy just did in the Exeter game.

You said Scannell was upright, I showed you he 100% wasn't.

I guess you could say it's reckless of Cipriani for going high/targetting the ball but red cards should be reserved for intentional/malicious foul play. This was neither, and in cliched terms, was a rugby accident.
Yellow for cipriani, penalty against the guy doing the seatbelt. Done.

That was hard on Cipriani in fairness. The it's red going of the rule book but the rule book is wrong. Things like that should be yellows unless there's clear intent.

That was hard on Cipriani in fairness. The it's red going of the rule book but the rule book is wrong. Things like that should be yellows unless there's clear intent.

The issue is players who lean forward or ducking and defenders being in the wrong position and unable to change position to compensate. There is no malicious intent, but by the current rules it's red...

I know World Rugby wants to be seen to be tough on head injuries, but they do need to look at ones where the defender is reckless and ones where the defender gets caught out by the attacking player moving just before impact.

The issue is that Cops was upright making that hit. If he was in a proper low tackling stance he'd have been fine.

Unlucky, yes. Unforeseeable, no.

We deserve to be ahead but cards were both very harsh. Both by letter of law were correct. But to be fair Cips didn't swing an arm. So it's harsh. To be fair we didn't make meal of any either. The yellow I still barely see an offence.

Munster will put 40+ on Glos here if they're clinical in the slightest, the visitors have lost the plot.

Also, Arno Botha is juicy af.
We will scrape a BP if lucky. Just seem very flat. Glaws have disrupted well and are well up for it. We are very flat and Duncan while good last week is giving Joey poor ball this week. Tadgh Beirne is really pressing for Irish spot

Latest posts