• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 2 (13&14/10/2018)

@profitius that is 100% on the money. Even trainings were altered to try match this. Peter O'Mahony, Joey C, Stander and a few others have racked up huge minutes. We won't probably see them again until December which is fair but yes the toll did take it out of us but also mentally when you get the 5 points you do switch off slightly when shattered.

Add in we had a battle in the Aviva the a massive forwards battle in Exeter and a physical encounter yesterday. 3 weeks on the trot like that is hard.

The only sensible reply to that tweet: "Yep should have been a red. Ref missed it. I expect there are quite a few per game and will be until players change their tackling technique."

Although I'd have to see another angle, if first contact is Stander's arm to Twelvetrees shoulder and he rises up after I think that'd only be a yellow.

The salt against the Irish sides is hilarious after one successful season though!

The only sensible reply to that tweet: "Yep should have been a red. Ref missed it. I expect there are quite a few per game and will be until players change their tackling technique."

Although I'd have to see another angle, if first contact is Stander's arm to Twelvetrees shoulder and he rises up after I think that'd only be a yellow.

The salt against the Irish sides is hilarious after one successful season though!
I think that is the usual. Trait. As the sketch goes. Rd 1 and 2. The Pro14 is not a good league, Rd 3 and 4 the Irish clubs especially get special treatment. Rd 5 and 6 usually are again fix.

The funny bit on yesterday is every Munster fan even said a yellow at best. The clup picks out 1 which is kind of pure stupidity. As well you pointed Alpha it is shoulder 1st so yellow at very worst but having rewatched and knit picking, Archer, Scannell and Tommy at times could have been punished. Archers was terrible. In Gloucester Twelvetrees, the winger , 16 and 7 also I can easily pick out issues.

Moat not an issue but on Olyys clip it would end 10 v 10 maybe.
But on a seperate issue why is it the english clubs only are the ones struggling with laws. I agree high tackle is stupid but on review every broadcaster called the Cips incident a red card before. Is it an issue of being a bit arrogant to the laws and not expecting to be punished by the laws.

Rd 1 and 2. The Pro14 is not a good league,
You're literally the only person I have seen say this.
Literally.

But on a seperate issue why is it the english clubs only are the ones struggling with laws. I agree high tackle is stupid but on review every broadcaster called the Cips incident a red card before. Is it an issue of being a bit arrogant to the laws and not expecting to be punished by the laws.
....what?
Who is saying high tackles are legal?
Can you please link me to any English club who have said this.

I wondered how long the arrogant thing would come out to play :lol:

Guy gets red carded for an accidental high shot, and suddenly he's an arrogant see you next tuesday who thinks the laws don't apply because he's a God damned ENGLISHMAN DAMN IT.

CJ Stander is an arrogant sod who thinks he's above the laws, obviously.
Archer too.

You're literally the only person I have seen say this.
Literally.

....what?
Who is saying high tackles are legal?
Can you please link me to any English club who have said this.

I wondered how long the arrogant thing would come out to play :lol:

Guy gets red carded for an accidental high shot, and suddenly he's an arrogant see you next tuesday who thinks the laws don't apply because he's a God damned ENGLISHMAN DAMN IT.

CJ Stander is an arrogant sod who thinks he's above the laws, obviously.
Archer too.
If you think so fair enough. But well you are like broken record on here about Munster. But as I said it taken as compliment now. And I'm not only 1. There plenty of articles from English journalists about how the league isn't good. Brian O'Driscoll even mentioned it this week.

And maybe reading isn't stromg point. I said Cipriani was unlucky and he was not deserving. More tje Gloucester coaching staff, Bruce Craig this week and also Saracens hierarchy making comments.
And again many broadcasts mentioning the ill discipline in this area by UK clubs who statistically were way worst than other nations in week 1. So statistically speaking it fair comment.
But I said English clubs not English men too.

As for Cipriani he was a pure gent yesterday and was apologetic despite being told he was extremely unlucky and doesn't deserve a ban.

On Archer and Stander. I'm more shocked you left out Tommy who was guilty too but I've no doubt you do think it of them.

Also cant link but just listen to Glaws presser yesterday as link. Also not saying what was said was nonsense and alot I probably wpuld agree with but more that it answers your question

If you think so fair enough. But well you are like broken record on here about Munster.
What have I said about Munster?
I said that Cipriani should have gotten a yellow card, and that the World Rugby Laws are horse ****.
You're the one taking anything other than glowing praise as personal insults.

What have I said about Munster?
I said that Cipriani should have gotten a yellow card, and that the World Rugby Laws are horse ****.
You're the one taking anything other than glowing praise as personal insults.
In past you've made some remarks.

On Cipriani, I said it at time and having rewatched. It's a penalty at worst. Je couldn't move, the prop was as much a culprit (not malicious either) and stated laws are flawed.
And I didn't personally insult anybody

Munster
15. Mike Haley
14. Andrew Conway
13. Chris Farrell
12. Rory Scannell
11. Keith Earls
10. Joey Carbery
9. Conor Murray
1. Dave Kilcoyne
2. Niall Scannell
3. John Ryan
4. Tadhg Beirne
5. Billy Holland
6. Peter O'Mahony (Captain)
7. Chris Cloete
8. CJ Stander

Replacements:

16. Kevin O'Byrne
17. Jeremy Loughman
18. Ciaran Parker
19. Fineen Wycherly
20. Arno Botha
21. Alby Mathewson
22. JJ Hanrahan
23. Sam Arnold

Castres
15. Scott Spedding
14. Armand Batlle
13. Thomas Combezou
12. Florian Vialelle
11. Taylor Paris
10. Benjamin Urdapilleta
9. Ludovic Radosavljevic

1. Antoine Tichit
2. Jody Jenneker
3. Daniel Kotze
4. Loic Jacquet
5. Thibault Lassalle
6. Mathieu Babillot (captain)
7. Kevin Gimeno
8. Alex Tulou

Replacements:

16. Kevin Firmin
17. Paea Fa'anunu
18. Marc Clerc
19. Christophe Samson
20. Yannick Caballero
21. Julien Caminati
22. Martin Laveau
23. Rory Kockott

In my humble opinion that's the best Munster side on paper we've put out for years now. Capable of beating anyone on their day, but between guys coming back from injury and internationals I can see a rusty performance but not us losing. Only guy we're missing in Kleyn who would start in my opinion and then a bunch of bench guys. Seriously young set of forwards on the bench. So nice to have a sub scrum half who can really manage a tight game should the worst happen.
Someone else would have to tell me if that's a strong Castres team or not. That little imp of a scrum half Kockott is on the bench anyway. If you're not 6"2 you're not a real scrum half sweetie.

Shameless
Sale players discovering they have an Irish granny (2018)

IMG_1131.JPG

Game started well, then went downhill very quickly. Bit to do with the rain, but some poor decisions and execution by both sides.

Can I just say I hope a newspaper will do a wear what Woodburn is wearing piece but with more affordable alternatives.

Looking Fly AF.

Latest posts