• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 2 (13&14/10/2018)

Not far off an own try there from Gloucester, literally dragging White over the line.

and this is the reason why Baxter isn't ready for the England job.

Up against teams who can match him up front his tactics struggle?

and this is the reason why Baxter isn't ready for the England job.

Up against teams who can match him up front his tactics struggle?
Agreed , You get one chance for england so dont want baxter going when hes not ready or he will just fail. Eventually i think he could have what it takes.

2 losses on the bounce. Take nothing away from gloucester, deserved win.

A BP was always a slim chance in this weather but bow I think the key is just getting a win and demying them a point. Weather is terrible and our lineout is struggling out there at times. We arent playing well.

A good win for us. Bitter cold but we got the 4-0 which was vital. I must say I thought our back 3 were superb. Haley really was so calm and composed organising the lads and dealing with high balls in that wind.
Our pack battled well and our set piece was off. Butvit was our own doing. We never di early kick offs well so happy to win.

Can i just say I think England do produce top refs. JP I thought was very good today. Only one which may be debatable was when Conway pulled the man it could've been a pen try. But very good otherwise and even that one he probably explained.

We slate them when off but lets praise when it's due. He kept the scrums flowing well and there was no sloppiness

Can i just say I think England do produce top refs. JP I thought was very good today. Only one which may be debatable was when Conway pulled the man it could've been a pen try. But very good otherwise and even that one he probably explained.

We slate them when off but lets praise when it's due. He kept the scrums flowing well and there was no sloppiness
This is why the English are always complaining about referees - week in week out we have guys like Barnes, Doyle, Pearce, then we get to internationals or Euros and get stuck with the likes of Owens, Lacey etc.
The contrast is crazy

This is why the English are always complaining about referees - week in week out we have guys like Barnes, Doyle, Pearce, then we get to internationals or Euros and get stuck with the likes of Owens, Lacey etc.
The contrast is crazy
While I get what your saying. My point was more teams preparations should include studying refs.
Like some contrasts are down to personality too.

The French refs are better, at least what they ref resembles rugby a lot more than the Anglais. Pro 14 refs are **** though, needs to improve.

Pretty poor performance that just went to show how little Castres offered. Fair amount of ****le at the end that we can probably expect to blow up next week but no harm. Beirne was poor in the first half and then turned it around completely. Hands let him down a few times but he pulled off some vital turnovers. Wasn't very impressed with the backs bar Earls who is electric every time he gets the ball and rarely doesn't beat the first man. Murray was clearly rusty but his ability to break the line and create opportunities dragged us over the line twice. JJ is a good runner but doesn't run a back line well or do his centers any favors. Wasn't impressed with both Scannels honestly, but it's no big deal. Cloete is a top player but headless at times too. Another fairly frustrating game in Thomond that we win handily but wouldn't get away with against good opposition.
JPenis reffed well. Managed a scrappy ****ly game well. If he'd have allowed someone to plant a dig onto that muscle hamster Kockott's nose I'd have called it the perfect game.

Last edited:

Latest posts