• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 2 (13&14/10/2018)

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Exeter Chiefs v Munster Rugby
1515, Sandy Park Stadium, BT Sport

Gloucester Rugby v Castres Olympique
1300, Kingsholm Stadium, BT Sport/BEIN Sport​

Chiefs on form playing well and at sandy park will fancy this one but Munster are a class team, whats their form like recently?

Who are the favourites going in?

Chiefs on form playing well and at sandy park will fancy this one but Munster are a class team, whats their form like recently?

Who are the favourites going in?
We have been poor on road. Played our best rugby away vs Leinster but have injuries too.

Chiefs should win this because of the reason muff said. Munster are very poor on the road. They're both quality teams though and if both bring play as well as they can, it'll be extremely close.

Have to back Chiefs here and us in the return fixture. Really awful luck missing three scrum halves for this. 9. Williams and 21. Stafford doesn't fill me with confidence especially against a team who can probably match is in the pack. I'd say we're relatively similar teams in many ways with not much between us but given away form Ex could beat us handy if we're not careful.
We added Cronin to our European squad and removed Johnston in other news which makes sense.
My pick
1. Kilcoyne
2. Scannell
3. Archer
4. Kleyn
5. Beirne
6. O'Mahony
7. Cloete
8. Stander
9. Williams
10. Carbery
11. Earls
12. Scannell
13. Arnold
14. Sweetnam
15. Conway
16. Marshall
17. Cronin
18. Ryan
19. Holland
20. O'Donnell
21. Stafford
22. Hanrahan
23. Haley
I imagine O'Donnell will start and we may see Goggin in somewhere if Hanrahan is used to cover the back three with Conway shifting as needed.

Chiefs im hoping to see
Hepburn
LCD
Williams
Skinner
Dennis
Ewers
Kvesic
Armand( kvesic isnt an 8 where he played last week)
Townsend
JSimmonds
Cuthbert
Devoto
Slade
Nowell
Cordero

Yendle
Moon
Francais
Lonsdale
Lawday
Maunder
Steeno
Whitten (perfect 23 he covers position from 11 to 15)

But we will find out soon enough. Gutted i might not get to watch it as ive got tickets for the Bath game being in bath this weekend.

Chiefs should win this because of the reason muff said. Munster are very poor on the road. They're both quality teams though and if both bring play as well as they can, it'll be extremely close.
Our target is 5 or 6 points from these 2 games. A LBP is not a bad result. I do believe away wins will be hard earned.

Exeter: Dollman; Nowell, Slade, Whitten, Cordero; Steenson (c), Townsend; Moon, Cowan-Dickie, Williams; Dennis, Skinner; Ewers, Armand, Kvesic.

Replacements: Yeandle, Hepburn, Francis, Atkins, Lawday, Maunder, Simmonds, Hill.

Munster: Haley; Conway, Goggin, R Scannell, Earls; Carbery, Williams; Kilcoyne, N Scannell, Archer; Kleyn, Beirne; O'Mahony (c), Cloete, Stander.

Replacements: Marshall, J Cronin, Ryan, Holland, O'Donnell, N Cronin, JJ Hanrahan, Arnold.

Looking forward for this one, watching Bath at the Rec and then finding a pub ASAP to watch this one that i really want to watch lol.

Any predictions?

Exeter v Munster

Or as Barnes calls it his Saturday **** bank material.....

Hoping for a great game but in these conditions I could see it being a slogfest.

That shocking delay on the pass in to Haley is typical of why I've trouble seriously considering Andrew Conway for Ireland.

Left him as last man with 3 men sprinting and within 10 yards of him. Awful awful passing of responsibility when the team are looking him to show leadership!

Garcés is determined to make two of the best teams in Europe play the sloppiest game of the year.

Duncan Williams measures his speed of passing on the calendar. How the forwards can generate rhythm with him dictating matters is beyond me!

I'm shocked that Conway didn't get a card for that. I believe that it was completely accidental, but I don't think there could have been any complaints.

God tier exit plays from Exeter.

First make about 15cm from the penalty kick, then have your hooker run it into touch 1m up field from the lineout

Latest posts