• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 2 (13&14/10/2018)

JP Doyle is gick. Anyone who says anything positive about him is a personal enemy of mine, Johnny Sexton or any believer in the Star.
You're not going to talk back to JP because of the smell of gick on his breath after eating platefuls of human feces prior to every game to be fair. Good asset in a ref.

You're not going to talk back to JP because of the smell of gick on his breath after eating platefuls of human feces prior to every game to be fair. Good asset in a ref.
All those D4 lads and their banter...... we will never know. 1 pint of Heino and a Goozebery Gin and they are gone.

I'd have taken that before the game. They're a good pack and for the most part we outmuscled them. Beirne wasn't the best. With him and cloete playing I think we lack some bulk. Botha next week and Pom at 7?
I've just watched it back there jj did very well and you're right Haley was very good positionally.

Is Farrell going to be out for a while?

Kocket is asking for a box next week. Proper pup.

JP Doyle is gick. Anyone who says anything positive about him is a personal enemy of mine, Johnny Sexton or any believer in the Star.
Do not make me a personal enemy but i prefer him over any of the other refs. And i like how he speaks other languages. Before you go mad at me i will just say, He is the best out of a bad lot. The standard Worldwide is poor. Every match i watch there is at least 1 line-out that is nowhere near straight that gets let go. I could do better. I mean it.

Do not make me a personal enemy but i prefer him over any of the other refs. And i like how he speaks other languages. Before you go mad at me i will just say, He is the best out of a bad lot. The standard Worldwide is poor. Every match i watch there is at least 1 line-out that is nowhere near straight that gets let go. I could do better. I mean it.
Gick sympathiser. FRO.

(I don't expect anyone outside South Dublin to understand me rn)

Reffing rugby is really hard and there are too few refs, which leads too every ref ending up with an established and well known style (which is stupid and doesn't happen in any other sport) and the fact that rugby is full of borderline decisions mean that every ref is bound to **** off at least a few teams a season which leads to a series of bizzare personal vendettas (I have a load of them so I'm being a hypocrite here).

World Rugby seriously needs to look both at training refs and changing how the game is reffed on the field, maybe having multiple refs? Obvious arguments against that and there's definitely a better answer but the current system is dysfunctional.

Reffing rugby is really hard and there are too few refs, which leads too every ref ending up with an established and well known style (which is stupid and doesn't happen in any other sport) and the fact that rugby is full of borderline decisions mean that every ref is bound to **** off at least a few teams a season which leads to a series of bizzare personal vendettas (I have a load of them so I'm being a hypocrite here).

World Rugby seriously needs to look both at training refs and changing how the game is reffed on the field, maybe having multiple refs? Obvious arguments against that and there's definitely a better answer but the current system is dysfunctional.
You're gick mate... Get out.

jp doyle... i turn the game off when i see he's in the middle

his whistle tone is annoying and he looks like he doesn't even want to be there

Well that game was almost as big a blow to Munster as to the notion that Wayne Barnes is the best referee in the world. He bottled it worse than Carbery from the tee. It's great that he can be so finnicky about the specific minutia of the lineout and maul rules, but at the same time completely forget about the concept of an offside line. Shocking performance.

We didn't play well and happy to het a BP. Alpha is right it's not an easy place and well we left it behind. I don't blame Barnes 1 bit. Better team won overall

We didn't play well and happy to het a BP. Alpha is right it's not an easy place and well we left it behind. I don't blame Barnes 1 bit. Better team won overall

I've been a fan of Barnes this year, but I thought he was as bad as I've seen him today. Never had the game under his control and missed tons. Though it wasn't just him today, it was the collective performance of the officials. They had far too much of an impact on the game. It's hard to perform when the opposition's infringements in defense and at the breakdown aren't being penalized. The runner was ahead of the kicker at most restarts too. Simple stuff being missed repeatedly. It's frustrating as I'm guessing this is going to be the difference between a home quarter-final and an away quarter-final.

I'm happy the citing commissioner will have a look at Kockott's potential gouge anyway. It could be seen by all the fans watching in real time, but was somehow missed by all the refs.

I'm happy the citing commissioner will have a look at Kockott's potential gouge anyway.
Don't be so sure,
He gouged Ashton, and Ashton retaliated by throwing him arse over ***
Ashton got 7 weeks, kockott didn't get cited

Don't be so sure,
He gouged Ashton, and Ashton retaliated by throwing him arse over ***
Ashton got 7 weeks, kockott didn't get cited
We have it clear on video so I think he will get something.

@Hanley! Barnes missed a few things but it was a game with alot of off the ball ****le so that was expected. We lost through our faults. But we will benefit

We have it clear on video so I think he will get something.

@Hanley! Barnes missed a few things but it was a game with alot of off the ball ****le so that was expected. We lost through our faults. But we will benefit
The decision not to take a scrum or the 3 points just prior to ht was crucial. Poor game from carbery. Was he fit? Rushed back?? If jj or Keats were that poor the internet warriors would have had a field day.
Badly missed kleyn! We were going to have to get a win in either castres or Gloucester after the draw in Exeter. Makes it clear cut now tho

The decision not to take a scrum or the 3 points just prior to ht was crucial. Poor game from carbery. Was he fit? Rushed back?? If jj or Keats were that poor the internet warriors would have had a field day.
Badly missed kleyn! We were going to have to get a win in either castres or Gloucester after the draw in Exeter. Makes it clear cut now tho
Yes. Decision was a poor one. But equally we missed a kick for touch, a few other pens and our lineout was poor. Yes Joey was fit just had a poor game. Joey probably suffered from them making huge hit on him near start of game.
But overall it was summed up well. We were bullied over there and didn't fight back enough. We need 8 points from last 2 games now. Simple as that

We need 8 points from last 2 games now. Simple as that
Do you worry about Munster's away form? They've won just 2 from 7 on the road this season. Those wins were against Zebre and Cheetahs. It follows on from their poor away form last season too (5 wins from 15 on the road). I don't fancy Munster to get a result in Gloucester.

Latest posts