• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 3 (14/10/2018)

Found out yesterday that my rants about the weak team were actually not quite right, as I didn't quite realize how extensive the Blues' injury list is...

Currently stands at:

Ellis Jenkins, Ray Lee-Lo, Willis Halaholo, Dmitri Arhip, Owen Lane, Kristian Dacey, Tomos Williams, Josh Navidi, Jarrod Evans (all would likely be in the Blues' strongest XV), plus Matthew Rees, Rhun Williams, Jack Roberts, Lloyd Williams, Jason Harries & Harri Millard.

Not ideal to say the least! Naturally severely doubt we'd have got anything from the game even with a full strength side, but maybe wouldn't quite have conceded as many points.

Hats off to the Sarries fans though, been very gracious in victory!

A real strange one.

Saracens have been the more dominant side, but Cardiff lead. Maitlands defending on the 2nd wasn't something to write home about.

The blues need to be careful, their aggression has been top notch, but they need to make sure it doesn't cost them a sin bin or 2.

Edit1: definite sin bin for Skelton. However Garces needs to be consistent. Only 10mins prior the Blues were giving away pen after pen in the red zone and nothing.

Edit2: if that wasn't awarded, it surely would have been a penalty try...

Last edited:
Lyon have finally turned up.

How did they play so badly against Cardiff and Glasgow?

Sarries vs Glasgow is great to watch atm. Currently averaging a try every 4.5 mins

It's not fair the PRO14 get to rest their players and relegation and salary cap and..... oh wait.

WQbyiOA.png

Good argument. Funny how we heard nothing when English teams were dominating a few years ago. Suddenly you've lost a few with **** teams and there's already talk of altering the competition again. Talk about children.

My favourite new excuse it how the Irish can group all their talent in four teams, ignoring that England has 10 times the population of Ireland.

Good argument. Funny how we heard nothing when English teams were dominating a few years ago. Suddenly you've lost a few with **** teams and there's already talk of altering the competition again. Talk about children.

My favourite new excuse it how the Irish can group all their talent in four teams, ignoring that England has 10 times the population of Ireland.

Except we did, it just came from the Celts. It was non-stop whinging about how the English and French rigged the system, population size and salaries etc. The whole tournament was suddenly a massive failure. Things have flipped and now it's going the other way but damn after the amount of whinging the Celts did over the last few years, you're kinda due a bit back.

Latest posts