• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 4 (13/10/2018)

Size difference between the racing tighthead and Dan Cole is ludicrous
Someone needs to buy cole a case of pies for Christmas and remind him he's a prop not a backrow

No way has Clancy had a good game. Missing things all over. I have a bit of sympathy with Dan Cole for that yellow - but it's no coincidence he's also given away another 3 penalties and 2 of them for high tackles.

Clancy has been poor but Cole is a complete liability, he's never had a period where he wasn't a penalty machine.

PAHA blatant obstruction and Clancy lets it go.

Last edited:
Well not the best game to take my lads too given it was my 6 year olds first tigers match but we were 2nd best all over the park. Yes Clancy was crap but not as crap as tigers.

Racing openside had a stormer and should have been MOTM. Zebo can still shift despite the extra timber.

Yes Clancy was crap but not as crap as tigers.
This. You know what you're getting with George Clancy who is regularly a talking point rather than the players. He's not the reason Tigers lost by 23 points at home though. Every time a see Dan Cole play, he's good for a few penalties.

What's happened to this once great club?

I don't disagree about Tigers being crap.

But i'm sorry the level of reffing from mainly the Pro 14 refs has been shocking.
it's not just Clancy.

It's Owen, Lacey etc etc etc.

This. You know what you're getting with George Clancy who is regularly a talking point rather than the players. He's not the reason Tigers lost by 23 points at home though. Every time a see Dan Cole play, he's good for a few penalties.

What's happened to this once great club?

The board of directors is basically the problem.

Also entitlement Leicester fans who thing they are god's gift to rugby that created standards way too high.

The French refs get a lot of stick too on here and they're easily the best. Pro 14 reffing is desperate but so is criticising Clancy heavily for that game, like Barnes had a worse game in the South of France yesterday by a long way than what Clancy served up today, he missed a few things yeah but he got most of it right and didn't affect the game.

The French refs get a lot of stick too on here and they're easily the best. Pro 14 reffing is desperate but so is criticising Clancy heavily for that game, like Barnes had a worse game in the South of France yesterday by a long way than what Clancy served up today, he missed a few things yeah but he got most of it right and didn't affect the game.
Not sure why you are bringing Barnes into it.

Clancy was poor today but Racing were always going to beat Leicester. If it was a closer game some of the stuff he missed would have been more serious

Not sure why you are bringing Barnes into it.

Clancy was poor today but Racing were always going to beat Leicester. If it was a closer game some of the stuff he missed would have been more serious
It's just a comparison, one poster had a negative post about Barnes yesterday v four about Clancy in here. It was the same for the Bath v Leinster game last week too and in a lot of test matches and six nations games regardless of who is playing.

I know myself that I can go too far in threads during, and in the immediate aftermath of matches if I feel Ireland or Leinster are being hard done by so I generally let fans away with it if it's not excessive but fans of other sides are coming in to complain about refereeing too.

Part of it is definitely that the premiership is reffed far far differently, it's obvious to the point that prem games have a different aesthetic to them than pro 14 and top 14 games but the *****ing about officiating on this forum in the last 10 months or so is way over the top.

It's just a comparison, one poster had a negative post about Barnes yesterday v four about Clancy in here. It was the same for the Bath v Leinster game last week too and in a lot of test matches and six nations games regardless of who is playing.

I know myself that I can go too far in threads during, and in the immediate aftermath of matches if I feel Ireland or Leinster are being hard done by so I generally let fans away with it if it's not excessive but fans of other sides are coming in to complain about refereeing too.

Part of it is definitely that the premiership is reffed far far differently, it's obvious to the point that prem games have a different aesthetic to them than pro 14 and top 14 games but the *****ing about officiating on this forum in the last 10 months or so is way over the top.
Well there will be more because you have a lot of Leicester fans on here.

I think its because Clancy is Irish and the reason you compare him to Barnes is because he is English.

Clancy was crap today but its not because hes irish its because he was crap. You said earlier he was ok which makes me think your only saying that because hes irish when a blind man on a galloping horse could see he was crap.

Well there will be more because you have a lot of Leicester fans on here.

I think its because Clancy is Irish and the reason you compare him to Barnes is because he is English.

Clancy was crap today but its not because hes irish its because he was crap. You said earlier he was ok which makes me think your only saying that because hes irish when a blind man on a galloping horse could see he was crap.
Yeah, nice one cuz.

Yep, Clancy was Dire. But so were we, I was genuinely upset watching that.

Latest posts