• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 5 (13&14/10/2018)

I don't think it was a card, but the for the poor discipline it was coming.
Aye, if he'd have said it was for multiple infringements that's fair enough but he specifically he said that it was for a high tackle with initial contact on the neck, when the tmo clearly showed that wasn't what happened

Aye, if he'd have said it was for multiple infringements that's fair enough but he specifically he said that it was for a high tackle with initial contact on the neck, when the tmo clearly showed that wasn't what happened

Well the TMO has shown himself to know nothing this game. Just wants to be heard I think.

Assistant said offside, and the ref said he was alright with it.

I think this was the best game of tournament so far. Newcastle are great team to watch in Europe this year and to be fair Montpellier came to play

Watched the end of that game. Cracking finish by Newcastle. They must have gone thru 17 or 18 phases leading to their last try. They're a lighter but more dynamic pack than Montpellier.

Noticed there was a bit of this in the Falcons game when the TMO was taking ages

Was quite looking forward to this but they've wheeled out the Scottish international commentary and they're unbearable.
Doubt they could name more than three Falcons players between them, they've called Tom Arscott by three different names in 27mins.

Falcons having to field a 22man squad as they have so many injuries to tight head and the authorities wouldn't allow them to draft in injury cover.

Two looseheads starting, one more on the bench.

Nichols (sp?) was saying in the build up that Falcons are throwing this game by resting Wilson and having prop issues.
But then he rowed back on this after hearing how angry Deano was with the prop issues and definitely does not want to lose the game.
But immediately doubled back again and then suggested that Falcons might deliberately forget about the integrity of the game and plan to use uncontested scrums to their advantage.
His comments just feel quite sour.

He's a ****. Pure as.

Embarassing that he still gets employed to spew his nonsense on TV

I don't like Nicol's commentary at all but I thought he was quite fair about the prop situation. Said that he had sympathy for Newcastle and it wasn't their fault but there is undeniably a quicker route to uncontested scrums if the scrum was going badly enough to make it worth while. His comments were hardly unfair, especially when you remember Richards has shown a willingness to cheat to gain an advantage.

Last edited:
Was quite looking forward to this but they've wheeled out the Scottish international commentary and they're unbearable.
Doubt they could name more than three Falcons players between them, they've called Tom Arscott by three different names in 27mins.

Falcons having to field a 22man squad as they have so many injuries to tight head and the authorities wouldn't allow them to draft in injury cover.

Two looseheads starting, one more on the bench.
Deano also mentioned the rule that requires a match squad to have six front row. It would be a ridiculous penalty Falcons are penalised for breaking this rule, when EPCR have refused any allowance for Falcons to bring in prop cover which has forced Falcons to start with only five front row.

Deano also mentioned the rule that requires a match squad to have six front row. It would be a ridiculous penalty Falcons are penalised for breaking this rule, when EPCR have refused any allowance for Falcons to bring in prop cover which has forced Falcons to start with only five front row.
Whole thing is a farce,
RPA/World Rugby should get involved

Bill Mata is world class. Carrying, offloading and overall work rate. He has the lot.

Highly recommend checking out Bill Mata's offload against Toulon tonight. Absolutely off the charts.

I know there's not too much interest on here but a really good game in store between Edinburgh and Montpellier tonight. Stakes are high with an Edinburgh win enough to win the group and bag a home QF which would represent an outstanding achievement by Cockers and his squad. The by product of a win would see little brother Glasgow make the last eight too.

Duhan van der Mewe is my outside bet to tour with the Lions in 2021 once he nails his residence and becomes a Jock.

I think another ref could have given a yellow for recklessness for that high tackle.

Latest posts