• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round : Pool (12&13/10/2018)

i Thought Leinsters 2nd or 3rd choice team would smash any premiership team? Even terrible Bath lol
To be fair they said that leinster's 2nd or 3rd choice team would smash any Premiership's first team.
They never mentioned what Leinster's 1st choice would do to a depleted Prem side

Likebthe days of using the Pro14 as a poorer league are 100% not applicable.
**** me dead, you're still banging that strawman drum

What a waste. Good effort from Bath but week in week out in the prem you see players making poor decisions which are costing their team (I'm thinking of the intercept) How can teams hope to ever rival the beast like Leinster when the intelligence and decision making of players is just not up to scratch?

7pt win against a team in freefall is hardly the thrashing we were promised.
Maybe more teams should stop them bringing their branded hankies with them

The team in freefall we were promised didn't show up either. Bath played really well, they just didn't take their chances when they came their way.

I'll take an away win in Europe in terrible conditions any day, but I'd hope for more next week.

Good game. Credit to Louw and Underhill but the Leinster forwards need to have a look at themselves. Cleanout work was well below par and thats two games running the opposition wanted it more than they did.

Leavy is not an 8 and as much as i like Luke McGrath JGP deserves the jersey at the minute.

To be fair they said that leinster's 2nd or 3rd choice team would smash any Premiership's first team.
They never mentioned what Leinster's 1st choice would do to a depleted Prem side

**** me dead, you're still banging that strawman drum
To be fair. No more than English clubs still sulking about refs. As the saying goes "Fail To Prepare Then Prepare To Fail".
Leinster were **** poor tonight. But still won without really looking like loosing.
Bath can't blame a ref or any Leinster tactics. As they lost because they were not good enough. It just bugs me that English fans alot of time. (And I'm not saying all fans here or even any bit just in general) always come out with excuses.

On a lighter note. Should the game be replayed as I saw some Leinster flags in there. And the health hazards may have caused Bath players to fear for their safety.

No player should have to play under those threats

Taking that much pride in cheating... weird flex, but ok.
But there was absolutely no cheating.

Neil Back screwed Munster out of a Heineken Cup. Abd if Neil Back walked in to Thomond Park he'd be given a handshake from everyone. He is respected as he used experience and took a small gap to gain advantage.
No team is 100% angels.

As I said English caused havoc ruining last European Competition as top brass thpught they were more important and could make it bigger and better. They weren't better and corporately made a balls of it.

Leinster didn't cheat to win but if that is how it's viewed over in England then maybe as a league that is why it's clubs have declined a bit overall in Europe over past few years

"Oi mate, ave you got a loisence for that flag you ave there?"
Thank god Bath rugby managed to prevent potentially cataclysmic flag related destruction. The world has your thanks.

Bath fans after the game thanking their mighty leader for keeping them safe.

2ohsyo.jpg

The flags were a fire hazard apparently. Thank God Bath are protecting their players and fans from these dangers. You'd assume they'd also hold terrifying dangers like Paper and Matchday Programs to account as well.

Not sure what to make of that... didn't look intentional to me but his record kind of suggests otherwise

What a win for us at Lyon today. Just like last week we were up against a ref who was making wrong calls against us. Some of our play was as entertaining as ever.
Leinster did Bath a favour today, They were not at their best. Looking forward to tomorrows games. I am watching the ones at Sarries and Racing.

******** was it,
Its a borderline penalty and only because the Leinster player was falling. Legal hit that rode high through no fault of Joe's.
It's not like he hit him and kept going higher, he hit horizontally and the opposition player was falling.

Would have love to the player stay on his feet as that would could have been an epic legal tackle, borderline maybe but deffinatly a penatly. But glad no card.

Latest posts