• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round : Pool (12&13/10/2018)

I'm not sure Olly actually knows what constitutes a strawman argument.

Makes for a frustrating back and forth, he's either very dumb or very clever.
A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."
You're starting arguments vs made up provocation, that's a strawman.
Arguing against nothing/no one.

MM is arguing against people saying the Irish clubs are rested (no one is saying that)
You were doing the same yesterday.

MM is arguing against people saying the Irish clubs are rested (no one is saying that)
So I misread fair enough. At least you agree Irish don't have advantages.
My bad. I'm happy to be wrong and we agree

So no English club/fan/person has said it's unfair that while English clubs have had a tough season that Irish provinces have an advantage for managing their squad.

Fair enough. My bad must have misread. But glad to know I wrong

Lol I fail to see how u can't concede this to be a fact at least to some degree I wouldn't go as far as saying it is the only reason take last season for example Farrell had played 1200 odd minutes of rugby whilst sexton 400 odd, Sarries probably have the best squad rotation in the prem, it's also true that the prem has religation which also has an impact of resting players, again I am not saying this is the sole reason but you have to be pretty naive to think this isn't a contributing factor.

Will there even be a game? Ulster could be turned back at the border due to Brexit happening that weekend!

Well... sure we can have about half of our squad stay with their mammys and daddys for that week leading into it.

Should be a short drive for most of them to Lansdowne.

:oops::D:cool:

They could even have their mates down for sleepovers.

Lets face it England is like Ireland's bigger cooler brother.

England is handsome, we win stuff that matters and we get all good looking supporters (Bar Gloucester ones).
Ireland looks up to us, they want to be us.
We never had anyone to look up to, we did it all ourselves.

Now England is ageing our knees are not what they used to be, and Ireland is hitting their prime, soon our we will have the younger gen to carry the torch for English rugby but for now we will have to deal with the chirpy little bro winning a couple of most improved player of the year awards and getting all big for their boots despite ******** themselves whenever the phase Rugby world cup quarter finals are mentioned.

Lol I fail to see how u can't concede this to be a fact at least to some degree I wouldn't go as far as saying it is the only reason take last season for example Farrell had played 1200 odd minutes of rugby whilst sexton 400 odd, Sarries probably have the best squad rotation in the prem, it's also true that the prem has religation which also has an impact of resting players, again I am not saying this is the sole reason but you have to be pretty naive to think this isn't a contributing factor.
I would put it down to good squad management. Leinster have developed lads on half the wages. Byrne for example is on about €70k max and is an international standard 10.
I don't buy relegation bit as none of provinces ever battle that and in England only have 2 or 3 constantly yoyo up and down.

Now can I ask Olyy just said nobody believes in that and I misread stuff during week.

I believe it is more IRFU don't throw money aroundas much and manage squad much more effective

In what world is that rambo meme not a counter argument, I mean come on what world are we living in.

Lets face it England is like Ireland's bigger cooler brother.

England is handsome, we win stuff that matters and we get all good looking supporters (Bar Gloucester ones).
Ireland looks up to us, they want to be us.
We never had anyone to look up to, we did it all ourselves.

Now England is ageing our knees are not what they used to be, and Ireland is hitting their prime, soon our we will have the younger gen to carry the torch for English rugby but for now we will have to deal with the chirpy little bro winning a couple of most improved player of the year awards and getting all big for their boots despite ******** themselves whenever the phase Rugby world cup quarter finals are mentioned.

Good looking and Leicester????
Have you had a HIA

In what world is that rambo meme not a counter argument, I mean come on what world are we living in.
I just wanted to know what you were on about, and when you started arguing about something no one had said (and for some reason at me) it was just a very "Cool story bro" moment

Good looking and Leicester????
Have you had a HIA

I support Leicester so that cancels out the 15,000 toothless oldies, who don't like it if you celebrate a try in front of them.

Also Munster pip down.
peter-stringer-celebrates-at-the-final-whistle-2052006-3-390x285.jpg
latest

Which one is Stringer again?
At least the goblin has hair I guess....... ;)

I would put it down to good squad management. Leinster have developed lads on half the wages. Byrne for example is on about €70k max and is an international standard 10.
I don't buy relegation bit as none of provinces ever battle that and in England only have 2 or 3 constantly yoyo up and down.

Now can I ask Olyy just said nobody believes in that and I misread stuff during week.

I believe it is more IRFU don't throw money aroundas much and manage squad much more effective

I don't disagree that the IRFU run a tighter ship, is this the sole reason? I would say yet another contributing factor.

I wouldn't say it's the same clubs all the time Exeter came from nowhere to being top of the premiership.

I support Leicester so that cancels out the 15,000 toothless oldies, who don't like it if you celebrate a try in front of them.

Also Munster pip down.
peter-stringer-celebrates-at-the-final-whistle-2052006-3-390x285.jpg
latest

Which one is Stringer again?
At least the goblin has hair I guess....... ;)
We have plenty fine looking ladies.

Noel Reid is going over there to plough as many lads on the field and as many women off it.

Then and only then in 18years we cam revisit the looks

I don't disagree that the IRFU run a tighter ship, is this the sole reason? I would say yet another contributing factor.

I wouldn't say it's the same clubs all the time Exeter came from nowhere to being top of the premiership.
And Exeter should've won yesterday. They are run well. But still main reason I would suggest is in Ireland everyone sings off same hymn sheet. There's no Club v Country or lads with agendas

Latest posts