• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round : Pool (12&13/10/2018)

He called that early, was still a few seconds on the clock. Can see why the Bath players are angry.

Feel for Burns, as funny as it was. He's spoken about dealing with with the mental aspect of being a pro sports player, and having to deal with online hate. This won't be an easy few weeks for him.

Bath shouldn't have lost that match. Clear red card for the headbutt, Burns missing the kick in front was bad enough before what he did.

The ref calling it at the end when time wasn't dead too. Ruined my accy but I'm not bitter :)

He called that early, was still a few seconds on the clock. Can see why the Bath players are angry.

Feel for Burns, as funny as it was. He's spoken about dealing with with the mental aspect of being a pro sports man, and having to deal with online hate. This won't be an easy few weeks for him.

Feel for Burns a lot during his career.
Had his confidence destroyed by gloucester in his very last year, Picked up at Tigers only to be traded like a piece of meat for Ford, followed by being harassed by a Twitter troll big style and now this.

Local level the **** taking will be long but I couldn't imagine what it would be like with thousands watching you. (And the first European rugby game on freebies tv).

Last edited:
How bad must the challenge cup matches be?

Hard to see either of these teams competing with Leinster?

Well, there might be one or two talking points after that one.

Bath did some good, a lot of bad. Burns will no doubt be given a tonne of abuse online for that. Once Roberts went off injured, Bath weren't making the metres in attack as easily.

Where was Cokansiga (sp?)?

The officiating was poor at best.

Bath boards etc are REALLY laying into Freddie, wanting his contract ripped up etc.
Poor guy.
New sports pysch has her work cut out for her tomorrow

I can understand the difficulty of professional sport but when you are talking about the sort of idiocy that even children can be taught to not do then there is just no excuse.

Having said that, we blatantly had a throw in at the end and the ref arbitrarily ended the game early too. Also the yellow should have been a red, collision using the shoulder with the head and with force.

Jesus that was unbelievable. Worst individual 3 minutes in the history of rugby?! Sport even?!?! I'd love to see a worse example...

Weird hame from a Bath perspective, the good and the bad, running out of steam at the end to some degree but picking up again only to do THAT. Also some frustrating refereeing calls, but Kaino was hard done by so no complaints.

I'm not really sure what to make of our performance overall, except that we still do not look like creating space for line breaks. Partly because we have the blandest attacking strategy in the game, also IMO because Priestland is a poor distributing/playmaking 10

Bath boards etc are REALLY laying into Freddie, wanting his contract ripped up etc.

That's just ridiculous.

That said.....yes I feel for him and yes it was a thousand to one event. But equally it was totally crass and unprofessional on his part. Little point saying he's learnt and won't do it again, it cost his side the win and we'll have to wait a few weeks to see the true impact of that. In professional sport one bad result can affect livelihoods.

Just watched the highlights. I have little sympathy for Burns. In a Champions Cup game when you are 22-20 down and have just missed a kick a in front of the post, you put that ball down asap. He paid the price for his arrogance and only has himself to blame. Yes other players have got away with similar over the years, but that doesn't excuse what he did or imo make him deserving of any sympathy.

Just watched the highlights. I have little sympathy for Burns. In a Champions Cup game when you are 22-20 down and have just missed a kick a in front of the post, you put that ball down asap. He paid the price for his arrogance and only has himself to blame. Yes other players have got away with similar over the years, but that doesn't excuse what he did or imo make him deserving of any sympathy.

It puts my favourite rugby quote, courtesy of Paul O'Connell - "Let's be the best at the things that require no talent." All you have to do it not be a dick and your team win the game, but despite it requiring no talent, he couldn't manage it. Very hard to sympathise.

On a slight tangent, does anyone remember Christophe Dominici dropping the ball over the line for France a few years back? I can't find it on YouTube, but I'm sure I didn't dream it!

It puts my favourite rugby quote, courtesy of Paul O'Connell - "Let's be the best at the things that require no talent." All you have to do it not be a dick and your team win the game, but despite it requiring no talent, he couldn't manage it. Very hard to sympathise.

On a slight tangent, does anyone remember Christophe Dominici dropping the ball over the line for France a few years back? I can't find it on YouTube, but I'm sure I didn't dream it!
I've looked for that clip a few times. Think it was after an intercept v Italy? Can't find anything.

Latest posts