• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round : Pool (12&13/10/2018)

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Leinster Rugby v Wasps
1945, RDS, BT Sport

Bath Rugby v Toulouse
1300, Recreation Ground, Channel 4, Virgin Media, BT Sport, BEIN Sport​

Messed up the ***le a wee bit there in my excitement, if a mod whose job i robbed could kindly change it I'd be mad grateful. My 1st game in the RDS this season, and I can't wait! A ceremonial Heino followed by a rake of Guinness will be had so I can watch the game again for the first time on Saturday morning! I expect a BP win for Ster in all honesty, while a massively pivotal game in Bath will hopefully go the way of my adopted French team!

Leinster Rugby

15. Rob Kearney
14. Jordan Larmour
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. James Lowe
10. Johnny Sexton CAPTAIN
9. Luke McGrath
1. Cian Healy
2. Seán Cronin
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Devin Toner
5. James Ryan
6. Dan Leavy
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Jack Conan

16. James Tracy
17. Jack McGrath
18. Andrew Porter
19. Scott Fardy
20. Seán O'Brien
21. Nick McCarthy
22. Ross Byrne
23. Joe Tomane

Jesus Christ, the forwards on that bench.

Leinster Rugby

15. Rob Kearney
14. Jordan Larmour
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. James Lowe
9. Luke McGrath
1. Cian Healy
2. Seán Cronin
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Devin Toner
5. James Ryan
6. Dan Leavy
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Jack Conan

16. James Tracy
17. Jack McGrath
18. Andrew Porter
19. Scott Fardy
20. Seán O'Brien
21. Nick McCarthy
22. Ross Byrne
23. Joe Tomane

What do you think of Leavy and Van Der Flier together? I think it could go very well against wasps with Ruddock back in for a big Toulouse pack

What do you think of Leavy and Van Der Flier together? I think it could go very well against wasps with Ruddock back in for a big Toulouse pack
I like it, Leavy is never quite as effective at 6 but usually that's due to being asked to carry more, Healy, Cronin, Furlong, Ryan and Conan will all have that covered so it could be dangerous. I'd expect Fardy to start next week anyway, wouldn't be surprised to see Ruddock in the 23.

Leinster Rugby

15. Rob Kearney
14. Jordan Larmour
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. James Lowe
9. Luke McGrath
1. Cian Healy
2. Seán Cronin
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Devin Toner
5. James Ryan
6. Dan Leavy
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Jack Conan

16. James Tracy
17. Jack McGrath
18. Andrew Porter
19. Scott Fardy
20. Seán O'Brien
21. Nick McCarthy
22. Ross Byrne
23. Joe Tomane

How close is that to an Ireland test side?

Wasps team
15 Willie Le Roux
14 Josh Bassett
13 Juan de Jongh
12 Michael Le Bourgeois
11 Elliot Daly (C)
10 Lima Sopoaga
9 Joe Simpson
1 Zurabi Zhvania
2 Tommy Taylor
3 Kieran Brookes
4 Will Rowlands
5 James Gaskell
6 Brad Shields
7 Thomas Young
8 Nizaam Carr

Replacements
16 Tom Cruse
17 Ben Harris
18 Will Stuart
19 Kearnan Myall
20 Ashley Johnson
21 Craig Hampson
22 Billy Searle
23 Rob Miller

Bench is mix of experience.
Missing Robson (3 months out with ankle injury) is probably the biggest concern.
Wade is ill, so Daly moves to wing and Le Booj into the centres.
Hughes is suspended until outcome of hearing is yet to be determined. Not sure why the hearing was adjourned as no real explanation given. But assuming Shields is straight up to speed, then that back row is certainly not a bad option at all.

How close is that to an Ireland test side?

Wasps team
15 Willie Le Roux
14 Josh Bassett
13 Juan de Jongh
12 Michael Le Bourgeois
11 Elliot Daly (C)
10 Lima Sopoaga
9 Joe Simpson
1 Zurabi Zhvania
2 Tommy Taylor
3 Kieran Brookes
4 Will Rowlands
5 James Gaskell
6 Brad Shields
7 Thomas Young
8 Nizaam Carr

Replacements
16 Tom Cruse
17 Ben Harris
18 Will Stuart
19 Kearnan Myall
20 Ashley Johnson
21 Craig Hampson
22 Billy Searle
23 Rob Miller

Bench is mix of experience.
Missing Robson (3 months out with ankle injury) is probably the biggest concern.
Wade is ill, so Daly moves to wing and Le Booj into the centres.
Hughes is suspended until outcome of hearing is yet to be determined. Not sure why the hearing was adjourned as no real explanation given. But assuming Shields is straight up to speed, then that back row is certainly not a bad option at all.
8 starters and 18 capped. Of those not capped by Ireland Fardy and Tomane are Australian internationals, Byrne has been part of Ireland squads and will likely be capped in November, and Lowe is arguably the best wing in European club rugby and McCarthy is the outlier! It's as strong a 23 as we've ever named in my opinion.

I like it, Leavy is never quite as effective at 6 but usually that's due to being asked to carry more, Healy, Cronin, Furlong, Ryan and Conan will all have that covered so it could be dangerous. I'd expect Fardy to start next week anyway, wouldn't be surprised to see Ruddock in the 23.
I'd agree on leavy, although his offloading when carrying is usually so effective

Leinster Rugby

15. Rob Kearney
14. Jordan Larmour
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. James Lowe
9. Luke McGrath
1. Cian Healy
2. Seán Cronin
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Devin Toner
5. James Ryan
6. Dan Leavy
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Jack Conan

16. James Tracy
17. Jack McGrath
18. Andrew Porter
19. Scott Fardy
20. Seán O'Brien
21. Nick McCarthy
22. Ross Byrne
23. Joe Tomane

Holy ****. That bench has has two test lions and two world cup finalists. Andrew Porter will probably end up on a Lions tour as well.

Please don't make us talk about Bath v Toulouse.
DON'T WANNA

Leavy out.

They've trawled the pubs around ballsbridge and found some guy Rhys Ruddock to play instead. Wonder if he's up to much....

And it's started, Leinster try.

Although Poite showing the keen eye of making it up at the scrum again.

Poite's whistle tone is annoying. Blowing likes he's about to give yellow card when the ball goes into touch.

After the break, Henshaw did a great job of making sure that try wasn't scored. Had two guys outside him not being marked, that should have been a certain try.

The officials have no idea what they are doing at the line out.

Neither Hooker seems settled with the officials.

Poite is wrong there. That was a forward pass from Cronin.

Does a penalty call supersede a scrum call though? Not sure exactly how that would work in this situation.

I thought at first he was genuinely going for the ball, but it looked bad on the replay. If it was a deliberate knock on it was a stupid one. It's going to cost them.

Leinster should probably be further ahead than they are, even with the try scored just before half time. They've looked comfortable throughout, but they've left a lot of points out on the field already. Considering how the game is going, I'd be disappointed with anything less than a bonus point victory for them at this point.

Does a penalty call supersede a scrum call though? Not sure exactly how that would work in this situation.

I thought at first he was genuinely going for the ball, but it looked bad on the replay. If it was a deliberate knock on it was a stupid one. It's going to cost them.

Leinster should probably be further ahead than they are, even with the try scored just before half time. They've looked comfortable throughout, but they've left a lot of points out on the field already. Considering how the game is going, I'd be disappointed with anything less than a bonus point victory for them at this point.

Players will then just intentionally toss it forward to tempt players into putting a hand out. If Lowe hadn't of over run, and Cronin had passed backwards, the Wasps 10 wouldn't have been close enough.

Don't get me wrong, Leinster deserve to be leading. But they haven't scored the points, other than the first try which the commentators say is questionable although I don't think it's conclusive that Cronin was in front of the ball.

The 2nd one should have never happened, as it should have been a scrum with a Leinster put in.

The only way I see if a penalty is taken over an initial free kick is when there is serious foul play.

Latest posts