• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round : Pool (12&13/10/2018)

I just wanted to know what you were on about, and when you started arguing about something no one had said (and for some reason at me) it was just a very "Cool story bro" moment

I wasn't attacking you I said SOME English fans. Implying not ALL English fans and then you hit me with that meme, that terrible, terrible meme. Thems fighting memes.

Fair, I've heard Noel Reid has already impregnated 8 Leicester women just because of the raw sexuality that wafted off the contract he [may have] signed.

Those Oats are more than royal

as Long as Cullen Genes are not in them....
899ff288-a4cd-4d87-952b-0f20e3f6af8b.jpg

WE are comparing the no one cares 14 to the premiership.
In fairness the Pro14 producing more class on the bigger stage.
2 Scots and 3 Irish. Not bad. A poor Munster amd iffy Leinster breeze through groups with 2 English teams each.

#Bring back all Italian teams for a test

Undou
In fairness the Pro14 producing more class on the bigger stage.
2 Scots and 3 Irish. Not bad. A poor Munster amd iffy Leinster breeze through groups with 2 English teams each.

#Bring back all Italian teams for a test
a small amount of truth, it is fair to say the better team doesn't always come out on top and I think in the case on Munster Exeter this was the case, if they went through and Munster didn't it would be 2, 2, 2 which puts a slightly better complexion on it from an England perspective.

Lol I fail to see how u can't concede this to be a fact at least to some degree I wouldn't go as far as saying it is the only reason take last season for example Farrell had played 1200 odd minutes of rugby whilst sexton 400 odd, Sarries probably have the best squad rotation in the prem, it's also true that the prem has religation which also has an impact of resting players, again I am not saying this is the sole reason but you have to be pretty naive to think this isn't a contributing factor.
Maybe it's up to Premiership clubs to change their selection policies? Leinster rotating isn't a negative, it's smart use of resources. The sooner Premiership clubs recognize this and stop making excuses, the better equipped they'll be to compete. Dai Young amongst others should take note.

I can remember 10-15 years ago when Munster lost to Wasps and Toulouse in European semi finals. The English and French teams had far stronger squads, bringing high class players off the bench to close out those games. Munster built their squad as a result to compete. The same happened Leinster in 2010. Toulouse had far greater strength in depth. Leinster went about increasing their strength in depth as a result. It's incumbent upon Premiership clubs to do the same. You do so by building from within and rotating your squad, not splashing out, say, £500000 per year on a loosehead.

Undou

a small amount of truth, it is fair to say the better team doesn't always come out on top and I think in the case on Munster Exeter this was the case, if they went through and Munster didn't it would be 2, 2, 2 which puts a slightly better complexion on it from an England perspective.
True but as we were once told if my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. It's a results business.
Exeter could've won yesterday. But didn't and another spin could be poor decision making from being in Premiership may have been cause. But again thats a what if

not splashing out, say, £500000 per year on a loosehead.
Just @ me next time.

I don't see anything wrong in spending 500k on the best loosehead in the world.
POM is on 450k, Sexton is on 650k
Players in Ireland don't just play for the love of their region.

Plus this is actually us increasing depth seeing as we only have one senior loosehead we use.

Maybe it's up to Premiership clubs to change their selection policies? Leinster rotating isn't a negative, it's smart use of resources. The sooner Premiership clubs recognize this and stop making excuses, the better equipped they'll be to compete. Dai Young amongst others should take note.

I can remember 10-15 years ago when Munster lost to Wasps and Toulouse in European semi finals. The English and French teams had far stronger squads, bringing high class players off the bench to close out those games. Munster built their squad as a result to compete. The same happened Leinster in 2010. Toulouse had far greater strength in depth. Leinster went about increasing their strength in depth as a result. It's incumbent upon Premiership clubs to do the same. You do so by building from within and rotating your squad, not splashing out, say, £500000 per year on a loosehead.
To add to this look at this look at the way the rotation is served. Sexton (A World Player of the year) is out and the system means it's not a huge issue. Yes a loss but not a massive disruption.

Just @ me next time.

Players in Ireland don't just play for the love of their region
Yes but difference is an English international may be on £400k at club and another top up too for England. Irish biys are on a wage and no top up unless bonuses like rest of world.
IRFU wage bill is lower than lowest 4 Premieeship clubs wage bills. That is fact.

And I'd argue that while they don't justvplay for the loyalty or love they do have ot as the can get much bigger contracts abroad eg Zebo but most stay.
A lad like an Andrew Conway or Devin Toner who would be on modest wages like €150k-€200k max could easily get at least double that abroad but wouldn't leave.

Just @ me next time.

Plus this is actually us increasing depth seeing as we only have one senior loosehead we use.

650K for Sexton.

Lol
Whats that 100K per game.

Just @ me next time.

Could have kept Mike Haley, Will Addison and signed a quality loosehead for that money.

the difference is England have 13 top flight clubs that stretch the resources and Ireland has 4.

If England had what 6 clubs we would dominate everything.

Latest posts