• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Jamal Ford Robinson and Mitch Eadie signs for Saints.

Alright signings BUT not 100% sold on either of them really.

JFR might be alright in a year or two... are they moving him to LH as a replacement for Waller? I would have thought Saints would want to start bringing through Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi.

If he's there as a TH, does that mean they expect to lose Hill?

Yep - just remembered.

I'll be interested to see how he does - always seemed too small for a prop to me... built more like a hooker.

Do you reckon Hill should look to move?

Just a big shame it gone downhill for him lately, Saints just don't seem to be able to balance him some game time.

There was a rumour a few weeks ago that he was off to Sale. No idea of the source/what it was based on.

Wouldn't be a bad idea IMO, assuming their other signings plug the gaps they have.

Cant understand whats happened to Hill.

I think its more to do with Saints than the player.

Sale have a ridiculous amount of talent coming through...The Curry's, Nield, Haley, etc etc Hill would be some acquisition for them.

What do you mean what's happened?

Nothing's happened?!

He's 21 and already played 32 times for Saints, and 5 times for England. Scott Wilson on the other hand..... :(

Last edited:

Nothing's happened?!

He's 21 and already played 32 times for Saints, and 5 times for England. Scott Wilson on the other hand..... :(

i mean he went from an England player to being lucky to get 10 mins for saints. Not like Brookes has been tearing up trees.

Nothing's happened?!

Scott Wilson?

The lad has been literally plagued with injuries since he came on the scene. Becoming a concern actually. The odd game he does play he is an absolute monster. We just need to get him fit and playing regularly!

i mean he went from an England player to being lucky to get 10 mins for saints. Not like Brookes has been tearing up trees.

I'll repeat - he's 21 and he's played for England 5 times and Saints 32 times, in a position that traditionally wouldn't get capped until their mid-late 20's.

- - - Updated - - -

The lad has been literally plagued with injuries since he came on the scene. Becoming a concern actually. The odd game he does play he is an absolute monster. We just need to get him fit and playing regularly!

Exactly.

Hope Eadie is view purely as a Number 8.

My worry is saints might view him as a 6 with Wood and Gibson covering 7, and I really want Ludlam to get a proper go at some senior game time.

I'll repeat - he's 21 and he's played for England 5 times and Saints 32 times, in a position that traditionally wouldn't get capped until their mid-late 20's.

Yeo, no problems whatsoever with a young prop being given the chance to actually mature, rather than being thrown in at the deep end; doing too much too young, and having to retire just as he should be reaching his prime.
Always a good chance to link into this thread http://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/36973-How-much-1st-class-rugby-should-young-props-hookers-play; the examples used may be a little out of date now, as I first put it together 4 years ago.

Last year, as a 20 year old, he racked up 1300 minutes of rugby; this year, aged 21, he's already racked up 750 minutes, a little over half way through the season.
IMO front rowers should not play more than about 600 minutes per season before turning 23.

Jamal Ford Robinson and Mitch Eadie signs for Saints.

Alright signings BUT not 100% sold on either of them really.

Disappointed to see them leave Bristol though really can't blame them for seeking Premiership rugby thats nailed on next year though it sounds a bit defeatist.

In Eadie they get a dynamic player in the back row, quicker than you think though isn't the strongest, will put the work in during the game. JFR is a raw talent, better in the loose than he is in the scrum, not that he's bad there, a bit of coaching there and he'll improve. Seems a charachter aswell s should fit in well with the fans.

On the LH we do already have Waller and Ma'afu so I'm a bit confused by this signing. Also another back row where we already have quite a bit? A lock would go down better (unless David Ribbans, the young Englishman from SA plays out well)

On the LH we do already have Waller and Ma'afu so I'm a bit confused by this signing. Also another back row where we already have quite a bit? A lock would go down better (unless David Ribbans, the young Englishman from SA plays out well)

Just to add to the confusion, he can hook too! He's physically gifted, but not freakishly so in AP front row terms, so I don't mean the possible hooker conversion seriously. AFAIK he has played most of his senior rugby at 1, but has been 3 for Bristol recently. Build wise, he looks much more like a classic TH to me.

Latest posts