• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

But equally Snoop. All very good players who could excel. I was disappointed we never kept Angus as I rated him.
I don't wish the denegrate the players in question but they're all squad players for Connacht rather than starters. Fitzgerald will be behind Tierman O'Halloran and Darragh Leader, Daly will be behind Tom Farrell, Bundee Aki , Craig Ronaldson and Kyle Godwin while Lloyd will be behind Caolin Blade and Kieran Marmion (once fit). Connacht need depth so they'll be useful signings for the remainder of the season but I doubt any will ever be first choice for any province here. They're Gallagher Premiership standard and no more.

I don't wish the denegrate the players in question but they're all squad players for Connacht rather than starters. Fitzgerald will be behind Tierman O'Halloran and Darragh Leader, Daly will be behind Tom Farrell, Bundee Aki , Craig Ronaldson and Kyle Godwin while Lloyd will be behind Caolin Blade and Kieran Marmion (once fit). Connacht need depth so they'll be useful signings for the remainder of the season but I doubt any will ever be first choice for any province here. They're Gallagher Premiership standard and no more.
True but that is all they are meant to be is squad depth

Josh Beaumont has joined Ben Curry (and Ross, as above) in signing a long term extension at Sale :D

Josh Beaumont has joined Ben Curry (and Ross, as above) in signing a long term extension at Sale :D

So 3/10-12 have been announced.
I imagine a FdK 5 year contract will be announced soon most likely.

Don't get it personally when you see Sale being linked with Dan du Preez, Jean Luc, and Pieter Steph du Toit.

So 3/10-12 have been announced.
I imagine a FdK 5 year contract will be announced soon most likely.

Don't get it personally when you see Sale being linked with Dan du Preez, Jean Luc, and Pieter Steph du Toit.
There's been rumours of us chasing PSdT, As a lock, for a while.
I can't see him a) coming to us, b) committing to being a lock full time.

We do need a lock, though, with Ostrikov confirmed off. Bryn Evans and Josh Strauss both out of contract this year too.

FdK signs an extension for Sale.

Olyy Currently
giphy.gif

Wish him all the best at Gloucester, where he can link back up with Rohan Janse Van Rensburg......oh no, wait, he's signed a 4 year contract extension with us instead :D

Wish him all the best at Gloucester, where he can link back up with Rohan Janse Van Rensburg......oh no, wait, he's signed a 4 year contract extension with us instead :D

BuT wHy WOUld hE TUrN dOwN gLOUceSTer?

I find it funny how Gloucester fans still think the only reason RJVR didn't go to Glous was because they signed Cips.....

TFFT: https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/other-sport/scrum-half-darren-allinson-leaves-2383309

Darren Allinson leaves Bath with immediate effect. Should have have been offered a contract in the first place, let alone a 2 year one.

Article also confirms that Fotuali'i and Cook are both out of contract this summer (had been some confusion on Kahn's).
So next year's SH situation looks like Chudley and Green; with persistent Ru!ours that were looking for a marquee SH. Expect Cook to be offered a 3rd/4th choice level contract, and for him to reject that

TFFT: https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/other-sport/scrum-half-darren-allinson-leaves-2383309

Darren Allinson leaves Bath with immediate effect. Should have have been offered a contract in the first place, let alone a 2 year one.

Article also confirms that Fotuali'i and Cook are both out of contract this summer (had been some confusion on Kahn's).
So next year's SH situation looks like Chudley and Green; with persistent Ru!ours that were looking for a marquee SH. Expect Cook to be offered a 3rd/4th choice level contract, and for him to reject that
Heard that your starting SH next year will be Welsh, assuming Gareth Davies but not ruling out Webb if he still wants out of France, just a rumour regarding Gareth Davies but a credible one....

I'd heard that too.
Also heard that Gareth Davies and Jonathan Davies are going to the same club (for which Bath makes sense if we're losing JJ).
Despite Welshmen at 8, 9, 12 and 13, expect to lose Rhys Priestland.

Losing Paz, Perenise, Attwood, Charteris, Fotuali'i, Priestland and Joseph will free up a shed load of salary cap to make some meaningful changes, probably about £2M in that little lot.

Last edited:
Where's JJ going?
As far as I'm aware, the rumours are that he's off, not for where he'd go to (though Bristol have been mentioned in despatches - I dunno if that's serious, opportunistic, or agent-******). Currently on £350k, offered £300k, which has been rejected
Doubt it will be 2 million, reckon £1.5 Million absolute max.
Really?
Paz is Bath's best paid player (£450k has been mentioned, but I don't know accuracy), JJ is supposedly on £350, whilst Priestland gets £300k.

So Paz, JJ and Priestland make £1.1M between them, you really think that Attwood, Charteris, Perenise and Fotuali'i would be averaging £100k each?
With 3 of them being current internationals at the time of their last contract signing; one being overpaid I'm order to fix our defunct lineout, one being a THP and one being the best SH in the prem at the time of signing.

No, Paz, Priestland, Charteris and Fotuali'i are not worth what they're being paid, but they're still being paid it. Probably all 4 of them in the £200-£250k range

Last edited:
No way is Paz on 450k.
JJ is on 300k also.

I didn't see Charteris name some reason blanked him and forgot he was playing for you.

Latest posts