• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

No way is Paz on 450k.
JJ is on 300k also.

I didn't see Charteris name some reason blanked him and forgot he was playing for you.
As I said - I don't know how firm that figure for Paz in; but it is pretty well known that he's Bath's best paid player.
£300k is what we've offered JJ, adn it's a pay cut, supposedly a £50k cut.
Lucas Noguera Paz very highly rated 40+ capped Argentine LHP; was a real coup when he came over.
Since arriving, he's done the square root of F*** all

Jono Ross has signed on until 2022 at Sale,

He's a pretty understated player but I'm a huge fan.
Reminds me a lot of a prime Chris Robshaw, but with a bit more bite - nothing flashy but an insane work rate and great club level leader.

Apparently we've got another 10 signings/re-signings to announce over the next month.
Strong rumours Rob du Preez is signing full time.
Faf is signing a long term extension.
Advanced talks with with Jean-luc Du Preez to replace Josh Strauss.
Loosehead, hooker and lock to come in from SA (possible Lions? Apparently Faf is basically our SA scout, and he's the one who masterminded the Rohan signing, and also the RdP loan)

Ok so firstly, Rumours in the rumours page please.

Secondly i feel betrayed by you earlier post. I said eairlier "My biggest fear with this though and it would probably set the tone going forward with the Sharks, is if he signs a permanent contract afterwards. Rohan Janse van Rensburg also firstly signed on for a loan and eventually ended up there, so i wonder if once they get there they get showered with love, money and the agents bragging about superior facilities then they want to go there. If this is the case then our clubs should be more careful with allowing players out on loan in the first place. "

You replied with this:

I think it's a different situation - RdP is covering for our clear first choice who is out injured. Rohan came in when we had no clear first choice centre, and from day one he was a permanent contract target, but he didn't want to cut out on his SR contract (if rumours are to believed he agreed to a long term deal when he signed for us on loan, but it couldn't be announced until his SR commitments were done).

Of course there is always the possibility that we will heavily target RdP, especially if he performs really well, but we recently signed AJ to a very long term contract and we have Kieran Wilkinson pushing from the academy and really impressing, so 10 isn't a major concern right now.

However i still feel very comfortable in our ability to hang on to Rob, Jean luc and Dan du Preez. If it was any other player from the SH Sharks i might have worried more but their dad is the coach so i do expect them to show loyalty to the project they are building there. If the dad gets fired as hour head coach then its another story but for the time being everyone is happy with where things are going at the moment as we will push for a Super rugby ***le this year.

Then additionally i just want to mention that Pieter Steph du Toit IS a full time lock. He is not a flanker. At Super rugby level you will see him play flanker all the time. He is just being used at flank for the Springboks for tactical reasons.

Now this situation where some of our players goes on loan there in the off season could be fruitfull for both clubs, but if they poach the players while on loan then future deals like this will be out of the question as there could be no trust between the club and franchise.

I spoke to Dan du Preez a few days back in my local Supermarket. He was set to join Exeter Chiefs on loan. He and the club then canceled this loan agreement almost at the last minute, instead he went on to train with his teamates in a pre-pre season training program for the Sharks.

I spoke to Dan du Preez a few days back in my local Supermarket. He was set to join Exeter Chiefs on loan. He and the club then canceled this loan agreement almost at the last minute, instead he went on to train with his teamates in a pre-pre season training program for the Sharks.
Next time you see him ask him if he likes Manchester:D

I honestly didn't think they'd be in line for long term deals - Maybe they saw Faf go from Bok squad player to first name on the sheet and nominated for player of the year, after joining us, and want a taste :p

Cordero to Bordeaux confirmed. Disappointed he's leaving chiefs as he had been the one spark in the back line. I guess they're getting to the point where they have to make tough decisions on where to spend the money.

Cordero to Bordeaux confirmed. Disappointed he's leaving chiefs as he had been the one spark in the back line. I guess they're getting to the point where they have to make tough decisions on where to spend the money.
Cordero was essentially confirmed as leaving chiefs when they signed Hogg

Cheifs will regret not giving Cordero another contract IMO.

Despite what the Chiefs fans are saying, Exeter did not offer him a contract and Corder wanted to stay in Exeter.

Cheifs will regret not giving Cordero another contract IMO.

Despite what the Chiefs fans are saying, Exeter did not offer him a contract and Corder wanted to stay in Exeter.
Makes no sense. Would have happily lost any 2 of our wingers bar Nowell to keep him. Gutted that we'll never see Cordero, Nowell and Hogg in the same back three.

Makes no sense. Would have happily lost any 2 of our wingers bar Nowell to keep him. Gutted that we'll never see Cordero, Nowell and Hogg in the same back three.
Makes no sense at all your right, he is playing very well this season. And that back 3 is the dream. But also nowell potentially for england and hogg to scotland for many weeks but cordero would be there all season.

Connacht have confirmed that Cian Kelleher is leaving them and signing for Leinster.
I get itbin 1 sense but alot of Leinster people seem to be disappointed at this. As they say he isn't a better back up action than whats there. I guess he will be experience head at Pro14 level for when there is RWC window. Can't see him being a starter or near there but solid squad player to have.

I've always rated kelleher quite highly and I suppose from his point of view there will be a good few outgoings in his position in Leinster and with his injury profile and age he's at a stage where he wants to back himself at Irelands best team. That said he didn't achieve what he set out to in connacht and despite clear ability his move probably stalled his career if not set it back a few years. I think he'll get decent game time, but I think another full season at Connacht may have done him well.

I'm happy with the signing and applaud any player who backs his ability to succeed at a higher level. Given the age profile and contract situation of a few of the outside backs, he could see the path clear up for him. Perhaps it's also a sign that Leinster don't rate their up and coming back three players as highly as players in other positions.

Not delighted by this to be honest. Admittedly we'll definitely be losing back three players next season (and this confirms that), but he's hardly the solution. Both Kearney's could well be off, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Adam Byrne go in search of the game time his ability warrants. Ferg is unlikely to leave but hardly has long left.

What actually concerns me is that IF Rob Kearney leaves than we're seriously short at 15. I'd have confidence in Larmour as first choice but there's no alternative in the squad and signing Kelleher doesn't change that.

Anyway the way his move to Connacht has gone is more or less proof that this mindless 'MOVE FOR GAMETIME' nonsense the media is so fond of is a lot more hit and miss than people would like you to believe. Didn't work for Conway either. (I know it's going well for him now but it set his career back 3/4 years)

That said fairplay to him for having the ambition to go for it, he clearly has international ambitions and in general doing well at Leinster more or less guarantees Ireland caps. He's also the type of player that Lancaster could have a big impact on (if he's still here next season) and with a decent run in the Pro14 during the world cup he could probably challenge for a place in the Hwinekn Cup 23.

Last edited:
Matt Mullan has left Wasps with immediate effect.

Be interesting to see where he goes from here:
Has he got a club and he's going there early to work through his injury there?
Has he decided to take a sabattical due to his injuries?
Has he been cut loose because the salary cap investigators have come sniffing?

Latest posts