• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Presumably season ticket related
We announced Rob and Akker just before presale, I guess there'll be some sort of offer soon

Gotta be chuffed though, thats a pretty beefy strong team from Sale? Beaumont and Loog in second row?

Aye I'm proper buzzing - we've been missing a big lump in the 2nd row since Hines retired (and before him was about a 5yr gap since Schofield)
Pack is building rreeaallyy nicely

Aye I'm proper buzzing - we've been missing a big lump in the 2nd row since Hines retired (and before him was about a 5yr gap since Schofield)
Pack is building rreeaallyy nicely

So i'm thinking:

Ross, Akker, JCW, Loog, Beaumont, Curry, Curry, Ross - De Klerk, Du Preez, S James, RJ Van R, Yarde, Solomona, Ashton

Pretty Happy with that???

So i'm thinking:

Ross, Akker, JCW, Loog, Beaumont, Curry, Curry, Ross - De Klerk, Du Preez, S James, RJ Van R, Yarde, Solomona, Ashton

I don't think double curry will be the plan going forward - at least not with Ross at 8
He's an absolute machine but he's not a powerful enough 8 to offset the dual openside flanks. If we had a Du Preez there, though...
Wouldn't be surprised to see Beaumont more at 8 if we don't sign a twin or two.
Evans, LdJ, Ross, Curry, Beaumont,
Philips, Curry on the bench

I can't even begin to guess what our backline will be once everyone is fit. A hell of a lot of talent in there. Four tier one international players to fit into 3 back three spots
The James brothers JOC and RJVR battling it out
AJ vs Rob.

I can't remember the last time we had genuine competition in more than one position at a time

So i'm thinking:

For a second there though you missed a winger. But wouldnt james and RJVR be the other way around? I mean not against this way he would be a powerful 13 but isnt he usually a 12?

Not getting Kitch is a big loss though.

1st choice props are decent, but a big drop off between that and 2nd/3rd choice.

True. Harrison is a very solid loosehead but Kitshoff is on another level. John and JCW are both among the better tightheads in the Premiership IMO.

Josh Ibuanopke -----> Salarycens

Like him as a player physically, but skill level not quite there yet. All the best to him

Josh Ibuanopke -----> Salarycens

Like him as a player physically, but skill level not quite there yet. All the best to him
How old is he? And for skill level playing with mako is prob his best chance of improving that.

How old is he? And for skill level playing with mako is prob his best chance of improving that.
23. It's more implementation on his physical assets though. The man is 6ft2 and 130 kgs but cannot scrum for his life. Honestly I don't think we should ever have mover him to prop and that he would be a decent enough 8

Well we're gone...championship here we come.

Lots of movements already..

Transfers:
In:
Greg Peterson - Lock - Bordeaux Begles Confirmed
Darren Barry - Lock - Worcester
Josh Basham - Durham Uni

Out:
Calum Green to Leicester
Sami Mavinga - Stadt Francais
Andrew Davidson to Glasgow
Will Witty to Exeter
Glen Youngs to Quins
Pedro Bettencourt to France
Ryan Burrows to Doncaster with immediate effect till the end of the season then permanently to Coventry next season
Rauridh Dawson to Pirates
Hammersley - Signed a 2 year deal with unknown club - To be confirmed

Rumours
Mark Wilson 1 year loan deal to Sale seems to be the thoughts.
Cavubati to various clubs (Rumour)

Hammersley will be off to Sale from what I understand.
Goneva is staying in the prem.

Rumours wise hearing
McGuigan also sounds like he is certainly off.
Jonny Williams off.
Adam Radwan potentially off.

Fergus Mulchrone to Sale FC

Was surprised at that, he's definitely good enough for prem/champ rugby. He mentioned in an interview for Sale FC that he's getting in to sports management so I guess this is a way to transition across at a lower standard of rugby as he's had a ton of injuries in his career

Latest posts