• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

McPhillips is fast and an excellent kicker. His passing game could be his weakness.

Thought McPhillips would develop into a pretty good player, but he wasn't up to the mark this year. Could have a very solid career in England but I agree that he's not a major loss to Irish rugby. I'd place the players Leinster fan mentioned and then we probably have two or maybe three under 20s tens who should develop into better players. Johnston is a more talented player but I'm surprised it's a move that he didn't make either.

Stan South to Chiefs one 1 year deal. He was meant to go to Cov but injuries to Will Witty and Tom price means they may not be fit for start of season. Not a bad signing, as cover he is ypung enough to improve and become a good prem player.

Stan South to Chiefs one 1 year deal. He was meant to go to Cov but injuries to Will Witty and Tom price means they may not be fit for start of season. Not a bad signing, as cover he is ypung enough to improve and become a good prem player.

Always been a bit meh for me. Wasn't sad to see him go tbh. Not a bad player by any means but not gonna help you win the prem

Always been a bit meh for me. Wasn't sad to see him go tbh. Not a bad player by any means but not gonna help you win the prem
No but also hasnt broken the bank in terms of injury cover and who knows we have turned a few players round and kick started their careers so you never know but if hes average then oh well

I think its because we have 3/4 extremely talented young wingers coming through and they fear Vuna is going to take their place and halt their development.
But you need balance and ultimately we need to make sure we get straight back up. We've lost Goneva so Vuna is a direct replacement.

We've lost a lot of young lads who've come through the academy as Dean has continued to play the "old guys" and with relegation happening fans are a little concerned about Deans performances now. The youngsters are ready so they need games.

Kibirige is the main one that most are unhappy with.
But its also the likes of Radwan, Conon, Charlie Wilson who barely played a game last season, etc etc

Don't forget that Vuna also plays centre well enough.
As for the youngsters - surely they'll get plenty of time anyway, and there way will be less blocked by Vuna than Goneva, whilst being in the Champ allows a little more breathing space for getting game time into youngsters

But they are still at Newcastle right?

Kibirige was gone once you got relegated IMHO, doubt he will be starting for Wasps yet either

Kibirige is not even that young now. He'll be 25 come October so he really needs to be aiming for more starts.

Wasps are pretty light in the back three though with Wade (I know not recently), Daly and Le Roux going so Kibirige and Odogwu are in with a good shout of decent game time.

Vuna is a solid signing for Newcastle. He will be good in the Championship.

Liebenberg and Viljeon to Tigers

Leaving the Lions
Ruan Combrinck
Robbie Coetzee
Sylvian Mahuza
Nic Groom
Danie Mienie
Robert Kruger
Harold Vorster
Lionel Mapoe
Stephan Lewies
Franco Naude

The Lions have just been absolutely pillaged. Of the 23 that played the Crusaders in the final a couple of years ago, only Marx, Smith, Cronje, Jantjies, Skosan and Coetzee remain from the starting 15 and Jonker, Erasmus and Brink from the bench. That's 14 of their top players gone. Scary stuff for SA rugby.

Latest posts