• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 6 Nations] Round 4 : Ireland v Scotland (10/03/2018)

Fraser Brown's extra muscle making an immediate impact. Hopefully his greater accuracy at lineout does the same (although not anything like the threat of McInally with ball in hand).

Well. In fairness, Scotland mullered that scrum, yet Barnes played on. On the whole, I think Barnes is having a good game though.

Absolutely. But Evans verbally called out an England player last week, yet gets criticised. Barnes says nothing and gets not a comment. I am a little surprised both just don't call advantage, but can only assume when things are fairly borderline the refs are encouraged to let it go if at all possible "for the good of the game". No complaints from me on that.

Absolutely. But Evans verbally called out an England player last week, yet gets criticised. Barnes says nothing and gets not a comment.

Ah sorry Bruce - my post wasn't in reference to your one! It was a few mins later. (Also, do you mean Owens :D? I know us Welsh all likely to be Evans or Williams but still!)

s
Barnes didn't call advantage for an infringement at the scrum, then blew up when it went against Ireland. I'm cool with that but I point it out because its a near direct comparison to the Care incident against Scotland last week that got some folk a wee bit animated against Nigel Evans.

Not to get off topic but in that game the only thing worse than England's performance was Owens reffing.

Ireland did so well turning down the kick at goal in the first 5 mins to chase the winning BP. But it makes the call to kick at goal there totally baffling to me.

Ah sorry Bruce - my post wasn't in reference to your one! It was a few mins later. (Also, do you mean Owens :D? I know us Welsh all likely to be Evans or Williams but still!)

Haha. I got Owens muddled up with a Tory MP.

Going for the corner is 100% the correct call even if Scotland pinch the lineout. Got to try and get the fate of the tournament in their own hands.

Congratulations to Ireland. You can't begrudge a side a winning BP when they've turned down a kick at goal as their first decision of the match. Makes the next game an absolutely belter. Lets see how England fare having to play loose like Scotland.

I suspect that is the six nations for Ireland GS debatable be poetic for England do deny Ireland roll reversal of last year :)

So Ireland win the tournament if:

i) England don't get a winning BP against either France or Ireland.
ii) Ireland pick up a losing BP or 4 try BP themselves next week.

I actually wouldn't mind England getting a winning BP this afternoon as the final game would be mouthwatering if both sides were chasing BPs..

So Ireland win the tournament if:

i) England don't get a winning BP against either France or Ireland.
ii) Ireland pick up a losing BP or 4 try BP themselves next week.

I actually wouldn't mind England getting a winning BP this afternoon as the final game would be mouthwatering if both sides were chasing BPs..

Be interesting because England haven't been in this position before under Jones - where so much pressure on away from home.

Latest posts