• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 6 Nations] Round 4 : Ireland v Scotland (10/03/2018)

Well done Ireland...Thought Ringrose schooled Huw Jones today, providing they've got a fully fit squad well worth a punt for the RWC..

Interesting way POC and Guscott portrayed it in BBC. It is a year of home form. Like Ireland won away to France but were 2nd best that day. But that was the result arguably that won the Championship. England away will be the true test of where Ireland are really as the comfort of home isn't always there.

Have to throw this out there... What happens to EJ if England lose 3 in a row?

I hope we defend like that next week. We weren't exactly rock solid in defence but a slower linespeed allowed for a better drift and we contained some dangerous runners for the most part.

Is this the first time for Ireland being ranked #2 in the world?
(apparently not - that was in 2015 - August 8th - 29th. But this time Ireland have 1.49 RP more)

At least *that* is still on the line next week.

Last edited:
Only for their own sake, as a measure of performance.

Sure, they are usually completely re-written at RWCs, because of the 2x weighting.

Well done Ireland!...from a Scotland fan. Deserved to win today...and deserved winners of the 6N.
Match was much closer than scoreline suggests. Scotland have got a bit to go to find the consistency that Ireland show but hopefully we are on the right track.
Anyway, enjoy the win! All the best...except against us next time :)

Well done Ireland!...from a Scotland fan. Deserved to win today...and deserved winners of the 6N.
Match was much closer than scoreline suggests. Scotland have got a bit to go to find the consistency that Ireland show but hopefully we are on the right track.
Anyway, enjoy the win! All the best...except against us next time :)

The score line is the reality of the final result, you can say whatever you want about what it could have been or should have been and how the score line doesn't reflect the effort mighty Scotland put in, and they did put in a mighty effort, very threatening. However, they failed to finish due to poor ball handling when it counts so therefore the score reflects the reality of the game, not some ideal.

I've been a bit l critical of Ireland so far but to be fair they were very good. Brutally efficient is how I would describe them.

Interesting way POC and Guscott portrayed it in BBC. It is a year of home form. Like Ireland won away to France but were 2nd best that day. But that was the result arguably that won the Championship. England away will be the true test of where Ireland are really as the comfort of home isn't always there.

completely disagree that ireland were second best against france..they bossed the first half and should have been further ahead. they let france back into it and had to dig themselves out with hard graft

completely disagree that ireland were second best against france..they bossed the first half and should have been further ahead. they let france back into it and had to dig themselves out with hard graft
Maybe but statistically they were 2nd in alot of areas but hammered out win.

Maybe but statistically they were 2nd in alot of areas but hammered out win.

hmmm
possession: ireland 68% france 32%
territory: ireland 68% france 32%
penalties conceded: ireland 6 france 10
Tackles made: ireland 113 france 253
scrums won: ireland 100% france 87%
lineouts won: ireland 92% france 88%
mauls won: ireland 100% france 66%
metres run: ireland 352 france 264
passes: ireland 250 france 103
runs: ireland 193 france 99

sex panther... 70% of the time it works every time

Last edited:
Away wins are a rare commodity in the 6n boys, a win no matter how ugly is to be applauded. England can attest to that more than anyone. I think we'll really struggle over there.

hmmm
possession: ireland 68% france 32%
territory: ireland 68% france 32%
penalties conceded: ireland 6 france 10
Tackles made: ireland 113 france 253
scrums won: ireland 100% france 87%
lineouts won: ireland 92% france 88%
mauls won: ireland 100% france 66%
metres run: ireland 352 france 264
passes: ireland 250 france 103
runs: ireland 193 france 99

sex panther... 70% of the time it works every time
Was only quoting POC on BBC. Maybe he meant our conversion rate in that game.
But if that what is upsetting you guess it not too bad.

The point was more on the away wins. However a few of your stats ain't 100% accurate so maybe I got you on the 30% day of your Sex Panther.

Awkward ....... But that nit picking and kind of always the case when a guy tries to be smart and makes a balls of it.

Last edited:

The point was more on the away wins. However a few of your stats ain't 100% accurate so maybe I got you on the 30% day of your Sex Panther.

Awkward ....... But that nit picking and kind of always the case when a guy tries to be smart and makes a balls of it.
As I say I'll take the dislike as an acknowledgement of you tried to make a joke and made balls of it westernforce. Maybe next time it will be on the 70% you'll get it right

Anyways back on game and Schmidt and his stats. There was massive improvements in our backline defensively and attacking. Ringrose no doubt made massive impact on those but they picked gaps alot more accurately and kept Scotland constantly moving so they couldn't for that rightness in the line

My stats are taken straight from ESPN.
Your backtracking on your points more than a Michael Jackson moonwalk.

Run along

My stats are taken straight from ESPN.
Your backtracking on your points more than a Michael Jackson moonwalk.

Run along
Have a look again at them and tell me how many tackles were made.

And I haven't backtracked on anything. I had nothing to backtrack on. Only somebody made a joke and screwed up.

Or of it was on where I said statistically we were 2nd on alot of areas. I was basing it on the attack areas of runs per metres and things like that which were highlighted at time. If I wrong on that fair. But well luckily I didn't try make a joke of it when wrong myself. Guess that you and your 70% day. As I said if you'r going to try go nit picking at least be accurate.

Last edited:

Latest posts