• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 6 Nations] Round 5 : England v Ireland (17/03/2018)

My sentiments echoed
Except literally no one has blamed the referee?
The same thing happened after the Wales game.
It's possible to lose a game, and for the refereeing to have been poor.
We'd have lost that game with any referee, Ireland were significantly better in every aspect of play.
That doesn't mean we should ignore poor refereeing though.

Always the referees fault.

Brilliant win for Ireland. Much the better side.
My sentiments echoed
Did you know it's possible to discuss rugby without being an ignorant twat

Sigh. Is bemoaning the ref on every single post behind the thin veil of magnanimity of congratulating Ireland (or any other team) on their win "discussing rugby." Also to call me an ignorant twat.

I'm all for discussing rugby. Let's do that. But it's just a bit wearisome to read the same regurgitated nonsense and hard-done-by stories every week regarding the referee.

Always the referees fault.

Brilliant win for Ireland. Much the better side.
My sentiments echoed
Did you know it's possible to discuss rugby without being an ignorant twat

Sigh. Is bemoaning the ref on every single post behind the thin veil of magnanimity of congratulating Ireland (or any other team) on their win "discussing rugby." Also to call me an ignorant twat??

I'm all for discussing rugby. Let's do that. But it's just a bit wearisome to read the same regurgitated nonsense and hard-done-by stories every week regarding the referee.

Respect
Congratulations to Ireland for a thoroughly-deserved Grand Slam. As an England fan I am naturally disappointed but I don't want to take anything away from the Irish performance. They were awesome and rightly sit as the second best team in the world (and best in the NH).

We'd have won the Grand Slam if Billy Vunipola was fit.

You can't prove me wrong.

True.. And the WC!!! And the football WC... Heard he is a tidy chess player too, Slav defence preferred

My sentiments echoed

Sigh. Is bemoaning the ref on every single post behind the thin veil of magnanimity of congratulating Ireland (or any other team) on their win "discussing rugby." Also to call me an ignorant twat??

Starting a conversation with "we aren't pals" because someone said pal makes you look like an ignorant prat . If you were all for discussing rugby you would have looked past that ......

Starting a conversation with "we aren't pals" because someone said pal makes you look like an ignorant prat . If you were all for discussing rugby you would have looked past that ......
Ok then. Maybe I'll just discuss it with the other people on here who aren't going to call me "twat" or "prat."

Except literally no one has blamed the referee?
The same thing happened after the Wales game.
It's possible to lose a game, and for the refereeing to have been poor.
We'd have lost that game with any referee, Ireland were significantly better in every aspect of play.
That doesn't mean we should ignore poor refereeing though.

You need to read back through the thread.

I said it not because it detracts from Irelands win, most here are gracious and the England players are always gracious.... i say it because it seems the management and supporters are getting a bit comfortable excusing players indulging themselves on the pitch. Itoje should pay for his indiscipline. He's not alone.

Ah I was only 7 at the time. Must have been too busy playing on my space hopper to notice
I picked it up earlier when they said 35 years being 33 it was something to note.

Incidentally that was also the last time we lost to Scotland at home.

Latest posts