• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 6 Nations] Round 5 : England v Ireland (17/03/2018)

Agreed they have proved to be the real deal, my only concern for them would be their depth particularly in 9 and 10 you feel injury to either Murray or sexton could really upset the balance but fair play, them in the side, I would say they are capable of beating anyone.

No need to be concerned today though :)

Harsh

... They were still strong favourites after first two games
Very fickle fans
They may have been favourites due to world rankings and after a successful, yet mediocre, set of Autumn Internationals. Most fans could see that EJ's 'text book' and game plan was past its sell-by date come the 6N.

This takes nothing away from the Irish and the Scottish who did everything well that England couldn't.

My sentiments echoed

Sigh. Is bemoaning the ref on every single post behind the thin veil of magnanimity of congratulating Ireland (or any other team) on their win "discussing rugby." Also to call me an ignorant twat??

I'm all for discussing rugby. Let's do that. But it's just a bit wearisome to read the same regurgitated nonsense and hard-done-by stories every week regarding the referee.

Just STFU and enjoy the win, Ireland got away with murder at the breakdown but we're a country mile the better team, I could real off several poor descisions having paused and rewound live to see if I was imaging stuff.... in many cases I wasn't.

The fact remains Ireland grand slam winners rightly so, thoroughly deserved.

Must say also England will be back. Just on a bad run. But for Irish this is huge achievement. To win a Slam needing win in Paris and London is phenomenal. Schmidt deserves now to be the held as the greatest coach we have ever had

You need to read back through the thread.

I said it not because it detracts from Irelands win, most here are gracious and the England players are always gracious.... i say it because it seems the management and supporters are getting a bit comfortable excusing players indulging themselves on the pitch. Itoje should pay for his indiscipline. He's not alone.
I was reading the thread as it went,
From what I've read everyone has said we were poor, didn't deserve to win, Ireland were better and the ref was terrible.
No one has said Ireland won BECAUSE the ref was terrible. Think the closest it came to it was questioning the tmo on the tries but we were bad enough to get into those positions we deserved it

I don't think anyone is excusing players or management at all. The knives are out and sharpened, look how many people have called out Itoje's terrible discipline
I think Daly is the only player not to get any stick

Ireland deserve the win.

Ireland deserve a Grand Slam.

No matter who reffed today Ireland would have found a way to win the game.

England are playing poorly. Selection is questionable and performance awful.

The 6 Nations though has sadly highlighted a total ineptitude, inconsistency and incompetence across the refereeing of the game. This was the case in the majority of games. It spoils the spectacle and causes issue. There needs to be a wholesale review of how the breakdown is officiated, high tackle officiating and the use of the TMO. It's just awful.

Tonight though London will be green, I cannot wait to head out and have a few beers with all the Irish fans. It's always good fun.

congrats Ireland.

67434330.jpg

Also common let's keep things civil, it's only a game. (A game where England have won the only thing that matters but still only a game.)

You need to read back through the thread.

I said it not because it detracts from Irelands win, most here are gracious and the England players are always gracious.... i say it because it seems the management and supporters are getting a bit comfortable excusing players indulging themselves on the pitch. Itoje should pay for his indiscipline. He's not alone.

We'll said. Some of the penalties given away by England today were so careless.

Ok then. Maybe I'll just discuss it with the other people on here who aren't going to call me "twat" or "prat."

Discuss it with whoever you like
Ireland deserve the win.

Ireland deserve a Grand Slam.

No matter who reffed today Ireland would have found a way to win the game.

England are playing poorly. Selection is questionable and performance awful.

The 6 Nations though has sadly highlighted a total ineptitude, inconsistency and incompetence across the refereeing of the game. This was the case in the majority of games. It spoils the spectacle and causes issue. There needs to be a wholesale review of how the breakdown is officiated, high tackle officiating and the use of the TMO. It's just awful.

Tonight though London will be green, I cannot wait to head out and have a few beers with all the Irish fans. It's always good fun.

I've always preferred them to the Welsh or Scottish . You always get an over aggressive idiot with them ....

They may have been favourites due to world rankings and after a successful, yet mediocre, set of Autumn Internationals. Most fans could see that EJ's 'text book' and game plan was past its sell-by date come the 6N.

This takes nothing away from the Irish and the Scottish who did everything well that England couldn't.

It was a decent game buy the fortress didnt seem so daunting having been previously dismantled by scots n french. Important we build if we want to rival ABs like England did back before 99 WC.

but we were bad enough to get into those positions we deserved it
On the first try I disagree it was pretty poor penalty call to Farrell on a late tackle that led to it.

Still wouldn't have won mind.

It was a decent game buy the fortress didnt seem so daunting having been previously dismantled by scots n french. Important we build if we want to rival ABs like England did back before 99 WC.
Howndidnthe Scots and French dismantle a fortress in away games?

Discuss it with whoever you like

I've always preferred them to the Welsh or Scottish . You always get an over aggressive idiot with them ....

The Irish are a great bunch to enjoy a beer with. In general they know that post game its not about being an arse, it's about getting so drunk you fall on your arse.

Latest posts