• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 6 Nations] Round 5 : England v Ireland (17/03/2018)

The rules around the breakdown can be a bit nebulous at the best of times, and World Rugby should be looking to introduce some kind of consistency there. But it's a little self-centered to suggest that the breakdown is reffed correctly in the English Premiership, but incorrectly in the Pro14, the European Championship, and the Six Nations.

The Pro14 refs are the pain. The breakdown is a lottery. The AP sides shouldn't have to adapt, the laws should just be properly officiated.
Either way, what needs to happen is consistency applied internationally, then everyone can adapt equally. If supporting your own weight is not to be considered that big a deal, fine, let's decide that and roll out a law change worldwide then noone can complain
My pack would be

1. Mako
2. George
3. Williams
4. Itoje
5. Lawes
6. Underhill
7. Tom Curry
8. Vunipola
16. LCD
17. Genge
18. Sinkler
19. Launchbury
20. Armand

Physicality, speed, impact ..... everything
I might swap Sinckler for Williams for the extra carrying and because I think the better player should have more minutes

The rules around the breakdown can be a bit nebulous at the best of times, and World Rugby should be looking to introduce some kind of consistency there. But it's a little self-centered to suggest that the breakdown is reffed correctly in the English Premiership, but incorrectly in the Pro14, the European Championship, and the Six Nations.

Barring players entering a ruck off their feet, refs in the AP actively penalise not supporting body weight, going beyond the ball, not releasing the tackled player, not rolling away.

Games are flowing more, there is less confusion, and the rules are actually being followed (barring the off feet entries)

I might swap Sinckler for Williams for the extra carrying and because I think the better player should have more minutes
I wouldn't as I'd want more carrying coming off the bench as Billy tires.

Though is say that with my usual proviso that I know next to nothing about tight forward play.

I wouldn't as I'd want more carrying coming off the bench as Billy tires.

Though is say that with my usual proviso that I know next to nothing about tight forward play.
Me too!

In a perfect world we wouldn't need to have this discussion as we'd be able to clone Owen Farrell and have him at 10,12 and tighthead TBF

So Eddie has said that some players (plural) have played their last match for England.
Assuming this isn't just "things that Eddie says", who would that be?

Hopefully: Hartley, Cole, Haskell, Wigglesworth..

Sod's law: Launchbury, Armand, Ford, Joseph

So Eddie has said that some players (plural) have played their last match for England.

Sods law: Launchbury, Armand, Ford, Joseph

Lancaster's, sorry, eddies players have not played their last game.

Embarrassing

Sod's law: Launchbury, Armand, Ford, Joseph
Without wishing to reignite the whole debate I'd add Robshaw to that list.

Honestly lads. We couldn't deserve it more. We're class!
I was just thinking how glad I was all the Irish were off getting drunk so we could quietly wallow in our self-deprecating English misery.

**** off and get drunk won't you, ya hard-drinking loveable rogue dumb Mick stereotype

Edit: On Eddie's big statement, first of all I agree it's probably just another bullshit claim, but if it is serious then it won't be Hartley and it won't be who it should be

Anyone got a video of the Eddie Jones interview where he says some players have played their last game ?

Anyone got a video of the Eddie Jones interview where he says some players have played their last game ?
I think it was a radio interview whilst we were all watching Trinh-Duc throw the game away against Wales.
Eddie Butler told us about it.

Latest posts