• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 6 Nations] Round 5 : Italy v Scotland (17/03/2018)

Honestly, I think that's just the way refereeing is going at the moment, not this match particularly. Favouring a contest at the breakdown over quick ball

Edit: Oops, I'm a double-post w**ker. Sorry

But that's not favouring a contest, the things I listed prevent the opposition competing properly at the breakdown

Just like Nigel Owens apparently "allows a quick game" when anarchy at the breakdown actually slows it down and leads to teams just getting away with murder.

Scotland getting away with murder at the breakdown, and the whole fiasco with the ref not getting them to use the ball from a static maul is irritating.

Ferrarri, Negri, Polledri, Bisegni, Bellini, Minozzi all very good young players - fantastic to see!

Ugo Monye: the likes of Hogg, Russell and Laidlaw need to up the tempo.

Me: Does Laidlaw have more than one tempo?

Also ref calls it backwards in real time. Waits for a try then checks it. He's having a pretty shocking day.

I agree it's too far, some of the body shapes when "jackalling" today are farcical, but my point is I don't really think it's just this ref today, it's a trend.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dSvd0Zf.gif
Polledri's a great carrier.

Wow. Scottish first up defence is a bit soft really, but clinical from Italy there.

Ugo Monye: the likes of Hogg, Russell and Laidlaw need to up the tempo.

Me: Does Laidlaw have more than one tempo?

Also ref calls it backwards in real time. Waits for a try then checks it. He's having a pretty shocking day.

No, and it is called "put pins in your eyes slow".

Completely 1 sided reffing, Scots coming from the side in every other ruck

Last edited:
Scotland getting anything they want from the ref.

Utter joke. These shoddy refereeing performances are just papering over the rather large cracks in the Scotland pack - that they aren't powerful carriers and if they're not getting away with murder at the breakdown, they're not very good.

Honestly some of the "rolling away" this ref considers acceptable is ludicrous

Parisse is so past it. Decision making and execution from him have been dire

Latest posts