• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2018 Autmn International

I'm of the less is more school and quite like the fact we haven't been playing them every other week. Means this match is something to look forward to and carries real meaning.

Many of our players will have a pretty good idea of what they're in for from the Lions.

I'm of the less is more school and quite like the fact we haven't been playing them every other week. Means this match is something to look forward to and carries real meaning.

Many of our players will have a pretty good idea of what they're in for from the Lions.
I agree partially every 4 years is not often enough in my book. Especially when we are playing every other blighted in that time period at least twice.

Take them to Dublin too, when was the last time NZ lost two games on an EOYT? Have they?
Wales have never beaten them in AI's, neither have Ireland, Scotland have never beaten them.

So that leaves England and France who have beaten them in Autumn Internationals....

In 2002 they drew against France and lost to England, looking at the history they tended to not tour England and France in the same year and certainly when they lost against one you don't a corresponding win in the other fixture as it never occurred.

Wales have never beaten them in AI's, neither have Ireland, Scotland have never beaten them.

So that leaves England and France who have beaten them in Autumn Internationals....

In 2002 they drew against France and lost to England, looking at the history they tended to not tour England and France in the same year and certainly when they lost against one you don't a corresponding win in the other fixture as it never occurred.
Oh?
000d2005-800.jpg

I thought it was earlier in the year than November either way not sure I count a neutral venue as an Autumn International......seriously not trying to take anything away from the win.

I thought it was earlier in the year than November either way not sure I count a neutral venue as an Autumn International......seriously not trying to take anything away from the win.
conor-murray-point.jpg

Say his name..... Call him daddy and I won't give this story to the same crappy online news outlets who get outraged when someone on Sky News accidentally refers to an Irish footballer as British in a simple slip of the tongue.

Hosting Japan? Ouch.
Call it a RWC re-match. Japan and England placed 9th and 10th respectively... Can't let them get away with that!

On a more serious note, it's a damn good thing Japan are getting some tests against the likes of Australia and England over the next 18 months. (and Ireland recently). They need every opportunity if they're going to be worthy hosts.

Last edited:

Latest posts