• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Champions Cup] Quarter Final : Leinster v Saracens (01/04/2018)

Be even better when we have 3 backrowers, if only Henshaw was fit.

Both semi finals will be tough to call though.
Munster in France v Racing
And Leinster against the only team that is on the same level in attack play as them.
Can't see Scarlets living with Leinster.
As for us I think we will struggle big time too. Not belittling us but Racing look awesome to be fair and fact it in France will add to the difficulty. It's Leinsters tournament to loose to be fair. They have a conveyor belt that is producing a large amount of talent across the board.

I thought Saracens looked very laboured in midfield. Farrell can't have been tackled more than twice in the entire game, either a short pass to a forward or a ball out the back every time. I know he wasn't fit but he looks short of pace at 10 to me. Barrett is a good defender and runs hard but they just kept running into brick walls and didn't have the pace to get outside Leinster. As a result, they lost too much ball and a couple of defensive mistakes on top of that made it difficult for them.

Leinster played well though, clinical performance and I think they'll take some beating now.

Fielding a teenage lock, a past it legend and a good club player was never going to cut it against the Leinster back row.

Isiekwe's a lock and potentially a bloody good one. He's not spectacular, but he just seems to do most things right. Hope he gets a chance in SA.

Agree that Loz looks cut out for 12.

Sarries glory days look behind them. They have a lot of reinventing to do, esp in the backs. Ashton's gone, Wyles is retiring, Bosch must be close, Wiggles should be, the game's moved on from Barrett and Goode. Goode's the youngest of that lot and he turns 30 in May. Maitland's only a few months behind him.

Like Eng, it looks like they were over reliant on Binny.

Good win. Leavy and Ryan were immense. Lowe and Fardy are probably the right Antipodean choices but we'll have to try get 80 mins out of Luke McGrath next time. McCarthy is not ready for this level.

Might seem foolish given the pasting Scarlets gave us last year but i don't see Leinster losing against any of the teams left.

I'll cream myself if we ever field Ruddock, Leavy, SOB.

Isiekwe's a lock and potentially a bloody good one. He's not spectacular, but he just seems to do most things right. Hope he gets a chance in SA.

Think that's underselling him a bit, he does everything you would want a player to do, to a high level.

Good win. Leavy and Ryan were immense. Lowe and Fardy are probably the right Antipodean choices but we'll have to try get 80 mins out of Luke McGrath next time. McCarthy is not ready for this level.

Might seem foolish given the pasting Scarlets gave us last year but i don't see Leinster losing against any of the teams left.

I'll cream myself if we ever field Ruddock, Leavy, SOB.
+1

Nick McCarthy struggled but it was worthwhile getting him on the field to see if he's up to this level.

Scarlets are an outstanding team. They won't fear coming to Dublin. Could well turn Leinster over but I fancy the home side to do it by less than 7.

Jordan Larmour, Sean O'Brien and Jack Conan are all due back shortly which'll further boost Leinster's strength in depth. I'd go with the same backrow you suggest, Scott Fardy alongside James Ryan in the second row with Devin Toner and Jordi Murphy on the bench.

Can't see Scarlets living with Leinster.
As for us I think we will struggle big time too. Not belittling us but Racing look awesome to be fair and fact it in France will add to the difficulty. It's Leinsters tournament to loose to be fair. They have a conveyor belt that is producing a large amount of talent across the board.

I think Munster are the weakest side left but with a bit of luck who knows, we might get to the final. We won't beat Leinster though. I think they'll beat the Scarlets alright but the Scarlets can score from anywhere so it could be a cracker.

I think Munster are the weakest side left but with a bit of luck who knows, we might get to the final. We won't beat Leinster though. I think they'll beat the Scarlets alright but the Scarlets can score from anywhere so it could be a cracker.

Just put all your trust in whoever refs and you'll be fine

Just put all your trust in whoever refs and you'll be fine
FrenchFan you seem to have serious grudges with the refs yet on few incidents you picked there was none clear cut. Would it be possible that the rules aren't fully known by some either. And that's not an insult or anything just wondering.

FrenchFan you seem to have serious grudges with the refs yet on few incidents you picked there was none clear cut. Would it be possible that the rules aren't fully known by some either. And that's not an insult or anything just wondering.

Nothing personal. I'm neutral. The standard of officiating in CCup is poor. We've known that for a long time. Just read the comments on Twitter from ex players about Nigel job in Limerick. Even BOD says he was crap.

I do know the rules. But the rules are not applied across the board. Sometimes they're just not applied at all.

The French clubs know they will get a raw deal with refs in Europe. So it's great you drew Racing.

Nothing personal. I'm neutral. The standard of officiating in CCup is poor. We've known that for a long time. Just read the comments on Twitter from ex players about Nigel job in Limerick. Even BOD says he was crap.

I do know the rules. But the rules are not applied across the board. Sometimes they're just not applied at all.

The French clubs know they will get a raw deal with refs in Europe. So it's great you drew Racing.
Again I've seen alot for and alot against Owens. On the calls alot are debatable both ways. Can I ask what decisions you think were horribly wrong.
On Zebo one it seems many agree and many disagree.
On Murray try it 50/50.
Ashton try same although it was correct call.

Again I've seen alot for and alot against Owens. On the calls alot are debatable both ways. Can I ask what decisions you think were horribly wrong.
On Zebo one it seems many agree and many disagree.
On Murray try it 50/50.
Ashton try same although it was correct call.

We've discussed this in game thread. Don't want repeat points. Pen try for Ashton. Murray try was 50/50 and hard to call I agree.

I leave it here. I just hope the refs are up to it in the semis and we see great rugby, not the ref. Good luck in Bordeaux.

We've discussed this in game thread. Don't want repeat points. Pen try for Ashton. Murray try was 50/50 and hard to call I agree.

I leave it here. I just hope the refs are up to it in the semis and we see great rugby, not the ref. Good luck in Bordeaux.
Again not saying it was clear cut but don't agree French teams are disadvantaged by refd

Again not saying it was clear cut but don't agree French teams are disadvantaged by refd

Muffin you may be right on facts. But clubs (and fans) here have a different perception and may not bother if feel they're getting done by officials.

Latest posts