South Africa
Club or Nation
Sharks
WP vs Sharks
Venue: Newlands Capetown
Date: 16:00 CAT 27 October

WP has been on fire this year.
The Sharks has been on fire this year.

WP beat the Sharks in their only league game of the season in Durban.

Last year the Sharks hosted WP in the final, and lost.

This year WP is hosting the Sharks. The Sharks will win and gain revenge.

WP coach last year said he knew how to play the sharks, saying they were predictable and easy to figure out.

WP must be the more tired side after going into extra time last weekend.

WP squad is good but Sharks team is more talented on a player for player basis.

WP will get a shock this weekend.

Honestly am really happy with what happened last weekend in the WP game. There was always a risk of being complacent going into the knockout stages after smashing every team in the regular season. That they got such a big wake up call against the Bulls puts us in a really good position to pull this one off.

Honestly am really happy with what happened last weekend in the WP game. There was always a risk of being complacent going into the knockout stages after smashing every team in the regular season. That they got such a big wake up call against the Bulls puts us in a really good position to pull this one off.

So no remarks about Egon Seconds WP bias?

Western Province Team
15. Dillyn Leyds
14. Sergeal Petersen
13. Ruhan Nel
12. Damian Willemse
11. SP Marias
10. Joshua Stander
9. Jano Vermaak
8. Sikhumbuzo Notshe
7. Ernst van Rhyn
6. Kobus van Dyk
5. JD Schickerling
4. Chris van Zyl (captain)
3. Wilco Louw
2. Bongi Mbonambi
1. Allistair Vermaak.

16. Siyabonga Ntubeni
17. Caylib Oosthuizen
18. Michael Kumbirai
19. Salmaan Moerat
20. Jaco Coetzee
21. Herschel Jantjies
22. Daniel Kriel
23. JJ Engelbrecht.

Sharks Team
15. Curwin Bosch
14. S'busiso Nkosi
13. Jeremy Ward
12. Marius Louw
11. Aphelele Fassi
10. Robert du Preez
9. Louis Schreuder (captain)
8. Daniel du Preez
7. Jean-Luc du Preez
6. Tyler Paul
5. Hyron Andrews
4. Gideon Koegelenberg
3. Thomas du Toit
2. Akker van der Merwe
1. Juan Schoeman

16. Chiliboy Ralepelle
17. Mzamo Majola
18. Coenie Oosthuizen
19. Jacques Vermeulen
20. Luke Stringer
21. Cameron Wright
22. Kobus van Wyk
23. Leolin Zas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scrappy game but Sharks deserved winners, Stormers were just awful in all areas other than the scrum.

Excited for a lot of the talent coming through!

Was so happy with the win, thought WP might make an All black like return but the Sharks played a very smart game especially at the end.

It was sweet revenge for last years final in Durban and even for this years groups stage game. I see many of our players were overlooked for the Springboks, if thats how its going to be then thats fine, we will play with our own squad and form a Lions like cohesion (of previous years). Working with the same tight squad towards 2019 Super rugby.

Was so happy with the win, thought WP might make an All black like return but the Sharks played a very smart game especially at the end.

It was sweet revenge for last years final in Durban and even for this years groups stage game. I see many of our players were overlooked for the Springboks, if thats how its going to be then thats fine, we will play with our own squad and form a Lions like cohesion (of previous years). Working with the same tight squad towards 2019 Super rugby.

Overlooked? Apart from Akker and the Du Preez twins, who else? Du Toit, and Nkosi was selected and the only other guy I would have picked was maybe Jeremy Ward.

But you have to look at the positions that was up for grabs, and the players in the teams. Sergeal was the top try scorer in the Currie Cup, and both him and Nkosi were called up. Shickerling is a strange selection indeed, but then again, neither of the Sharks locks impressed me this season.

Overlooked? Apart from Akker and the Du Preez twins, who else? Du Toit, and Nkosi was selected and the only other guy I would have picked was maybe Jeremy Ward.

But you have to look at the positions that was up for grabs, and the players in the teams. Sergeal was the top try scorer in the Currie Cup, and both him and Nkosi were called up. Shickerling is a strange selection indeed, but then again, neither of the Sharks locks impressed me this season.

Yea i would have said Coenie, but he just got back from injury and our other Props are amazing, so not too much complaints there, Coenie does offer versatility though so something to keep in mind going forward.
Glad TdT was picked.
Akker should have been in but i guess we also need to give Brits a chance considering he came out of retirement for the Springbok cause.
the du Preez twins was overlooked.

I agree our locks does not deserve a Springbok squad with the quality they currently have with them in PSdT, Etzebeth, de Jager and Mostert.
Schreuder was a weird choice...
Fassi was good would have chosen him over Aplon, but sure sure, Sergeal Pietersen was good so im not going to complain here.
I would have chosen Bosch over Aplon. But in all honetsy i dont think Bosch or Fassi should be making the the Springbok squad at this time, my point is just that rather them then Aplon.

Yea i would have said Coenie, but he just got back from injury and our other Props are amazing, so not too much complaints there, Coenie does offer versatility though so something to keep in mind going forward.
Glad TdT was picked.
Akker should have been in but i guess we also need to give Brits a chance considering he came out of retirement for the Springbok cause.
the du Preez twins was overlooked.

I agree our locks does not deserve a Springbok squad with the quality they currently have with them in PSdT, Etzebeth, de Jager and Mostert.
Schreuder was a weird choice...
Fassi was good would have chosen him over Aplon, but sure sure, Sergeal Pietersen was good so im not going to complain here.
I would have chosen Bosch over Aplon. But in all honetsy i dont think Bosch or Fassi should be making the the Springbok squad at this time, my point is just that rather them then Aplon.

I really can't see the hype about Bosch. And he had 2 chances already, and blew them. He needs to grow and he needs to get some BMT before he will get picked again.

Fassi, was great again, and he's still very young and green, He'll get his chance.

Western Province Team
15. Dillyn Leyds
14. Sergeal Petersen
13. Ruhan Nel
12. Damian Willemse
11. SP Marias
10. Joshua Stander
9. Jano Vermaak
8. Sikhumbuzo Notshe
7. Ernst van Rhyn
6. Kobus van Dyk
5. JD Schickerling