smartcooky

Referee Coach and Advisor
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Tasman
The NPC is back again

Its tribal rugby, where players play for their provinces not their franchises. Its a great chance to look at the up and coming talent in New Zealand, and to try to pick who is going to make it to the next level

I will try to get a table posted at the top, if I can wake one of the site admins up

wow!! again this is a truly underrated competition.
the beauty of the tries being scored is amazing. and the speed that it is played at is spectacular.
more impressive are the up and coming forward packs. the dark arts are strong in this comp and going forward its how kiwi teams will stay on top

who woulda thought auckland wold be unbeaten?!?

Oh dear Taranaki... What happened? And you were supposed to be next in line for a SR franchise :p

who woulda thought auckland wold be unbeaten?!?

Auckland have only beaten Counties and a couple of Championship Division teams. Solid but nothing to crow about.

Tasman are 3 for 3 after facing North Harbour and Canterbury. Now there's a good start to the season.

Wellington being 3rd on the Premiership table on +56 after already facing Canterbury... They're one to watch. The Championship Division was too easy for them last season.

otago with two average looses and then a barn stoming win over the turbos...random, another season where tackling is optional

question, who is making the jerseys for canterbury, tasman and southland? as sad indictment, you can only get supporters gear for about six teams on sites like Champions or Rebel

no Tuipolotu to cover for the rugby chanpionship. awesome deserved. this game was a show of Tuipolotu's class

I'd honestly rather have this comp available in the USA than super rugby. The grounds look like the ideal place to watch a rugby game. The crests have history and the rugby is fantastic.

I'd honestly rather have this comp available in the USA than super rugby. The grounds look like the ideal place to watch a rugby game. The crests have history and the rugby is fantastic.
mole; its our secret . this is where allBlacks get made

Good to see the shield change hands again - now for the magpies to have a crack at it. Hawkes Bay have seemed to regularly challenge for the shield in the last few years, while other sides don't get to look in. Not that I'm complaining :D

mole; its our secret . this is where allBlacks get made
use to be :( now they're getting earmarked at 1st XV level

I'd rather the put a bit more focus on the NPC.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Fumi Tanaka was a fav of mine and a bit of a cult hero largely because he rocked up in dunners with no promises of anything, played a full club season for zingari...then a full season for otago and then a full season for the Highlanders, he earned his spot at each level the old fashioned way and i have huge respect for that

Wellington get their 26 hours at the top of the table. (Wellington 6 games 21 points, Canterbury 5 games 20 points, Auckland 4 games 19 points)

Canterbury vs Auckland is looking interesting so far.

Auckland goes 6 wins from 6 games (and 5 bonus points), with the remaining opponents being Otago, Wellington, Southland, and North Harbour.

If you'd told me at the start of the season this was going to happen, there's no way I would have believed you.

We might go unbeaten for the entire regular season, and then lose in the knock outs :(

Some close games this week. Taranaki just missing out on toppling Auckland by a last minute missed conversation, and Tasman getting a fright from Counties Manukau ... Nice to enjoy afternoon rugby at Trafalgar park again, and to finally meet Smart Cooky :)

Right back at ya Shaggy. I was surprised to see we knew a few people in in common, even though you played for....... (I'm struggling to say it...) Stoke!

Well Auckland won. Theres an old saying that till this day still holds true - when Auckland rugby is good, All Black rugby is real good.

I disagree. Auckland s sucked the last 10 years and ABs have had a golden era
It's a belief of yesteryear when Auckland was a real force. One that was shared by the Australians.

I like to think of Auckland winning as a sign that as our best is yet to come.

Latest posts