• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Barbarians v Argentina (01/12/18)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

South Africa

Venue: Twickenham
Time: 16:30 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Tigs Man

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Puerto Rico

Club or Nation

Wigan

Barbarians squad

Backs
Tomasso Benvenuti (Benetton & Italy), Damian de Allende (Stormers & South Africa), Jack Debreczeni (Chiefs), Aphiwe Dyanti (Lions & South Africa), Tom English (Rebels & Australia), Leon Fukofuka (Auckland & Tonga), Elton Jantjies (Lions & South Africa), Jesse Kriel (Bulls & South Africa), Frank Lomani (Rebels & Fiji), Handre Pollard (Bulls & South Africa).

Forwards

Schalk Brits (Unattched & South Africa), Wyatt Crockett (Crusaders & New Zealand), Lood de Jager (Bulls & South Africa), Pieter-Steph du Toit (Stormers & South Africa), Luke Jones (Bordeaux Begles & Australia), Steven Kitshoff (Stormers & South Africa), Siya Kolisi (Stormers & South Africa), Juan Miguel Leguizamon (Jaguares & Argentina), Malcolm Marx (Lions & South Africa), Alexandre Menini (Lyon & France), Trevor Nayakane (Bulls & South Africa), Sikhumbuzo Notshe (Stormers & South Africa), Jordan Taufua (Crusaders)

TBeastT

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

So it's just a tie breaker between SA and Argentina at a neutral venue?

CraigWarrior

Academy Player
Reaction score
Club or Nation

Glasgow

Recording it. Clashes with pro 14 fixtures. I used to get excited about Barbarians playing. Does not mean as much these days.

Bruce_ma_goose

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Italy

Benvenuti and DDA are about the least flamboyant players for their respective countries. All the entertainment will be coming from the Pumas, although Pollard and Jantjies can both be fun if they are allowed to cut loose.

Derpus

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Australia

Club or Nation

Waratahs

Strong baabaas team. Could easily win it.

Steve-o

Bench Player
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

South Africa

I'm not sure how the system works for how the coach or players get chosen but I wouldn't be surprised if Rassie put his hand up to coach this one as a means to give many Boks effectively an additional Test match before the WC. He has been counting down the number of matches before it kicks off.

All Black

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

New Zealand

Weird that I only know the Bok players in that backline and none of the kiwis...

ragerancher

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

This has been a pretty fun game to watch. Tons of errors and sloppy but still fun.

munstermuffin

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Munster

I'm not sure how the system works for how the coach or players get chosen but I wouldn't be surprised if Rassie put his hand up to coach this one as a means to give many Boks effectively an additional Test match before the WC. He has been counting down the number of matches before it kicks off.
Did they not mention something pregame along lines of he enquired about Le Roux availability and Toulouse player bit both couldn't.
But to be fair they didn't seem to take it to serious

Bruce_ma_goose

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Italy

It was an alright throwabout. Bonilla did quite well at 10 which is a bonus. Pumas are up to their neck in good wingers.

I think this side was a fair bit stronger than the Argentina XV we see at the ARC. They certainly played better than I was expecting when I saw their lineup.

FNS

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Fun game, we could test some players. Hope the loss dont mess with their heads.

bushytop

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

London Welsh

‘It looked like a tired Bok team. End of year fever...’