• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Barbarians v Argentina (01/12/18)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
daFCYgK.png

bplNNX5.png
j7lEIMe.png
77TMMVD.png

Venue: Twickenham
Time: 16:30 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Barbarians squad

Backs
Tomasso Benvenuti (Benetton & Italy), Damian de Allende (Stormers & South Africa), Jack Debreczeni (Chiefs), Aphiwe Dyanti (Lions & South Africa), Tom English (Rebels & Australia), Leon Fukofuka (Auckland & Tonga), Elton Jantjies (Lions & South Africa), Jesse Kriel (Bulls & South Africa), Frank Lomani (Rebels & Fiji), Handre Pollard (Bulls & South Africa).

Forwards

Schalk Brits (Unattched & South Africa), Wyatt Crockett (Crusaders & New Zealand), Lood de Jager (Bulls & South Africa), Pieter-Steph du Toit (Stormers & South Africa), Luke Jones (Bordeaux Begles & Australia), Steven Kitshoff (Stormers & South Africa), Siya Kolisi (Stormers & South Africa), Juan Miguel Leguizamon (Jaguares & Argentina), Malcolm Marx (Lions & South Africa), Alexandre Menini (Lyon & France), Trevor Nayakane (Bulls & South Africa), Sikhumbuzo Notshe (Stormers & South Africa), Jordan Taufua (Crusaders)

Recording it. Clashes with pro 14 fixtures. I used to get excited about Barbarians playing. Does not mean as much these days.

Benvenuti and DDA are about the least flamboyant players for their respective countries. All the entertainment will be coming from the Pumas, although Pollard and Jantjies can both be fun if they are allowed to cut loose.

Strong baabaas team. Could easily win it.

I'm not sure how the system works for how the coach or players get chosen but I wouldn't be surprised if Rassie put his hand up to coach this one as a means to give many Boks effectively an additional Test match before the WC. He has been counting down the number of matches before it kicks off.

Weird that I only know the Bok players in that backline and none of the kiwis...

This has been a pretty fun game to watch. Tons of errors and sloppy but still fun.

I'm not sure how the system works for how the coach or players get chosen but I wouldn't be surprised if Rassie put his hand up to coach this one as a means to give many Boks effectively an additional Test match before the WC. He has been counting down the number of matches before it kicks off.
Did they not mention something pregame along lines of he enquired about Le Roux availability and Toulouse player bit both couldn't.
But to be fair they didn't seem to take it to serious

It was an alright throwabout. Bonilla did quite well at 10 which is a bonus. Pumas are up to their neck in good wingers.

I think this side was a fair bit stronger than the Argentina XV we see at the ARC. They certainly played better than I was expecting when I saw their lineup.

Fun game, we could test some players. Hope the loss dont mess with their heads.

'It looked like a tired Bok team. End of year fever...'

Latest posts