[2018 November Tests] England v South Africa (3/10/18)

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by TRF_heineken, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Cruz_del_Sur

Cruz_del_Sur First XV

Country Flag:

Argentina

Club or Nation:

CASI

Outstanding.
    RSA has just trolled the refs, the citing commission and WR. And rightly so.
    Sometimes i hate social media. Not today,

• Like Like x 2
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. ncurd

ncurd International

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

All joking aside, this stinks of one of two things.

1) Sour Grapes, I don't mind the fans dwelling on it but the team needs to get over it they have France on Saturday and need to stop focusing in previous match.

2) Actual belief they'll get away with it as regular tactic. Which is less likely but even more stupid they are. You have 3 NH refs in the next 3 games in Owens, Poite and Pearce (English) who are likely to be a lot stricter in this regard.

Like I say fans are one thing the team I'd actually be frustrated if England were still swelling on a decision like this when they have other matches to win.

4. TRF_Olyy

TRF_Olyy English Arrogance

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

That last hit is fully legal though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They'd probably be better off going to a local minis side and practising carrying so he doesn't get physically dominated by someone much smaller than him next time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ncurd

ncurd International

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

Yeah because ******* off the officials is a sensible thing to do...

6. Cruz_del_Sur

Cruz_del_Sur First XV

Country Flag:

Argentina

Club or Nation:

CASI

disagree 100%.
    The elephant in the room is that WR refuses to understand that some of their decisions (by action or omission) have consequences. If you don't punish these sort of actions (the tackle/charge) people will adjust their way of tackling accordingly.
    If you stop sending thieves to jail the number of thieves will increase.

That's the beauty. They didn't give a flying turd about what was sensible. They did what a lot of us thought was just.

If WR and the refs genuinely believe there is nothing wrong with that tackle/charge, then there's nothing wrong with that video. It's beautiful because it exposes their hypocrisy in a rather elegant, funny and eloquent way.

7. unrated

unrated First XV

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Sharks

Love this :D:rolleyes:
    But honestly if that was legal, why not teach it... and better yet don’t practice it on bags let two players have a go at it at practice, that way the one player learns to do the legal Faz and the other learns how to be tackled by a legal shoulder. It’s a win win. France won’t know what’s coming. Every time Esterhuizen Farrell’s their flyhalve we will be getting a scrum penalty for the knock.

8. bushytop

bushytop First XV

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

London Welsh

9. unrated

unrated First XV

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Sharks

Well arguably you could say that this indicated to the fans that they are infact looking forward to the next game. I mean we aren’t going to play England again so anything done on the training ground is in anticipation for our next match ?

It’s the same as in that day in Brighton against Japan. For the following game we had to learn how to deal with the extremely low tackles that Japan made. It’s actually not learning, it’s just training and preparing for it so that the players are prepared for it if that situation occurs in a tense match.

10. ncurd

ncurd International

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

Thats all well and good but SA are actually the ones who end up suffering.

We all crucified WR for chucking Joubert under the bus 3 years ago in a far more pivotal match. There is literally nothing WR gains by publically admonishing Garner of they agree with the citing commissioner and at most it should of been a penalty. I'm sure the ref probably gets a far sterner appraisal behind closed doors.

And that's how it has to work if the governing body constantly undermine officials eventually the entire thing breaks down.

11. TRF_heineken

TRF_heineken RIP #J9

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

South Africa

That's exactly the type of reaction I knew many would have. Yet, the same people would be praising Brian O'Driscoll that is still bitching about the tackle on him 10 years ago.

That response from Rassie in the post match interview, as well as this video, just shows what a joke WR has become and their lack of handling things to improve the game.

This is just another incident where South Africa was hard done by the referee but alas, no indication of improvement to make things better.

So all that Rassie did is what we as South Africans usually. We revert to sarcasm and humour. Because what else is there that we can do. When we launch campaigns like we did with Bakkies, the world hates us. So lets keep it light and humorous, and then we can laugh about it and move on.

12. Tigs Man

Tigs Man Hall of Fame

Country Flag:

Puerto Rico

Club or Nation:

Wigan

One thing I find quite annoying about this is the journalists who always bemoan players for highish tackles “if you don’t want to get tackled do go high dumbass” ones are now saying SA are being OTT.

Personally I think it was illegal but nothing much in it BUT rugby has made its bed and plenty of those tackles get both pinged and carded people need to decide what camp they are in becuase you can’t have your cake and eat it in this case.

13. TRF_heineken

TRF_heineken RIP #J9

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

South Africa

But that's just the thing. WR in January made a statement and gave the Referees an objective to crack down on any high tackles, yet it seems like the referees are being more and more lenient to high tackles than they were in March/April.

14. ncurd

ncurd International

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

Yeah but I get annoyed that people still bitch about that tackle. It was wrong, laws were changed. But since you bought up yes let compare a tackle that had the potential to end a career that today would a stone cold red card and lengthy ban. With Saturday which was likely a YC at most.

Also every team gets screwed by a ref now and then. The Kiwis have only recently forgiven Wayne Barnes FFS

15. TRF_heineken

TRF_heineken RIP #J9

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

South Africa

Need I remind you of the history with South Africa and referees such as Bryce Lawrence, Romain Poite, Stuart Dickenson etc....?

16. ncurd

ncurd International

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

You make it sound like your the only country who was shafted by Poite. I think every rugby fan dreads him.

Lawrence was **** as well.

17. TRF_heineken

TRF_heineken RIP #J9

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

South Africa

The point I'm trying to make is that it's yet another debacle with a ref making a poor call against SA. It's an annual problem that just keeps on recurring when we play.

18. MikeTheNative

MikeTheNative First XV

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Wales

That happens for all teams, people just don't remember the decisions that go against other teams.

• Like Like x 6
  19. ncurd

ncurd International

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

Ah well we are sidetracking anyway my issue is not with fans they had a match defining call go against them I expect then to be annoyed.

Its the team that's more worrying and only because they need to prep for the next game. Dwelling on stuff they can't change won't help in beating France.

20. unrated

unrated First XV

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Sharks

They can change stuff by dwelling on the previous game, i want them to learn from their previous matches. That's what the analysts are there for. But regardless i'm sure the 5 mins they spent recording that video would not have hampered their prep for France.

21. TRF_heineken

TRF_heineken RIP #J9

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

South Africa

Nah, it took them less than 3 minutes to have a laugh with that video. I'm pretty sure that video is more than enough to have a bit of fun with it and have the guys in a more positive mood for the upcoming match.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!