• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] England vs Australia (24/11/18)

Australia might not be a good side and they're certainly poorly coached, however I'd be loath to write them off, not least because they're Australia. Careers are on the line for them so they will be hugely up for this game and England will need to be significantly better than they were against Japan...which one would assume they will be.
This, England to win, but with a sigh of relief.
Ausnare playing badly, but they've also gotmolentynpfmgame winners. England have a tonne of grit and graft, but are not exactly playing fluent, high scoring rugby.
England by 5-10

When Ireland rested Sexton and 1 or 2 others IIRC.
This is why i don't think Ireland will win the RWC. Full first team and they beat the All Blacks. Rest a couple and they lose to Australia (who ******* suck).

Cannot see Australia anywhere near winning this one.

This is why i don't think Ireland will win the RWC. Full first team and they beat the All Blacks. Rest a couple and they lose to Australia (who ******* suck).
yeah, it does worry you about their depth. but the all blacks don't have depth in every position either.

Couldn't see them beat SA this weekend really had to peak against NZ

This is a weird game, if England lose its nothing short of disastrous but a one point win would be a good result. Oz are a good group of players who've forgotten how to win, with the exception of NZ who they've developed a real complex around they're always competitive. England should take it, taking it with relative comfort will be a very good sign.

Couldn't see them beat SA this weekend really had to peak against NZ
That's just nuts.

Aus are not a good side....

Need to win this one comfortably back (by that I mean winning both halves and never really looking under threat to lose after the opening 20) to starting teamish for the 6 nations (because the first game is in bloody Dublin) which should be Ford/Farrell but won't be.

Mainly to show progress this AI its been fairly successful for us. SA & NZ were exactly the games they should be. Nobody really stuck their hand up except Wigglesworth V Japan and we can discount that as too experiemental abut possibly good enough for Tonga and USA to give some first choice players more warm up time during the RWC.

Manage it and I'll more happy with the state of England than I was before the AI's started.
Hmmm! Australia not a good side, Wow. well I believe they are good enough to upset England, they may not beat them but as I said in my former post will be tight either way. As for winning it easy I cant see that, no team completely dominates another tire one side not even the ABs dominate the 80min from the top 6-8 teams.

Hoping to see Eddie give big Joe another start and hopefully 20mins or so for Manu if he makes the bench. Nothing will be learnt starting Nowell on the wing.

As for the back row, Shields, Underhill and Wilson would be my starters without Curry. Don't want to see Hughes at all, but EJ seems to see things we don't.
I'm still wondering if Morgan p1ssed on Eddies chips to get himself dropped from the squad altogether. He is a far better alternative to Hughes IMO.

Nowell and Coka are likely fighting one one seat on the plane to Japan, start them both IMO, give us all a back to back comparison.

Nowell and Coka are likely fighting one one seat on the plane to Japan, start them both IMO, give us all a back to back comparison.
If that's the case it's potential game breaker vs utility bench / squad member.

There's plenty of versatility in our backs: Faz, Slade, Daly, Watson can all cover more than one position. Arguably JJ too, and if either Manu and Te'o are fit they might both be able to cover both centre positions. If Loz is selected he gives further options.

Nowell's a known quantity. To my mind, Cokanasiga gets properly auditioned in the 6N. If gets through that in credit the seat should be his.

Supposedly the whole team has a virus.

images

Less than zero chance.

Must watch games for the week...
1. England vs Springboks
2. Wales vs Wallabies
3. Scotland vs Pumas

Sorry
1. England vs Wallabies
2. Wales vs Springboks
3. Scotland vs Pumas

I'm actually thinking of just watching the youtube highlights of the All Blacks/Italy game. Those three games should be quite entertaining though.

Supposedly the whole team has a virus.

images

Less than zero chance.
have the odds changed to reflect this, do you know? if not, i wouldn't mind taking advantage of that news.

edit: australia has a 8.5 point start. not sure if that reflects that news or not. seems a little low. probably worth a bet.

Last edited:
I'm done guessing what this England team will do. They seem to go from the sublime to the rediculous from one week to the next. If we show up like we did against Japan, well it could be a long afternoon. However show up like we did against NZ and we could well put a record home score against the Aussies.

As for a team, well it might be good to test a few lads against a stronger opposition. Like others I'd like to see Cockas get another run, with Ashton out there's every chance he could get a run, although EJ may play it safe with Nowell.

Interesting Care has gone. Wiggy is solid, but he's no game changer. Francis again seems interesting. I've never seen him really shine, but he too seems solid.

Glad to have seen Faz sterling up another gear over the NIs. He really is turning into a world class player and seems to really have a positive impact on the team as a whole.

Will we ever see Manu again? Personally I think not. EJ will go through the effort of wrapping him in cotton wool only for him to get injured in the Prem just before the 6N and so on and so forth. The guys a rugby stripper. You can look, but you can't touch.

Anywho enough rambling. No prediction for Saturday. Just hope for a good game to end the NIs.

Latest posts