• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] England vs Australia (24/11/18)

I like Hartley coming of the bench. I'd rather him finishing the game with 30mins to go making big decisions over Farrell.

This tbqh. We'd win every game, can't argue with those win lose stats.

I like Hartley coming of the bench. I'd rather him finishing the game with 30mins to go making big decisions over Farrell.

Can't argue with the leadership aspect of it, but Hartley has been much better than George has.
Would rather him get 60mins than 20

Jesus hes gone and picked Foley at 12. That's that then. Not losing a second of sleep for this.

Once England comfortably tuck us away this will officially be the worst season the Wallabies have had since 1958 and the first time in history we have lost to England 6 times in a row. And there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Might finally be time to follow the rest and switch to league.

Not sure if being overly harsh but has Slade had more good moments that stood out in any decent game yet than bad moments? It seems to me he makes a fair few mistakes but doesn't balance that out with moments of brilliance and doesn't even appear to do the basics to a very high level consistently. It's a real shame because I want him to be good but he keeps coming across as just a place holder for someone better and not someone who is really in the 13 shirt because they are better.
I agree he hasnt stepped up yet for england but this season for chiefs he has been so much better. He has the potential but hasnt lived up to it so far, JJ will be first choice and if and i mean if manu stays fit then he should be fighting with JJ for the 13 shirt.

Slade is a good third choice IMO

It's funny because if you were to ask just about any Aussie rugby fan they would say the exact opposite of all that. ;)
Yeah, except for the TPN/Hartley comparison. Around the park/in the scrum TPN is world class (although his form has dipped). Lineout throwing though...

Can't argue with the leadership aspect of it, but Hartley has been much better than George has.
Would rather him get 60mins than 20
If he's subbing Hartley at half-time he can sub George.

Jesus hes gone and picked Foley at 12. That's that then. Not losing a second of sleep for this.
:D

Once England comfortably tuck us away this will officially be the worst season the Wallabies have had since 1958 and the first time in history we have lost to England 6 times in a row. And there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Might finally be time to follow the rest and switch to league.

Look on the bright side, if you get so bad and everyone switches to league you end up losing another franchise, you'll be back to where you were when you were genuinely dominant internationally with three franchises. You'll turn up for the WC and this Aussie defeatism is worrying, wouldn't surprise me if you have our number.

Yeah, except for the TPN/Hartley comparison. Around the park/in the scrum TPN is world class (although his form has dipped). Lineout throwing though...
People still think Marx is quality despite some games he seemingly can't hit anything.

If he's subbing Hartley at half-time he can sub George.

:D

Look on the bright side, if you get so bad and everyone switches to league you end up losing another franchise, you'll be back to where you were when you were genuinely dominant internationally with three franchises. You'll turn up for the WC and this Aussie defeatism is worrying, wouldn't surprise me if you have our number.

I agree with the view that this a terrible Wallabies team. Worst one since the 1970s at least. Australia used to be the smartest team around. They seem to have lost that advantage.

In all seriousness that's a big blow. The breakdown is one place Aus could have attacked.

I think Hartley should start. The team play better with him on and he locks down the set piece. If we are struggling for leadership to close out a match, then its a good thing to expose Faz to it now rather than later. Also when the injured players come back then there will a lot more experience around him anyway. It's funny though because not that long ago it seemed everyone wanted Hartley's head on a spike right next to Brown and Robshaw.

Shields has been getting slated a bit but considering he's only played 3? games in position against really tough opposition, I think he has done a pretty good job. Doesn't offer a lot more than Robshaw does, plays a similar quiet work horse game, only with 10 times less caps. That being said I really like the idea of a Wilson, Underhill, Vunipola backrow, seems pretty well balanced to me.

Unless its tipping down with rain, I don't want to see a lock at 6. I really like seeing Lawes and Itoje in the row together when they are both playing well, it will be interesting to see when Kruis and Launchbury fit into things when they get back if Lawes and Itoje play as well as they can.

Sinkler has seemingly improved a lot recently, though I think I would still start Cole and bring Sink on against tired legs assuming Cole was fit. Moon has been excellent though, definitely the second choice after Mako now in my opinion. Hepburn has been pretty average for me, Williams has been doing a bit better - both still third choices in their respective positions for me.

Whether the 2 lads have misbehaved or not, This is a very average Aus team so they need everyone on board. England have serious problems by simply having Jones in charge. He insists on picking friends rather than players on form. The loser of this game will be completely wrote off. The winner will still be nowhere near the quality of Nz and Ireland in all honesty.

Seeing Williams and Sinckler this autum has made me never want Cole back in an England shirt again. He just offers nothing.

Whether the 2 lads have misbehaved or not, This is a very average Aus team so they need everyone on board. England have serious problems by simply having Jones in charge. He insists on picking friends rather than players on form. The loser of this game will be completely wrote off. The winner will still be nowhere near the quality of Nz and Ireland in all honesty.
Well that can't be quite right can it? We did just take NZ rogjt to the wire, and had Faz made the smart decision early in the game to kickthe points we would have won, and that's wothout being the Underhill try into the equation. So to say if we won we would be "know where near" I would suggest is an overstatement.

Are Ireland and NZ consistently better? I would say yes. Would they be confident at beating us? I would say no, not now. England have proved that can really perform, even with key players missing. If we can replicate the level of intensity and commitment that we showed against NZ, throw in some better decision making from the skipper, and add back into the mix the likes of Launch, Manu, JJ, Watson, the Vunipolas, a more experienced Underhill
and Curry, well that could be a very serious team indeed.

We're not the finished article, but isn't that the point, as long as we stay on track we have every chance of being world beating.

Well that can't be quite right can it? We did just take NZ rogjt to the wire, and had Faz made the smart decision early in the game to kickthe points we would have won, and that's wothout being the Underhill try into the equation. So to say if we won we would be "know where near" I would suggest is an overstatement.

Are Ireland and NZ consistently better? I would say yes. Would they be confident at beating us? I would say no, not now. England have proved that can really perform, even with key players missing. If we can replicate the level of intensity and commitment that we showed against NZ, throw in some better decision making from the skipper, and add back into the mix the likes of Launch, Manu, JJ, Watson, the Vunipolas, a more experienced Underhill
and Curry, well that could be a very serious team indeed.

We're not the finished article, but isn't that the point, as long as we stay on track we have every chance of being world beating.

Wow much arrogant
So English
Bribe ref
Wow

Latest posts