• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] England vs Japan (17/11/18)

Y3ah but I could of told you that before the game.

I think for 13 we just have to pray JJ is fit.
Yeah, I'm scraping the barrell here

And yeah, is till wish sky would scrap the barrell

All the game has done for is confirm we seam to be at our best with Ford at 10 and Farrell at 12.

I dunno if we've actually learned anything.
Not sure about that, certainly at our best when Farrell's on the pitch. I so want Ford to be as good as some of you think he is.

Some 2 bits worth on the match I saw:

English commentators kept going on about Leitch (sp?) in this game. Does he ever get to the breakdown for his team, or does he spend his time on the wing? I wasn't paying a great deal of attention, but every time he touched it, he was out wide. OK when Japan were on top, but when England took over, he was still found out in the tram lines. Might be harsh, but occurred to me at times.

Several more examples of players coming in from side of rucks today, and it is simply not penalized at all. Some of the Japan pick ups, when supposedly not held by the tackler, seemed dubious too. I fancy teams like Japan get a big benefit of the doubt from officials. Everyone loves to see an upset.

England were pretty lost until the changes at half time, it is fair to say.

Wigglesworth didn't do himself any harm either. Very accurate box kicking (possibly the best we have seen in Englands 3 fall tests), and good support for the try to the very English sounding Cokanasiga. Wigglesworth earning a spot on the bench next week perhaps, over Care,. Assuming Youngs will get the 9.

Well played japan
SHowed how it is easy to make England (or any team for that matter) struggle with a little pressure, speed and directness. England don't make changes at half time, then difficult to see how they'd have pulled themselves out of that.

Really? I thought h
Some 2 bits worth on the match I saw:

English commentators kept going on about Leitch (sp?) in this game. Does he ever get to the breakdown for his team, or does he spend his time on the wing? I wasn't paying a great deal of attention, but every time he touched it, he was out wide. OK when Japan were on top, but when England took over, he was still found out in the tram lines. Might be harsh, but occurred to me at times.

Several more examples of players coming in from side of rucks today, and it is simply not penalized at all. Some of the Japan pick ups, when supposedly not held by the tackler, seemed dubious too. I fancy teams like Japan get a big benefit of the doubt from officials. Everyone loves to see an upset.

England were pretty lost until the changes at half time, it is fair to say.

Wigglesworth didn't do himself any harm either. Very accurate box kicking (possibly the best we have seen in Englands 3 fall tests), and good support for the try to the very English sounding Cokanasiga. Wigglesworth earning a spot on the bench next week perhaps, over Care,. Assuming Youngs will get the 9.

Sorry, English sounding? How up to date...

Japan looked good. Great head and hands.

First half we were clueless. No leadership, tactics were shocking. We looked so so lazy.

Nowell didn't look like a centre but was better on the wing. Loz wasn't particularly special. Farrell shows what real leadership is all about.

Mercer, Williams, Hepburn, Ewels didn't have a clue today. Just looked so slow and like they couldn't be bothered.. Wilson picked up but the others need to up there game a lot to be in any kind of reckoning. Itoje played well, as did Underhill.

Big JC was good. Daly ok.

We won, was never going to be easy. Hopefully a wake up call for some players.

Underhill, Curry and Billy in the 6N is a proper backrow I want to see :)

Wigglesworth deffo showed his worth over Care. Care does so good but so much bad. He's a proper finisher only

It'd be nice if Owens was up for looking at Japan too, they're offside continuously.
Owens. Berk!!! He cant go a single test match at Linesman without getting his fat gob involved. "ooh, look at me everyone - I know the laws, and I am here today" Soft twat! Offside at a ruck FFS. As you say, it can be called about 30 times in every test match.

Another example of refs relieving the underdog of pressure, if not Owen proving himself bigger than any test match ever to be played, with the possibility of an upset on the horizon. It was still offside, but hardly the point. Call it all the ******* time then you dickwad linesman.

Salty n Vinegar are us !!!!!!! :)

Maybe it was different on t.v but itoje didn't look MoM. Winning line outs against Japan ain't saying much.

Latest posts