• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] England vs New Zealand 10/11/18

Blank+_2ee107403aaeeaf99d687e4a826e9f9c.gif

I feel bad for all the English who said last week's ruckus was an anti English thing and it wouldn't happen in reverse. You were so close to being proven right. Then maths happened. Idk, blame Isaac Newton on this one or something.
Pythagoras should probably shoulder more of the blame than newton ;)

it was definitely a close call at full speed, only under review in slow Mo did it become more clear

Anyone starting to feel sympathy for match officials?

I've always had sympathy for match officials; they are like the characters in a Joseph Heller novel (and I'm guessing you're old enough and well read enough to know what I'm talking about without cheating by using Google).

I also get a great deal of enjoyment watching idiots arguing millimetres and blades of grass to insist only they are right and that everyone else is wrong. In America, they have a term for this kind of thing - Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

I've always had sympathy for match officials; they are like the characters in a Joseph Heller novel (and I'm guessing you're old enough and well read enough to know what I'm talking about without cheating by using Google).

I also get a great deal of enjoyment watching idiots arguing millimetres and blades of grass to insist only they are right and that everyone else is wrong. In America, they have a term for this kind of thing - Monday Morning Quarterbacking.
Last i checked it wasn't illegal to question a contentious decision that world rugby had to release a statement on and not just clap like a seal quoting laws saying it wasn't a try.

Anyone starting to feel sympathy for match officials?
In fairness to refs in both the last two England games, neither tried to become something more important than the game itself. So well done to them for that.

Something Nigel Owen and Wayne Barnes could take a lesson from. Self indulgent prigs..

Ther
Last i checked it wasn't illegal to question a contentious decision that world rugby had to release a statement on and not just clap like a seal quoting laws saying it wasn't a try.

There was fair amount of debate, not as much deal clapping as you make out. No one said it was illegal to question it, but here we are a week later and we are still going on about it. World Rugby did release a statement, and they said you are wrong (I'm paraphrasing).

We know how you feel, you know how most of us feel. Let's agree to disagree and move on. Games this weekend to look forward to. Let's put that last one to bed.

And it wasn't a try.

Last edited:

Latest posts