• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] France vs Fiji (24/11/18)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

South Africa

Venue: Stade de France
Time: 22:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Bruce_ma_goose

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Italy

The French improvement under Brunel is real enough that Fiji won't get a sniff here.

France will be wearing rainbow coloured laces in support of Gareth Thomas (reportedly assaulted due to his sexuality last week). Rather a classy touch.

Clavis Ruo

Academy Player
Reaction score
The French improvement under Brunel is real enough that Fiji won't get a sniff here.

France will be wearing rainbow coloured laces in support of Gareth Thomas (reportedly assaulted due to his sexuality last week). Rather a classy touch.

On the other hand, Fiji weren't too impressive against Scotland so will need to improve a lot to make a game of fit, notwithstanding the talent the Fijians have at the moment. I'm hoping Fiji can upset a few people in Japan next year. Can they knock off either Wales or Australia?

Bruce_ma_goose

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Italy

On the other hand, Fiji weren't too impressive against Scotland so will need to improve a lot to make a game of fit, notwithstanding the talent the Fijians have at the moment. I'm hoping Fiji can upset a few people in Japan next year. Can they knock off either Wales or Australia?

I don't see Fiji doing much at the RWC to be honest. Their pack against Scotland was pretty poor. I'd rate Tonga, and maybe eve Samoa as having a better pack. Hopefully Fiji make me eat my words tomorrow.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

What a massive result that is for Fiji!

Brigantine

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Japan

That's a surprise! and an upset in the rankings - Fiji up to 8th place.

It's Fiji, Uruguay and Namibia carrying the torch for the Southern Hemisphere this week.

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

The last two weeks:

NH no. 1 beat SH 1
NH 2 beat SH 2
NH 3 beat SH 3
NH 4 beat SH 4
SH 5 beat NH 5

Get your bets on now boys, Fiji rugby championship winners 2019.

#Southernhemisphererugbyisntgood

Last edited:

FrenchFan

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Toulouse

Last edited:

FrenchFan

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Toulouse

Brigantine

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Japan

The last two weeks:

NH no. 1 beat SH 1
NH 2 beat SH 2
NH 3 beat SH 3
NH 4 beat SH 4
If Ireland have a good 6N season in 2019, (and warm-up games in August), they will be the top ranked team and the favourite going to Japan.
Regardless of how much NZ wins their one remaining game vs Australia by - Ireland only have to gain 2 RP and now Wales/England/Scotland have enough.
(as long as they don't lose to France...)

Not saying I think it will happen that way, just that it will be decided in the NH.

Last edited:

Clavis Ruo

Academy Player
Reaction score
Fiji up to 8th. They beat an improving France after being dismantled by Scotland just a fortnight ago? I didn't think their forwards would give their side any sort of platform in this game.

*eats his words in disbelief*
Just shows what "tier 2" teams can do if they get some decent preparation time. That first week before Scotland was a "getting to know you" week. They've improved since then.
If Fiji, Samoa and Tonga can get their players for a full month before RWC, they will shock a few people. Instead, most of the players will probably be playing club rugby right until the eve of the tournament.

Umaga's Witness

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Hurricanes

this one for game of the year?
the first springbok england test was pretty great.
scotland england was pretty great too.

Paulo

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Crusaders RU

If Ireland have a good 6N season in 2019, (and warm-up games in August), they will be the top ranked team and the favourite going to Japan.
Regardless of how much NZ wins their one remaining game vs Australia by - Ireland only have to gain 2 RP and now Wales/England/Scotland have enough.
(as long as they don't lose to France...)

Not saying I think it will happen that way, just that it will be decided in the NH.

I think this is an unforeseen side effect of the loss of form of SA and Aus, they are too far below New Zealand for the wins against them to count for much. Ireland have tougher competition all things considered, so they can improve their ranking through beating them.

Might not be a bad thing for New Zealand to be not the favourites... despite winning the last two back to back and barely dropping a game in between cups... What NZ really need is to play more teams with a Farrel-style defence (and well executed), so we can get better at scoring against it. In the last 2-3 years we got a look through the Lions tour, we got found out against SA in Wellington, struggled with Eng, and lost to Ireland. Got the off-season to figure it out I guess.

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.