• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Ireland vs Argentina (10/11/18)

The current spread is 18.

Too much with that backline IMO. If I was a betting man I'd jump on the Pumas with that. With Kearney and Ringrose likely to come back next week the pressure is on 11-15 to keep their places. Same goes for Marmion obviously. I think Beirne will be a starter by Japan but this does show that he has to bide his time.

Great to see SOB back, one of the best forwards in the world when fit and on form. Chance for Toner to show he's still going to be more than a bit part player but whatever he does he'll still be vastly underappreciated by Irish fans. I think we'll win but it'll be closer than some think especially with a center partnership has underwhelmed at international level.

Other than Cubelli and Orlando I like the Pumas backs - they'd be my first choice given the injury to Tuculet. I'll be disappointed if they don't score 20 points, but doubt that'll be enough.

I hope Henshaw shows some continued improved international form. I think Ireland can be genuine RWC challengers if they can get Ringrose, Henshaw & Aki performing at their best. All three showed significant improvement / return to form in either 6N or June and I think that's been the area where Ireland hadn't hit top gear in 2016 & 2017.

Is the winger Montero still involved with the Jaguares/Pumas set up?

50% worse
I think they're pretty much neck and neck on the notions scale.
England
Having no bona fide captain = Notions
Having two "co captains" = Notions

Notions + Notions = Mad notions

Ireland
Having a bona fide captain = No notions
Naming one vice captain = Minimal notions
Naming a second vice captain = Pretty Mad notions

Pretty Mad Notions + Minimal notions = Mad notions

Q.E.D Ireland's notions = England's notions

he is playng at his club pucara in buenos aires. played a few arg xv this year. lots of inguries. coming back

Is he rated highly by argentinean selectors do you think? When he first came onto the scene I thought he'd be a star - is it a case of him always being injured at the wrong time or is he just slightly unfavoured?

15. Jordan Larmour (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 7
14. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster) 70
13. Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Leinster) 36
12. Bundee Aki (Galwegians/Connacht) 10
11. Jacob Stockdale (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 12

10. Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 76 (vc)
9. Kieran Marmion (Corinthians/Connacht) 22
1. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster) 81
2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) 111 (c)
3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster) 26
4. Iain Henderson (Queens University/Ulster) 39
5. James Ryan (UCD/Leinster) 11
6. Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) 50 (vc)
7. Sean O'Brien (UCD/Leinster) 51
8. CJ Stander (Shannon/Munster) 26

Replacements
16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 63
17. Jack McGrath (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 51
18. Andrew Porter (UCD/Leinster) 9
19. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster) 61
20. Dan Leavy (UCD/Leinster) 10
21. Luke McGrath (UCD/Leinster) 7
22. Joey Carbery (Clontarf/Munster) 13
23. Andrew Conway (Garryowen/Munster) 8

Very nice indeed

A good team for sure, but it does show how the success of both Ireland and Leinster nowadays are so closely intertwined.

I think they're pretty much neck and neck on the notions scale.
England
Having no bona fide captain = Notions
Having two "co captains" = Notions

Notions + Notions = Mad notions

Ireland
Having a bona fide captain = No notions
Naming one vice captain = Minimal notions
Naming a second vice captain = Pretty Mad notions

Pretty Mad Notions + Minimal notions = Mad notions

Q.E.D Ireland's notions = England's notions

Having no captain is really just unexplainable and I think shows that England is kind of in turmoil.

Ireland is just being extra and that needs to stop.

Is he rated highly by argentinean selectors do you think? When he first came onto the scene I thought he'd be a star - is it a case of him always being injured at the wrong time or is he just slightly unfavoured?
We've got our share of wings: imhoff, cordero, cancelliere, moyano, delguy. At least on ofence, we're covered. He is quite different thou. Cancelliere, Delguy and Cordero have all quite similar profiles (extreme acceleration, change lines like few can, decent speed, mediocre defense). If you are willing to sacrifice some speed/pace for size (some games might require that) he might be your guy.

Last edited:

He cant tackle. We wont play not in the near future at least.

Henshaw out looks like Addison is in.

Pundits expecting him at 13 which is most probable, but wouldn't be shocked to see him at 15 and Larmour at 13.

That back line is very second choice at this stage. We'll need Ringrose and Kearney at the very least against New Zealand. I hope Henshaw is fit but at least Aki can do a similar job if he doesn't make it.

Anyway C'MON IRELAND

Thought it was hilarious when Haskell talked about playing Ireland, something along the lines of "that little wizard man comes out before the games casts a spell and we always lose."

That 'tackle' from Stander was pathetically half-arsed.

Dunno why advantage lasted that long either.

Latest posts