• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Ireland vs Argentina (10/11/18)

'Peter O'Mahony has taken the Captain's armband'

I mean there isn't one but don't let that stop you. Rte showing so little rugby these days the commentators don't know the difference anymore.

Retallick had some class line out steals but that's the best of the day.

I know we scored but that should still be a yellow IMO. He's already warned them about penalties at the scrum and about penalties in the 22 in general

McGrath having a good game off the bench as well.

Hadn't realised it was an inter-hemisphere game, guess there was a need for an arbitrary and irrelevant reference to NH/SH s****. Most boring stuff ever. Irish commentators are s*** though.

just a basic observation from the two games i've expericed today with NH commentators
a lot of gushing

Ireland closed this game out nicely, similiarities with the AB's games vs Argentina

i think next week will come down to the wire, i'd be surprised if there's a winner by more than 6 points

just a basic observation from the two games i've expericed today with NH commentators
a lot of gushing

Ireland closed this game out nicely, similiarities with the AB's games vs Argentina

i think next week will come down to the wire, i'd be surprised if there's a winner by more than 6 points

Yeah I think a try or less as well. We'll need to be better but then again so will NZ. Whether or not Ringrose and Kearney will be back is key we missed them big-time today.

I said I thought the Pumas would be a top 6 side come the RWC and will escape the group of death in the heat of Japan. Nothing I saw tonight changes my mind on that (if they get good coaching for the Jaguares next year if Ledesma doesn't do it). Continued improvement from them and solid performances across the park. Boffelli, Sanchez & Lavanini all looked excellent.

Same old Ireland, struggle a little when behind. Look like world beaters with a lead and suffocate their opponents with game management.

NH commentators are lame, spend too much time fawning over the players and small passages of play

If you were hearing Nugent the Irishman, he is awful. A one man mission to fill silence at every turn. Almost forgot he had a co-commentator for long passages there.

Did we win any contestable kicks? I'd say they won 90% of them.
Lineouts and restarts were also terrible. Coughed up a lot of possession from them and will need a massive improvement next week.

Larmour and Henderson probably played themselves out of the team next week. Sexton wasn't much better.

Leavy was immense when he came on. SOB is done, unfortunately.

POM, Ryan and Aki were the best of the rest.

Well Tadgh Beirne may just have snuck in with Ryan as Henderson is a bit hit and miss. Still a Lion but well competition now has ramped up. POM has shown he is vital in that backrow if not for his lineout work just the dogged display.
I am huge fan of Best bit time waits for no man and I would be worried if he is still our main hooker come 6 Nations never mind the RWC.
Addison was meh bit to be fair he got thrown in at the deep end.

Not to worried about Sexton as this was his 1st game in few weeks and it was against a Pumas team who are very used to eachother.

Healy and Furlong put in solid shifts especially in the scrum. Best and Henderson had nightmares and I'd be surprised if Henderson is in the 23 next week. Toner to start surely.

Didn't think Larmour was too bad most of the high balls we lost weren't his. Did highlight how much we miss Kearney though. Addison did a good job of stepping in but like Larmour the most notable thing about his performance was how much we missed the player he was filling in for. Earls and Stockdale were fine if not great and did enough to secure their places next week.

Sexton had one of his lesser games, but they tend not to come consecutively so maybe that's a good thing. Marmion and especially McGrath did very well and enough to keep their places. Cooney'll have to bide his time.

Ryan and POM saved us up front to a certain extent and showed why again they're first choice. Leavy had a big impact off the bench and probably did enough to keep his place. I've been complaining about Stander as well but he was good today. Aki too.

Just want to mention the ref, did a very good job on his first Tier 1 test. Think we'll see more of him despite his ridiculous accent.

Latest posts