• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Ireland vs New Zealand (17/11/18)

You've lost me.
You say Beirne isn't unlucky because he is 4th choice lock. So effectively needs an injury to break in.
I'm saying it's the same as Van De Flier. A clear 3rd choice 7 for Ireland who is a top player. Needed 2 lads ahead to break to get his chance. And Ruddock you mentioned as 6. I was saying the same he has 4 lads ahead of him as a 6 and is in same boat. A top player who probably won't go to RWC due to talent in front of him if fully fit. And shows Leinster depth that with everyone fit he doesnt make their 23.

You say Beirne isn't unlucky because he is 4th choice lock. So effectively needs an injury to break in.
I'm saying it's the same as Van De Flier. A clear 3rd choice 7 for Ireland who is a top player. Needed 2 lads ahead to break to get his chance. And Ruddock you mentioned as 6. I was saying the same he has 4 lads ahead of him as a 6 and is in same boat. A top player who probably won't go to RWC due to talent in front of him if fully fit. And shows Leinster depth that with everyone fit he doesnt make their 23.
Yeah, I don't see the relevance to what I said though.

Yeah, I don't see the relevance to what I said though.
Just saying tgat Ireland have depth and well lads need tontake chance when it comes. You say Beirne is 4th BUT I think if Henderson comes on and plays bad again tomorrow and Beirne keeps up his form then he will challenge. And if he gets in and plays well he will get in. Equally look at Van Der Flier. A few years ago we though he would be the best 7 by a long stretc. But an injury later he's comfortably 3rd choice 7. And needs to fightbagain to get up the ranks

...says the one that goes on and on about the referee after every game...
Nope. Check my post history. Garces had a fair game last week IMO and no complaints from me there or even in our games before. Its just Raynal thats all. So sorry but you're wrong (as usual).

Real genuine excitement here in New Zealand for this. Ireland has done tremendously well improving their rugby standards and this is absolutely the shot in the arm the international game needed.

I think the All Blacks have purposely played with far less structure this season to mask plans for the world cup next year. They absolutely have done it the last two previous world cups so it makes sense they do it now too.

This is the time the world always says the All Blacks standards have dropped, they are in a slump and the world has caught up. I truly would like to see the All Blacks say 'screw it! let's play structure against Ireland and hammer them hard'. I believe if the All Blacks forgot the causal anything-goes style of play then it is a fairly easy win today against Ireland 14 points+. If they don't then Ireland could knock them over.

Whatever the case I expect Ireland to be much better than they were against Argentina. They win this and the world cup is going to be hugely hyped event.

Thank you Ireland for bringing some passion back into the international game, we have needed it.

Interesting thoughts from O'Driscoll.

I think they're good points. Kinda goes without saying that they're weaker at 7 without McCaw. I think the point on Conrad Smith is particularly valid he was just a classy operator I feared seeing on the ball and one of my favorite kiwi players. It's hard to gague All Blacks teams against each other because they've pretty much all been number one for the past decade, but I personally feel they're a bit more exposed than they've been in a while and this is the first time anything near expectation has surrounded an Irish team playing New Zealand in Dublin. Whether that hopefulness comes crashing down tonight we will see.

I think they're good points. Kinda goes without saying that they're weaker at 7 without McCaw. I think the point on Conrad Smith is particularly valid he was just a classy operator I feared seeing on the ball and one of my favorite kiwi players. It's hard to gague All Blacks teams against each other because they've pretty much all been number one for the past decade, but I personally feel they're a bit more exposed than they've been in a while and this is the first time anything near expectation has surrounded an Irish team playing New Zealand in Dublin. Whether that hopefulness comes crashing down tonight we will see.
Yeah 7 is a huge weakness if if theirs when down Cane, it's why I won't stand for any "If wE HAd cOnoR mURrAy" after the game on the off chance we lose. Savea was heralded after last week but my God wasn't he just the worst player on the pitch in the minutes England went up to 15-0.

Hi guys! We are father and son visiting Dublin. We looking to buy tickets for this game, if you had or know someone don't need it .. please let me know it we are very interested!
Hopefully, thanks in advance!

Hi guys! We are father and son visiting Dublin. We looking to buy tickets for this game, if you had or know someone don't need it .. please let me know it we are very interested!
Hopefully, thanks in advance!
You'll only get a pair of tickets if you're willing to spend €1500+ today. They're gone.

I think the All Blacks have purposely played with far less structure this season to mask plans for the world cup next year. They absolutely have done it the last two previous world cups so it makes sense they do it now too.

This is the time the world always says the All Blacks standards have dropped, they are in a slump and the world has caught up. I truly would like to see the All Blacks say 'screw it! let's play structure against Ireland and hammer them hard'. I believe if the All Blacks forgot the causal anything-goes style of play then it is a fairly easy win today against Ireland 14 points+. If they don't then Ireland could knock them over..

Although I agree Hansen does hide cards close to his chest, I still think the Lions series exposed a lot of our problems and we've been hurting since trying to find fixes for them. Barrett doesn't miss kicks on purpose mate.

It's not exactly the same though for VDF as he's first choice in Leinster right now ahead of the two guys who he's stuck behind in an Ireland shirt. I'd say between the three of them it's more of a style thing than player quality because they're all more or less equally good unless SOB rediscovers his best. Worth noting that Leavy and O'Brien both play multiple positions anyway. All three are more or less fixtures on the injury lists anyway so we need them all.

Ruddock is different but at the same time he's in the mix and hugely respected at Leinster but in fairness there hasn't been any type of clamour for him in green for a decent while now. He's a funny one as he's a clearly an excellent player and in another era could have one 50 caps as captain.

I'm feeling pessimistic now that the game is finally nearly here, but I do think that if it's close and Sexton is still on with about 10 minutes to go we might be able to finish it off.

I'd LOVE Ireland to win this match, my wife's Irish! But I've got a feeling the ABs are smarting from almost getting beat last week and anything could happen!

With Henderson able to cover lock and 6 probably makes him better bench cover than Bernie.

On the 7 issue for ABs - yeah surprised ABs haven't started Todd to be honest. Good call in the centre pairing by BOD. ABs have struggled to replace Nonu and Smith, which is why I wouldn't be surprised next year if Nonu gets a recall.

Latest posts